We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

So, how about that RA split, huh?

(08-23-2020, 09:33 AM)Rabbitz Wrote:
(08-23-2020, 12:06 AM)phoenixofthesun14 Wrote:
(08-22-2020, 11:43 PM)Rabbitz Wrote: I don't want the complete dissolution of MoRA. I think the MoRA can very well handle Cultural and Integrational Affairs much better if the need to proof read TSJs and churn them out becomes a thing of the past.

The reason Culture and Integration separated out imo is because both things are fairly different in mandate. I think it could be easier to handle separately rather than together.
However, the definition of what the Integregrational Affairs does has always been rather vague. To this day, I'm still not sure what that department does specifically and what jobs would follow under the scope of "Helping newbies better understand TSP" as I've not seen much of that. Sure we have dispatches and such, but that seems about it. I'm probably wrong, but I don't see much from them. But anyway, having a Ministry solely dedicated to "Helping newbs" may seem to get boring and out-of-ideas rather quickly. In regards to Cultural, I don't see why we need to have a Ministry solely made for Events as that seems what Culutural does these days. Events only last a couple of days with the occasional/rare lasting a week. I don't think we need a Ministry to constantly plan events when we usually give them about a two week separation until the next one happens.

I will just repeat my point on integration here. It is an infrastructure-providing ministry. Dispatches, guides, recruitment, graphics/themes,... belong to “infrastructure” as in you set it up in the first place then you maintain it and improve it later. The wording of the integration ministry amendment may need to be clearer on that front. You don’t see much of it though because we are so so terrible at it, the true workload of a proper integration plan or what integration is never realized (as I have witnessed rather wrong attempt at revising it in previous terms). Simply, because the MoRA is pre-occupied with media and events. They either have to dilute their effort and fail miserably at three or focus on one and fail the remaining.

That said, I think we can gracefully shut down the debate over the merit of a split now. Just put options up to vote.
Chief Supervising Armchair
[-] The following 3 users Like USoVietnam's post:
  • North Prarie, Seraph, Somyrion

Messages In This Thread
So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Roavin - 07-20-2020, 12:30 PM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Seraph - 07-21-2020, 02:38 AM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Seraph - 08-21-2020, 08:46 AM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Seraph - 08-22-2020, 05:19 PM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by USoVietnam - 08-23-2020, 09:53 AM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Seraph - 08-24-2020, 02:24 AM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Seraph - 08-25-2020, 02:17 AM
RE: So, how about that RA split, huh? - by Seraph - 08-26-2020, 04:55 AM