We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] Tunnel of Contest

Battle of Cornucopia
H.M.S. Eternity

"Dammit, they aren't they the bait. Then we shall make them! Group Delta, initiate Alexander's Manoeuvre on my mark. Scatter in all direction, appear to be fleeing! 13th Flotilla follow suit and scatter before re-entering the battle, give them your best deception."

He looked again at the holomap. No, the Venterrans had taken too many defence platforms. He had to do something about it.

"All dreadnoughts, fire on the remaining and enemy defence platforms with our MAC rounds. We're not going to leave any of them to the Venterrans."

After a quick readjustment, the dreadnoughts began to pierce their own defence platforms. Even the ones where the losing fight was still fighting on. Most of these platforms had sustained heavy fire and their shields were no longer able to absorb the MAC rounds. A handful of them were destroyed or rendered useless. That's when Corvousier gave the order to initiate Alexander's Manoeuvre. Group Delta and the 13th Flotilla in Group Beta then jumped to FTL from the battle, scattering in all directions. They would return when Corvousier gave them the signal, but for now most Venterrans might think they were beginning to retreat. The shields of the northern space elevator were still up inhibiting any meaningful scanning. It was a perfect lure now for young Venterrans seeking glory to come after it and claim it for the Federation. However, when just enough ships would be near it, planetside controls would detonate it and taking all ships within 70 km with it.

Battle of Cornucopia,
Cornucopia Southern Spaceport

Captain Williams of the Marines fought alongside Major Harrison. He had joined him in the charge, but even they didn't expect for the Venterrans to use Stoinian spines against them. This war would be on a whole new level. That much was clear now. A Terran against Terran in the most brutalist forms of combat. Seeing the horrors and the tactical disadvantage Harrison argue with Williams. The halls were filled with the stains and stench of blood. Terran, Venterran, Mardakii and other xeno's blood mixed together forming pools on the Stoinian metal.

"Captain, we can't this position for long. We need to put some distance between us and the enemy."

"Sir, nearly the entire station is filled with these corridors. We need them to bleed for every inch."

"If I were a Marine I'd agree. But I'm from the 763rd EVA, once we have enough room to manoeuvre, we'll hit them hard. I suggest we fall back to cargo room a few corners back. There we can show them our speciality. Have your men stay near the eastern entrance. I have a plan in mind."

"Aye, Sir. On it!"

Both the Stoinian Marine and Army forces started to slowly retreat towards the cargo room, continuing to spray rounds after rounds. As they ordered their men to fall back, Harrison clicked on his comm to Station Command.

"Station Command, this is Springbok. Do you copy"

"Affirm Springbok. What's your status?"

"We're retreating towards cargo room B-234. The Venterrans are proving fiercer than thought. We'll make our stand in the cargo room, but I have an idea."

"Shoot it Springbok."

"My Company is equipped to fight in zero g environments. Can you divert the controls of cargo room B-234's grav plating to me?"

"B-234, confirm."

"Affirm, B-234. Is it possible?"

There wasn't a direct response and Harrison fired a few more rounds whilst retreating.

"Engineers are looking into it. I'll put you through to them."

"Affirm. While you're at it, monitor our location and close the blastdoors to give us some time to prepare."

"Affirm. We'll be looking at the cameras."

"Don't be afraid to cut a few of these blasted Mardakii with those doors. Springbok, out!"

Harrison then turned to his men who still were holding their ground.

"Fall back you sons of bitches! Fall back if you still wanna fly!"
Pacifica: MyriaSallodesia, Stoinia • A1-0: Stoinian Star Kingdom • Aurora: Kingdom of Threnebor

Messages In This Thread
[IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-09-2021, 02:54 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-17-2021, 05:05 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-17-2021, 06:22 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-17-2021, 09:03 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-22-2021, 09:51 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 06-05-2021, 03:04 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 06-14-2021, 05:22 AM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 06-14-2021, 09:58 AM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 06-15-2021, 11:12 AM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 08-01-2021, 04:15 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 08-22-2021, 05:17 PM