We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[ASSEMBLY] Press Gallery

STATEMENT

The Chair's Weekly Address: Our Way Forward

by Bzerneleg
22 June 2019

My fellow Legislators,

It has been long since I last made a weekly address to you as your Chair of the Assembly. Despite going through what we perceive as a period of inactivity, you all have strived to gather your energy and devotion in order to revive this Assembly. I take pride in overseeing a body in which its wonderful members are constantly deliberating on the most pressing issues. Now, I would like acknowledge and thank you for all the hard work that you have contributed.

Not so long ago were the Cabinet elections. It serves as a testament to our long-standing democracy that will only get stronger. I want to congratulate once more to the successful candidates who are now in their new office. Those candidates have served our region with honour and distinction and I take pleasure in calling them Prime Minister Nakari, Minister of Foreign Affairs Sandaoguo, Minister of Military Affairs Witchcraft & Sorcery and Minister of Regional Affairs Rebeltopia.

I received earlier today a resignation letter from my Deputy Chair and dear friend Islands of Unity. He was appointed the position of Deputy Minister of Regional Affairs. Islands of Unity has been a longtime member of the Ministry, also having led it himself. I am fully confident that he will do his job well and wish him the best of luck.

Lastly, shortly after this, I will be submitting to the Assembly my new report on a proposal called the "Universal Coding System." It will act as a "wrap-up" to the discussion we've had back in April on reorganizing the Assembly forums. This will be the first of many actions which I seek to take from now until next month, which include a potential ASSEMBLY MEME GALLERY and a more transparent Office of the Chair of the Assembly.

@ The Assembly Press Gallery
[-] The following 2 users Like Bzerneleg's post:
  • Asia and Pacific, Rebeltopia

Messages In This Thread
[ASSEMBLY] Press Gallery - by Assembly Record - 03-23-2019, 10:35 AM
RE: The Assembly Press Gallery - by Bzerneleg - 04-01-2019, 04:21 AM
RE: The Assembly Press Gallery - by North Prarie - 04-07-2019, 10:40 AM
RE: The Assembly Press Gallery - by Bzerneleg - 04-25-2019, 12:08 PM
RE: The Assembly Press Gallery - by Bzerneleg - 06-22-2019, 01:30 PM
RE: Press Gallery - by Amerion - 07-16-2019, 01:34 AM
RE: [ASSEMBLY] Press Gallery - by Amerion - 10-16-2019, 09:09 AM
RE: [ASSEMBLY] Press Gallery - by Nakari - 11-27-2019, 06:09 PM