We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The Treecuu Visit - The Birth of a New Era

"I see, Mr. President. Although it may seem like we ourselves are very traditional, we had to make such reforms ourselves when we first settled on this planet. The most notable of which are religious reforms of Islam. Lord Taavi Rouhani reformed the old Terran church into a more modern version: Stoinian Islam. Of course the Catholics also appointed their own new Pope, as contact with the Terran Pope was lost. Surely you get the picture, but the traditions we still hold aren't likely to disappear soon. They still bind us with our old homeworld of Terra."

The Crown Prince responded and the waitresses appeared with food. It was a small portion of Borsch. An ancient soup-like recipe from Terra. A favourite in Sinaia and ethnic European planets. Although typically made sour, this version was sweetened as it may already prove difficult to the Treecuu to digest it as it is. While the waitresses served the food, the King answered the President in his baritone voice which proved much lower than his son's.

"The paintings serve us as a reminder of what our ancestors had to endure. In a way yes to connect with them and honour the sacrifices they made. The time put into such a painting isn't really put meaning into. Well maybe the artist himself may have, but it certainly wouldn't be the point in it."

"As for these holographic projectors, we don't use them as we don't have them yet. You see, when I was but a child, the Velutarians declared war on us and killing my father. This extended into a 16 year long conflict, costing the lives of 8,7 trillion of our kin. May God forgive them"

The King and Crown Prince did an Orthodox cross.

"That war halted any unnecessary technology, though we know for a fact they used something similar. Our research division are working on it, but their technology has proven to be cryptic. It took us twelve years to reverse engineer their shield systems. But now that the nation is rebuilt, we are looking into such technology."

He then turned to his soup and explained the contents of it to the President as well as the cultural meaning of it.

"They also used a different FTL propulsion system than us, we call it Slipspace. We're also researching its capabilities. Come to think of it, I haven't been informed of your propulsion systems. Would you care to inform me?"

The King proceeded to eat from his Borsch while dipping some of the bread that remained in it.
Pacifica: MyriaSallodesia, Stoinia • A1-0: Stoinian Star Kingdom • Aurora: Kingdom of Threnebor
[-] The following 1 user Likes Maverick's post:
  • GI-Land

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Treecuu Visit - The Birth of a New Era - by Maverick - 01-13-2020, 01:42 PM