We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

WS for Prime Minister!

Hi HS - thanks for the questions.

With regard to your question about TNP, I’ve been deliberately staying out of it thus far because I was extremely upset in the moment. For those who don’t know, I’m the one that started this by initiating defenses of TNP quorum raids. I value our relationship with TNP but our regions’ goals and values have increasingly drifted apart. If we can’t reach an agreement, then it’s a sign that we may need to look at updating the treaty in order to account for situations like this. It already may need that. I certainly am not in favor of scrapping the Aurora Alliance, but we need to take a hard look at the treaty and figure out if it accurately represents our relationship and the way it’s evolved over the last few years.

To answer your second question, “platform” may have been a bit of sloppy word choice on my behalf. What I envision in the long term is a deepening of the ties between the PFS member regions that goes beyond just the WA. We are a cohort of regions with shared commitments to sovereignty and self-determination. By and large we all approach defending in similar ways. It shouldn’t just be a WA or military thing - it should have its place in all our ministries, if that makes sense. I want to look at ways for the Partnership to expand and diversify its reach in the communities of its member regions. I know that might sound a bit nebulous but that’s because I’m not up to speed on the Partnership atm and I’m not briefed on what plans are right now, because I’m not a member of the delegation.

A bit of word vomit because I wasn’t sure I explained things correctly, but I hope that answers your questions HS. Thanks as always ^_^

Witchcraft and Sorcery

Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense. Formerly many things in other regions. Defender. Ideologue. he/they.
[-] The following 2 users Like Witchcraft and Sorcery's post:
  • Moon, Stan Melix

Messages In This Thread
RE: WS for Prime Minister! - by HumanSanity - 06-05-2021, 04:18 PM
RE: WS for Prime Minister! - by Witchcraft and Sorcery - 06-06-2021, 03:18 AM
RE: WS for Prime Minister! - by Purple Hyacinth - 06-06-2021, 01:03 PM
RE: WS for Prime Minister! - by Jay Coop - 06-06-2021, 04:20 PM