We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Luca for Minister of Propaganada: A Tale of Souls and Swords Eternally Retold

(06-05-2021, 07:00 PM)Purple Hyacinth Wrote: I like your campaign, Luca! It's my opinion that you are qualified for the job, but obviously (and you have admitted this yourself), you literally are not a staffer in MoE. An obvious question: what steps will you take to acquaint yourself with what is going on in the Ministry?

The same as one might become acquainted with the happenings of legislators without having been there before, I suppose: Read and talk to people. The rest remains to be seen. Although I'm aware through TSP records that it is not unheard of for a ministry to not have any candidates wish to stand for office, it's long been my position that whenever this situation occurs, it is a failure of the department and a situation in need of intervention. That is to say, there is only so much that can be said about the prospect of an outsider entering as minister when there are no alternative options.

All that we can do is the best we can.

(06-05-2021, 07:00 PM)Purple Hyacinth Wrote: How will you engage staffers?

How will I engage them? Well, I only have one mode of interacting with people, so if you've interacted with me before, that's what to expect.

(06-05-2021, 07:00 PM)Purple Hyacinth Wrote: What kind of leadership roles might you delegate to senior staffers/advisors/deputies?

So basically, when there's something to be done, what I'm used to is opening a discussion on the subject. What's the problem? What's to be done? What are the options? What are the hang ups? And a lot of times people have different ideas about how things could work, lot's of stuff that I probably haven't thought of. So, to me, when there are large infrastructure projects, it should be an interactive event talking about the issue, finding capable and interested people, and have them knock it out with whatever support they need. If it stops working out for them, or something in the situation changes, we can talk about the issue once again.

Arbitrary social hierarchies serve no productive purpose.

(06-05-2021, 07:00 PM)Purple Hyacinth Wrote: Will you continue Viet's regular(ish) updates on MoE projects? (you can find this in the MoE subforum)

If you are referring to the concept of changelogs, then yes I have a tendency to do such a thing, myself. Regular notifications of development updates are not only useful to keep people apprised of changes and hyped for new tools and features, but also to track your own work and self-assess your progression.

Beyond the main development thread, there looks to my eyes to be a lot of wasted effort in this subforum, with concocting pseudo-corporate board room style presentation of concepts with placeholder posts waiting endlessly for updates that will never arrive. There is zero need to be putting work and effort into those résumé padders when the same work could be applied to projects, directly, in areas that will actually get eyes.

(06-05-2021, 07:00 PM)Purple Hyacinth Wrote: the unified dispatch system? (link to the actual dispatches)
I am absolutely a firm believer in master dispatches with links to other vital areas of government and reference. Gameside players will be looking for these as the starting points for figuring out who we are and what's going on in our region, and this is the best way that we can reach those players immediately with the most important information. It's critical that all information in these dispatches and the links they point to contain relevant, timely, accurate, and up-to-date information for our players.

(06-05-2021, 07:00 PM)Purple Hyacinth Wrote: internal recruitment telegrams (some automated, some manual)?
I will review the details of the program and it's specific verbiage upon the start of the term. The primary function of NS is a nation sim, and that doesn't necessarily involve being a part of our community, so it's up to us to make the case and use the resource carefully to get in touch with the hesitant. Telegrams can be a useful way to reach citizens who may otherwise not feel comfortable investigating our larger community on their own, but it only takes a few to overwhelm them and suggest to the player that they should block all of them permanently.

(06-05-2021, 07:00 PM)Purple Hyacinth Wrote: the Wiki project, mainly to update non-roleplay articles? (link to the Wiki)
Yes, I'm also aware of the Wiki, and I've been considering for several days and have yet to determine why in the world this is under the purview of the Ministry of Engagement. The mission of MoE is outreach, engagement, standards, and infrastructure.

Media publication, chronology and journalism, fall in my opinion squarely within the legal outline of the Ministry of Media. This is a topic I would be keen to discuss with the incoming minister of that department.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Luca's post:
  • Stan Melix

Messages In This Thread
RE: Luca for Minister of Propaganada: A Tale of Souls and Swords Eternally Retold - by Luca - 06-05-2021, 09:45 PM