We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[ASSEMBLY] Press Gallery

PRESS RELEASE

Endorsement of Somyrion/Aumeltopia in Local Council Special Election

Prarie
7 April 2019

Dear Citizens of the South Pacific,

This is an important time for our democracy. We have an opportunity to replace a corrupt and unjust politician who represented gameside unfairly, with a new, empowering leader, who all South Pacificans will be proud of.
But there are only one of those nations in the field that I believe will do this.

Somyrion is a dear friend of mine. He was a buddy on the regional message board when I first became a South Pacifican, helping all nations out and being a friendly Local Councillor. He was the best Minister of Military Affairs I have ever seen, creating the Reserve Forces and not forgetting his roots. His term as Minister of Foreign Affairs was vastly successful. He handled the New Pacific Order crisis well and opening many new embassies with potential allies.

Sadly, Somyrion resigned from Legislatorship in the middle of his run for re-election as Minister of Foreign Affairs. Somy cited the fact that he wanted to escape from the drama of TSP politics. I think that's a brave action we can all learn from.

However, we have the option to be guided by Somy's leadership once again. He's running for the open Local Council seat, and I think that he is the best choice for the job.

Somy not only has experience in the Local Council seat, but he knows the modern Regional Message Board. He's the only candidate who has taken a definitive, clear-as-day stance against the inappropriate posts on our beloved Board. 

In the face of potential weakness on inappropriate actions from Kerlodia, and in the face of potential divisiveness and unjust moderation from New Haudenosaunee Confederacy, I urge you, citizens, to make the correct choice and elect Somyrion, or Aumeltopia, for Local Council in this beautiful April.

@ The Assembly Press Gallery
Midwesterner. Political nerd. Chipotle enthusiast. 
Minister of Culture of the South Pacific // Former Prime Minister
[-] The following 4 users Like North Prarie's post:
  • Amerion, Lily Pad, Seraph, Somyrion

Messages In This Thread
[ASSEMBLY] Press Gallery - by Assembly Record - 03-23-2019, 10:35 AM
RE: The Assembly Press Gallery - by Bzerneleg - 04-01-2019, 04:21 AM
RE: The Assembly Press Gallery - by North Prarie - 04-07-2019, 10:40 AM
RE: The Assembly Press Gallery - by Bzerneleg - 04-25-2019, 12:08 PM
RE: The Assembly Press Gallery - by Bzerneleg - 06-22-2019, 01:30 PM
RE: Press Gallery - by Amerion - 07-16-2019, 01:34 AM
RE: [ASSEMBLY] Press Gallery - by Amerion - 10-16-2019, 09:09 AM
RE: [ASSEMBLY] Press Gallery - by Nakari - 11-27-2019, 06:09 PM