We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Discord discussion re OWL + talk more here

(07-12-2021, 11:29 PM)Jay Coop Wrote: I think we should also consider returning to a forum-based OWL because the disadvantage associated with the RMB method is cluttering, and I believe that is a major reason why there is little discussion on WA proposals. It is rather easy for arguments to get lost in votes or just publish one's vote with an argument and leaving it at that.

When the proposals are published forumside, they are done so thread-by-thread, reducing the clutter and giving people a clear space to argue proposals. Furthermore, conducting forumside votes and discussion increases reliance on the forum and leaves a better-organized paper trail of previous votes and discussion.
I personally am highly persuaded by this but I know there’s a strong belief that what makes OWL unique is its on-site format. I’d honestly be interested in an informal poll on the forum (or even via OWL) about how important on-site voting is for people (and/or if they’d even prefer off-site voting or a combination) because while I personally find forums easy to use and conducive to conversation, I know that’s not a universal thought process nor does it necessarily serve our cultural prioritization of on-site input.
Minister of Foreign Affairs
General of the South Pacific Special Forces
Ambassador to Balder
Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense

[Image: rank_general.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_3.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg]

[Image: ykXEqbU.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes HumanSanity's post:
  • Moon

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discord discussion re OWL + talk more here - by HumanSanity - 07-13-2021, 12:33 AM