We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[ASSEMBLY] Press Gallery

STATEMENT

The Chair's Weekly Address: New Faces in the Crew

by Bzerneleg
1 April 2019

My fellow Legislators,

This week, it is unfortunate that we have to say goodbye to some of our very dedicated officials. It is surely a moment when we reflect on their tenure in this region and how their work over the years has brought positive change to the South Pacific.

I am unhappy upon hearing the news of the departure of my two Deputy Chairs: Rebeltopia and Islands of Unity. The former, if approved by the Assembly, will move on to serve as one of our honourable Justices, and the latter has chosen to embark on a new chapter in his NationStates career.

Rebeltopia and Islands of Unity have served us well, and it is my wish, along with so many others', that they both encounter good luck and success in all their future endeavours. With their departure, it leaves Kurnugia as the only current Deputy Chair. The two of us will consider the option of appointing an additional Legislator to become our second Deputy Chair and shall inform you of our decision in the near future. 

Deputy Chair Rebeltopia has been nominated to serve in the High Court, along with Awe, who was a Chair of the Assembly. We today received, from the Prime Minister, two judicial nominations of Awe and Rebeltopia to be Associate Justices of the High Court of the South Pacific. Both have been known to be having a long record of public service, which has given them knowledge and experience that a Justice shall have. Over the next few days, or a week, this Assembly will be questioning and examining the two nominees, hoping that at the end of the day, we will be able to thoroughly understand their positions and stances on judicial matters and use that to decide on whether they are the right ones to serve as our Justices.

Last but not least, I will be making my State of the Assembly address live @ Lampshade Bar voice channel at 00:00 (UTC) on April 7, so make sure you're online!

With all being said, thank you very much for today and see you next week. 

@ The Assembly Press Gallery
[-] The following 5 users Like Bzerneleg's post:
  • Argenistan, Beepee, islands_of_unity, Poppy, Seraph

Messages In This Thread
[ASSEMBLY] Press Gallery - by Assembly Record - 03-23-2019, 10:35 AM
RE: The Assembly Press Gallery - by Bzerneleg - 04-01-2019, 04:21 AM
RE: The Assembly Press Gallery - by North Prarie - 04-07-2019, 10:40 AM
RE: The Assembly Press Gallery - by Bzerneleg - 04-25-2019, 12:08 PM
RE: The Assembly Press Gallery - by Bzerneleg - 06-22-2019, 01:30 PM
RE: Press Gallery - by Amerion - 07-16-2019, 01:34 AM
RE: [ASSEMBLY] Press Gallery - by Amerion - 10-16-2019, 09:09 AM
RE: [ASSEMBLY] Press Gallery - by Nakari - 11-27-2019, 06:09 PM