We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

So, how about that RA split, huh?

(07-22-2020, 03:15 PM)USoVietnam Wrote:
(07-22-2020, 03:05 AM)Whole India Wrote: lack of freedom to projects.

Can you further elaborate on this, what projects did it happen and when?

—————

Looks like I see two lines of thoughts here
- All RA departments under one ministry with central direction from the Minister allows for effective communication between them at the cost of the minister having heavy workload and reduce the wider community’s ability to choose its favorite policies on a specific RA area (e.g. when you vote for a MoRA, you may like his integration policy but dislike his culture policy, you have to make tradeoff between candidates) Potential solution: Pursuit the policy of deputy ministers but allow people to apply for deputies via application and allow deputies to come up with their own policies. This relieves pressure of being perfect on everything for the minister while still allow effective central coordination when needed.
- A split relieves the responsibility of the minister and allow leaders of respective departments to pursuit their own policies and allow the wider community to decide on those policies but in-exchange, reduces communication efficiency between departments and requires cabinet-level coordination (this assumes the MoRA minister is working like a mini-PM) Potential solution: A joint server for all RA-related departments allows for easy cross-staff communication. If the aforementioned assumption is true, it should be alright for the PM to be the central coordination guy since integration, media, and culture are actually different (1)

(1): Someone with more experience please tell me, what do media, culture, and integration share in common?

In my opinion, they are totally different, both in skills and in plans. The only reason people seem to treat them as the same stuff is because the current MoRA structure makes people or to be more precise, notable people have to be relevant in most or all of these areas. From my experience in MoRA, those who prefer to work on integration don’t usually work on media or culture and vice versa. For notable members, you have them work in perhaps two departments at once but not all. This may need conclusive proofs through, I may have to run through the MoRA discord to collect role statistics.

The only things shared between those areas are their needs of graphics and coordinated promotion (so is MA and FA which proves they need their own institutions, especially integration)

I used to be anti-split based on the communication efficiency and “the people will still be the same” arguments. This is true in the short run, but the long run, clear differences in staff between institutions will happen. I very much prefer this as I firmly believe you are the most efficient when you do one or very few things at once. Real-life experience and NS have proven me times and times again the more things you do at once and the more different they are the less their quality will be. 

Your excellency, it happened in my milograd coup documentary project and many of the young fellows like me have experienced it a lot. In the 'I' day festival a poetry contest was in fixture and I was going to handle it, but suddenly it was changed to music and hence you aren't given the freedom to make projects. My milograd coup documentary project was first denied and then allowed, but it was indirectly discouraged by few saying 'I didn't liked WI [Whole India]'s style.'

Messages In This Thread
So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Roavin - 07-20-2020, 12:30 PM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Seraph - 07-21-2020, 02:38 AM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Whole India - 07-23-2020, 01:55 AM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Seraph - 08-21-2020, 08:46 AM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Seraph - 08-22-2020, 05:19 PM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Seraph - 08-24-2020, 02:24 AM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Seraph - 08-25-2020, 02:17 AM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Seraph - 08-26-2020, 04:55 AM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Qwert - 08-27-2020, 03:21 PM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Swifty - 08-27-2020, 09:16 PM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Swifty - 08-27-2020, 09:26 PM