We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] A1-0 Sector News

ISN's intro played normally as Jane, the presentator, appeared on the screens throughout the Star Kingdom.

[Image: jLaZXBM.jpg]

"Good evening Stoinians, I'm Jane and we have a special report for you by our reporter Jeff Dandall, our Royal Correspondent, who was with His Majesty at the Ryccian Press Conference. Jeff can you tell us more about this Press Conference?"

Jeff appeared on the screens from his room on board HMS Manticore with which the Stoinian delegation had traveled to Ryccian Constantinople.

[Image: A2z6jcb.jpg]

"Well Jane it looked like the Ryccians got the answers to their pressing questions. Questions ranging from insulting the HMS Little Rascal's crew to fears of us eating their xeno citizens. Can you believe that?"

"That does sounds quite absurd, but then again they are a different star nation with different values."

"Indeed Jane. Right of the bat, a xeno, I believe his species is called Vurbentan, asked the King if we were xenophobic. It is still rather unclear what connotations this word has on the Ryccians, but our King answere affirmatively. However he went on to explain our reasoning for it through our history. He also expressed that these are trying times for both Ryccians and Stoinians as both our sets of values will be challenged and that we must tolerate these for a friendship to be able to build. Expressing his wishes for friendly relations with the Ryccians."

"And do our Terran Brethren seem receptive to this idea?"

"Well Jane, from what I have seen the Ryccians don't consider themselves separated by races. Rather they view all these races as part of one the Ryccian, so perhaps we should avoid that terminology in the future. The King has expressed his willingness to help Mankind's survival and most Ryccians seem receptive to avoid any future Rascal incident. However there are Ryccian factions who view as barbarians. Such an incident occurred with a Terran from the Ryccian National Review calling us unenlightened and even fanatical. The King also claimed that the Ryccian officials who he has talked to could easily reject such a statement."

"So the Ryccian are afraid of us?"

"Apart from their xeno races who fear we shall eat them, I think not. On the contrary, they would rather view us a childish nation with inferior technology. They have a different mindset when viewing the universe which will prove quite an obstacle to overcome."

"How long would this take to have productive relationships with the Ryccians?"

"At this moment it is still unclear, but with our King explaining our Governance system and how it came to fruition drawing parallels with Ryccian history. Which I myself have been able to take glimpses off. Although from first glance the current Ryccian would seem sensitive to our standards, perhaps there may be hope with Mandalorians. They are fabled warriors and their codes seems very similar to ours, so perhaps we could speed up the process of friendship. But it is too soon to say such definitive things."

"Thank you very much Jeff. Keep an eye on the Ryccians for us will you?"

"Sure will do, Jane."

"Now we return to our normal program. Lord Ethan Thorne's rally on Tozoria has amassed quite a lot of people for the election campaigns. Recent polls have shown us that the TPCE hasn't grown their support, but such rallies seem to contradict ... "

For the rest of the program Jane continued with her day to day tasks informing the Stoinian Populace.
Pacifica: MyriaSallodesia, Stoinia • A1-0: Stoinian Star Kingdom • Aurora: Kingdom of Threnebor

Messages In This Thread
[IC] A1-0 Sector News - by Maverick - 01-29-2020, 02:09 PM
RE: [IC] A1-0 Sector News - by Maverick - 01-29-2020, 02:18 PM
RE: [IC] A1-0 Sector News - by Maverick - 05-19-2020, 10:13 AM
RE: [IC] A1-0 Sector News - by Maverick - 12-05-2020, 12:05 AM
RE: [IC] A1-0 Sector News - by Maverick - 01-14-2021, 05:02 PM
RE: [IC] A1-0 Sector News - by Maverick - 01-08-2022, 03:01 PM