We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The Rascal Incident

Unidentified Planet, Unknown
Definitely Not the Ryccian Empire

"Concentrate fire on that ship! All cruisers and corvettes, open fire!"

The Ryccian fleet was surprised. This pirate gang was suicidal! What is this, some frenzied charge? Most of the time, pirates surrender or just stop fighting. Never in a million systems has the Admiral ever encountered this lunatic charge.

The Resurgent-class kept sending messages to the ship to cease, but nothing dissuaded them. This fanatical pirate vessel...the Ryccian fleet had no choice.

As it raced towards its final gambit, firing that cursed cannon, the Sword of Justice stopped it. Forever. It was now a million pieces.

"...Sir, the enemy vessel has been destroyed"

"What was that...Contact the Naval High Command, immediately"

"Sir, the enemy weapons damaged our long-range communications systems. Our engineers estimate that it will be repaired soon"

"Blast those pirates...very well then, get me a shuttle. I shall contact them from a cruiser"

The Admiral began to walk to the elevator, but an officer ran to interrupt him. He was of Vurbentan origin, but his accent was not usual of that race. He came from elsewhere.

"Sir! Please see this!"

"What is it, Lieutenant? Why do you show me a planet in your holopad?"

"I was looking at our scanners by curiosity, and I zoomed in to the nearest planet in this system. This isn't Murtel"

"How do you know this? It could be a minor planet in orbit not registered in our databanks. After all, Murtel is a backwater system"

"Sir, I can surely say that this isn't a planet from Murtel. The moon of Akgroys, orbiting the planet of Murtel proper, is my home"

"...You" Kavle ordered to an officer "Get me the Fleet High Command and cancel my shuttle, immediately. Lieutenant, you shall come with me"

Both men said "Yes, sir"

The High Command of the Fleet gathered in the Star Destroyer. The top commanding officers of all the ships were there, either in person or by hologram. The Admiral began the reunion in the meeting room.

"Members of the High Command, Lieutenant Akgraar, an officer from Murtel, has told me that this is not the Murtel system. His identification bar confirms his origins"

"Why is this of importance?", objected the Captain of the Cruiser Holy Light, George Thurmay "I had believed there was a more imperative reason for this meeting rather than a mechanical failure. I do suggest that you order the engineers to fix the computers"

"I agree with Thurmay", said the Kaminoan Vice Admiral Gan Chiet "This is a waste of our time"

"If the ship we faced was normal, I would be inclined to concur, Captain Thurmay. In fact, I already ordered them to fix it again", said the Admiral "However, the enemy was a fanatical one, and I fear that our hyperspace computer actually led us to a world off the boundaries of the Empire"

"Preposterous!", Thurmay once again objected "Those were human pirates. Our ships conducted a bioscan, and we detected the signal. It is, with absolute certainty, the English language, spoken by humans. How could we not be in Ryccian territory?"

"I do not know the reason this has happened, Captain. But all the signs indicating the possibility that the computer leading us to foreign lands are there. Think of it: we cannot even contact the Murtel planetary authorities, and these pirates were fiercely hostile"

"The communications of the Star Destroyer are damaged, Admiral", countered Thurmay once more "Those thugs did that to the vessel. Perhaps this hostile gang attacked the local settlements and desperately fought to the end to hide their crimes? Murtel does apply the death penalty, according to our records. Am I accurate in my assertion, Lieutenant?"

"Yes, sir", said Leukink Akgraar "But that is not a planet from my home system"

"Lieutenant, perhaps you were not aware. By this comment, I do not mean to call you stupid, however. I myself have recently learned that a minor, obscure planet orbited my home system. Many may not know of these planets that have no importance whatsoever"

"This meeting is not pointless, but there is a faster route to end this: we must contact Daonlathas at once, Admiral", said the female Velpan Captain Furstelin Purchanout "I offer my cruiser, the Solace, to send a message"

"Very well, I sha-"

An officer came bursting into the room, screaming.

"Admiral, a lot of ships are appearing before our fleet! They are of the same design as our previous enemy!"

"...You heard her, to your stations!"

The Admiral was right. But it had to be like this. Sometimes, being wrong is a blessing.

In the deck, the Admiral began to bark orders.

"Shields at maximum power! Have all weapons ready! Activate all troops!"
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Messages In This Thread
The Rascal Incident - by Maverick - 08-21-2019, 03:21 AM
RE: The Rascal Incident - by Ryccia - 08-21-2019, 10:27 AM
RE: The Rascal Incident - by Maverick - 08-21-2019, 11:05 AM
RE: The Rascal Incident - by Ryccia - 08-21-2019, 04:40 PM
RE: The Rascal Incident - by Maverick - 08-21-2019, 04:46 PM
RE: The Rascal Incident - by Ryccia - 08-21-2019, 04:52 PM
RE: The Rascal Incident - by Maverick - 08-21-2019, 04:56 PM
RE: The Rascal Incident - by Ryccia - 08-21-2019, 05:13 PM
RE: The Rascal Incident - by Maverick - 08-21-2019, 05:23 PM
RE: The Rascal Incident - by Ryccia - 08-21-2019, 05:52 PM
RE: The Rascal Incident - by Maverick - 08-21-2019, 06:10 PM