We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] Tunnel of Contest

Cornucopia System,
HMS Eternity

After three hours of travel through the wormhole they arrived back to the Cornucopia system. The Eternity had taken quite a beating. Her shields had taken the brunt of it and some railgun rounds had penetrated its armour. The damage control teams were already starting to work on her and were making good progress. Corvousier dreaded what just had happened, but lived with the decision he had to make and was relieved he didn't have to leave any fighters behind. Though the fears of survivors aboard those vessels lost. It was starting to look like the Velutarian War all over again and Corvousier didn't like it at all. As he regrouped with the Cornucopian Defence Fleet he called for all nearby ships to join and defend Cornucopia. He alerted Cornucopia's government and evacuation efforts had begun as well as fortifications. It was unsure what would come through that wormhole and how many of it or when. Though Corvousier suspected it will take the Venterrans at least a few days to group a large enough fleet to overrun their position. Corvousier called the Royal War Council on the new holographic technology the Treecuu had given them for the Joint Fleet. 

The King spoke up with his baritone voice as he appeared.

King Andrei: Grand Admiral Corvousier, report.

GA Corvousier: Your majesty, the Venterrans are still a mystery. They appear to have no interest in diplomatic talks and seem to be fiercely territorial. I suspect they will come through that wormhole eventually. I should also mentioned that they appeared to be Terran.

GA Harrington: What about their technology? How many ships did we lose?

GA Corvousier: We've lost 65, mostly destroyers. Their technology seem to be on the same level as us. They even use weaponry similar to our MAC cannons and plasma based weaponry. Perhaps if we pushed it, it could have been pyrrhic victory, but in uncharted territory it would be a foolish mistake.

King Andrei: I grant you that, but their lack for diplomacy, especially for a same species, is concerning. Would you say we have any chance?

GA Corvousier: None, Sir. I deeply regret to inform you, unless we reach out to other star nations. Though I fear we might not have the luxury of time.

GA Keyes: What about a defence of Cornucopia? How many ships have you been able to assemble? 

GA Corvousier: We should have 4.000 vessels in two days, with double in five. However we maintain a battle ready status and have already coordinated with planetary defence platforms. 

GM Zhukov: I see you're well armed, but what if you fail? Who will defend Cornucopia then? We can't expect them to hold out forever, we must send ground troops as well.

GM Raeth: What about Spartans? Shouldn't we deploy them pre-emptively? 

King Andrei: No, if this is to become a war of attrition we need an ace up our sleeves. However, we can't expect the ground troops to arrive there in time. I think we should start conscription on Cornucopia.

GM Ganowicz: Sir, but that is unprecedented. Congress will be in uproar about it!

King Andrei: And let Congress bicker around what to do while our people have already paid the price?! I will not allow another O'Conner government to diminish our war effort. 

The King made it clear that this was no time for pleasantries. The military was reforged for these circumstances and the civilian government would be too inefficient to oversee it. This was a matter best done by experts. Some members weren't too keen with the King's dismissal of Congress, but they knew he was right.

King Andrei: Gentlemen, this is a time for which MacArthur reforged the nation. We are the shield of the Stoinian Star Kingdom. It is up to us to show these Venterran scum what we're made of. Terran or not, they are the aggressor and we will defend our realm whatever the cost. I know it has become quite clear, but formalities state that I should ask you this question. The King votes in favour for a declaration for war against the Venterran Federation. What does the Royal War Council vote?

The Royal War Council voted unanimously in favour. Congress' vote would now be a formality since this was a defensive war and would serve as a reflection for the Stoinian people's willingness to fight. Corvousier further prepared the defensive perimeter around Cornucopia and just under 4.000 ships were ready to protect the planet at all cost. Meanwhile Governor Munteanu declared a state of emergency and enacted conscription laws. Most planetary government officials left the planet as well as most children and their mothers. The civilians vessels were overcramped and continuously left the planet to flee the system. Cornucopia was arming itself for what was to come, whatever it may be.
Pacifica: MyriaSallodesia, Stoinia • A1-0: Stoinian Star Kingdom • Aurora: Kingdom of Threnebor

Messages In This Thread
[IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-09-2021, 02:54 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-17-2021, 05:05 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-17-2021, 06:22 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-17-2021, 09:03 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-22-2021, 09:51 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 06-05-2021, 03:04 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 06-14-2021, 05:22 AM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 06-14-2021, 09:58 AM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 06-15-2021, 11:12 AM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 08-01-2021, 04:15 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 08-22-2021, 05:17 PM