We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Appeal (overturn a previous Court decision) [2005] Appeal of [HCLQ2003] Legality of Closed Local Council Elections

Your honors —

If I may, as the original election commissioner involved in this case, I'll demur the legalese of the appellant and amicus brief above. 

Yet, while I agree with with the appellant that this was not the the least disruptive method, I believe this could have been substantially mitigated by the original ruling providing a more explicit direction for how the election commissioner could satisfy the court's ruling.

While I appreciate the court's conservatism in its ruling, more explicit instruction would have been useful; I would encourage the court to offer practical implications in future cases, especially of such magnitude.

Thank you.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Messages In This Thread
Notice of Reception - by Kris Kringle - 08-18-2020, 11:26 PM
Determination of Justiciability - by Kris Kringle - 08-20-2020, 12:07 AM
RE: [2005] Appeal of [HCLQ2003] Legality of Closed Local Council Elections - by Tsunamy - 08-20-2020, 11:00 PM