We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Re: TBH, OWL, and Commend Two Baggers

(12-07-2020, 01:24 PM)Omega Wrote: Glen, I am amenable to your case that letting people still socialize in TSP channels with TBHers could lead to them becoming sympathetic of a lifting of a proscription. Here's my issue with it: many of the people who would be amenable to such a cause are likely to be our cosmos who will be able to interact with TBH beyond TSP so I'm not sure it actually matter except on the smallest of margins.

I don't believe this would be the case at all. Those most susceptible to a "charm offensive" are not the cosmos of TSP, but the people who are only active in TSP. I realize many of you were not around when Empire was trying to subvert TSP, but this is the exact tactic they used then, which is why I don't buy the idea that allowing enemies to remain on any TSP property is acceptable. The people who fell for Empire's charm weren't the Gameplayers, but instead just regular TSPers who thought Dali and Neenee were so nice and cool they couldn't possibly be up to anything bad.

An incoherent and inconsistent security policy is a bad security policy. TSP's Discord is not an open chat room. It's a guild chat. In any other game, you don't allow your enemies in your chat. It's just that simple. The idea of a "regional proscription" (especially as the default) is an attempt to be nuanced about something that really doesn't need any nuance. It's borne of a TSP that was reluctant to enforce security measures at all. I'm skeptical that it should ever be used, and I think we would be safer, more secure, and better off converting all existing ones to full proscriptions and then doing away with this weird split-level nonsense altogether. I'll argue that in the Assembly if it ever comes up. But for now, if TBH is an enemy, it's time to treat them like an enemy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sandaoguo's post:
  • Omega

Messages In This Thread
RE: TBH, OWL, and Commend Two Baggers - by Roavin - 11-20-2020, 12:14 PM
RE: TBH, OWL, and Commend Two Baggers - by Roavin - 11-20-2020, 12:43 PM
RE: Re: TBH, OWL, and Commend Two Baggers - by sandaoguo - 12-07-2020, 05:22 PM