We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[AT VOTE] Bilateral Treaty with TEP

(05-25-2020, 08:22 AM)sandaoguo Wrote: Realistically, where do you see TEP in the next year?

Probably still nonaligned but they won't go, Defender if we stop engagement. The Fedele coup made clear our region's commitment to TEP's security and well being as a community and by passing treaties like this one, we affirm it. Yes, the TEP-TRR-TSP treaty exists but there is no reason to not engage further. Again, if we don't engage, no one will want to become Defender.

(05-25-2020, 08:22 AM)sandaoguo Wrote: I'm confused by this-- we have a much a longer history with TRR, while our history with TEP is checkered at best. Do you see any scenario in which we would abandon TRR in favor of TEP??

That's not the point. The point is we don't know what the future either region might have and we could be closer with TEP than we are with TRR at some point. However, by not having this option on the table we could risk abandoning a closer ally. I can't see the future of our relationship with either region but I want us to have all options on the table moving towards an uncertain tomorrow.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021
[-] The following 2 users Like Omega's post:
  • Daytime to Night, Seraph

Messages In This Thread
[AT VOTE] Bilateral Treaty with TEP - by Omega - 04-27-2020, 04:04 PM
RE: [Proposal] Bilateral Treaty with TEP - by Omega - 05-25-2020, 05:08 PM