We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

#Roa4PM - mā pango, mā whero ka oti te mahi 2.0

Thanks for the questions, Omega!

(02-09-2020, 09:54 AM)Omega Wrote: 1. What do you plan to do should you not be elected?

Pretty much like the past two terms: Hang back, enjoy the region, do some admin stuff, do some legislating, and be available to call upon in case there's an unexpected Cabinet vacancy and somebody needs to step in.

(02-09-2020, 09:54 AM)Omega Wrote: 2. Who is your favorite historical figure, and why?

I don't really have a single favorite, and even if I did it'd be shifting all the time. Right now it's probably Margaret Hamilton because she was a badass computer scientist working on various NASA projects back in the day and either laid the groundwork for, or outright invented, several paradigms in software development in use to this day. Plus, she along with Grace Hopper pretty much prove that yes, girls can be software developers too and can leave us guys (who are over-represented in my field of work) in the dust.

(02-09-2020, 09:54 AM)Omega Wrote: 3. How hands-on do you plan to be with each ministry? After all, each minister has its own mandate to govern but the PM is expected to be the leader of government so how do you deal with these competing ideas?

In past terms, I've been most hands-off with RA because that's not my strength, and otherwise getting more hands-on wherever and whenever I saw a need for it. That shouldn't change in this coming term. I suspect I'll be involved in RA's integration department as that's where I see the need (particularly in the area of raising new Cabinet ministers), though the specifics of that I'd hash out with the incoming MoRA.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]
[-] The following 2 users Like Roavin's post:
  • Amerion, phoenixofthesun14

Messages In This Thread
RE: #Roa4PM - mā pango, mā whero ka oti te mahi 2.0 - by Roavin - 02-09-2020, 11:41 AM