We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

A Tale of Long Lost Brothers

Itomi, Vurbentan Rim, Ryccian Empire

"Ferul Blesforn is a Velpan", said Thint. He then displayed a hologram of a fox-like humanoid.

"Velpans are omnivores by nature, but they like meat more than plants. If I remember well, their biological ancestors used to be exclusive meat eaters until they evolved sentience"

"As you can observe, his external physical attributes mirror those of foxes" said Carl.

"Captain", Carlias began "There are various human cultures in the Empire that have developed across the millenia. The trend in ancient history generally was that the poorest of the Core and other established regions migrated to the frontiers of their era. For example, my surname 'Alpontet' and Thint's second surname 'Alpontien' come from the millenia-old bastard or destitute bloodlines the Alpont noble family. Poorer surnames may also have hidden meanings to them. 'Grivyern' may come from 'grieving yarn', a sign that part of the origins of Thint's ancestry lie on impoverished cotton farmers and/or factory workers that decided to leave their home thousands of years ago. The farther you depart from the Core, the more pedestrian and poorer the regions become in culture, economics, attitudes and even last names. As a result, while the Core can see something such as hunting to be horrifying, the outlying regions such as my home tend to care less"

"Ryccians are not the only human superculture. There are offshoots of Ryccian humanity that escaped the Empire at its inception, such as the Axekiu, who wanted to create a technocratic society guided by the pursuit of knowledge, and the Mandalorians, who saw the Old Empire, which was ultra-xenophobic and militaristic, as soft, so they escaped and formed their own ultra-militaristic culture. Despite fleeing thousands of years ago, these cultures still exist, especially the Mandalorians, whose extreme resistance to outside influences and near-mythical fierceness in battle led the Old Empire to govern the Mandalorians with puppet leaders who retained some autonomy instead of appointing Imperial Governors to govern directly. The Mandalorians were conquered thousands of years ago, but those wars were brutal and bloody, so much that the Mandalorians are still characterized as the bravest warrior culture the Empire has"

"Ah, yes, the Mandalorians", Carl commented. "They are the focus of frightening childhood tales passed on from generation to generation in my native region of the Core. Merciless, suicidal, ruthless, feared and valiant soldiers by their innate nature. Those are merely stories meant to induce terror on misbehaving children in our present era, nothing more"

"Regarding the construction of the Resurgent-class Star Destroyer Spirit of the Rascal, which is a compulsory measure in the peace treaty, Captain, I have been informed that it is not finished as of this time. The vessel was commissioned at the time of the deal, and thus it shall take around a year to construct, two if there are delays of any sort. Compared to our existing Imperial-class, this Star Destroyer is far larger. The fact that our shipyards are able to build it in such a limited timeframe is excellent already. My apologies if I do disappoint you, Captain"
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Messages In This Thread
A Tale of Long Lost Brothers - by Maverick - 08-27-2019, 07:19 PM
RE: A Tale of Long Lost Brothers - by Ryccia - 08-28-2019, 12:31 AM
RE: A Tale of Long Lost Brothers - by Maverick - 08-28-2019, 08:57 AM
RE: A Tale of Long Lost Brothers - by Ryccia - 08-28-2019, 10:53 PM
RE: A Tale of Long Lost Brothers - by Maverick - 08-29-2019, 06:30 AM
RE: A Tale of Long Lost Brothers - by Ryccia - 08-29-2019, 09:52 AM
RE: A Tale of Long Lost Brothers - by Maverick - 08-29-2019, 10:46 AM
RE: A Tale of Long Lost Brothers - by Ryccia - 08-29-2019, 03:35 PM
RE: A Tale of Long Lost Brothers - by Maverick - 08-29-2019, 04:02 PM
RE: A Tale of Long Lost Brothers - by Ryccia - 08-30-2019, 06:09 PM
RE: A Tale of Long Lost Brothers - by Maverick - 08-30-2019, 06:21 PM