We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Assembly Discussion on OWL Reform

I fail to see how making OWL a ministry is a solution to anything other than the lack of direct voter accountability. If we want to solve OWL’s issues than we need to talk about what OWL does and what exactly is lacking.

If we want to make OWL a ministry then let’s be honest about it. That’s a legitimate discussion. But it feels intellectually dishonest to claim that making OWL a ministry will solve things when, other than how the leader is selected, the core of the institution remains the same.

I know we pride ourselves of being the democratic region, but voter accountability isn’t a cure-all.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
[-] The following 2 users Like Kris Kringle's post:
  • Belschaft, Bleakfoot

Messages In This Thread
RE: Assembly Discussion on OWL Reform - by Luca - 08-22-2021, 09:59 PM
RE: Assembly Discussion on OWL Reform - by Roavin - 08-23-2021, 10:04 AM
RE: Assembly Discussion on OWL Reform - by Kris Kringle - 08-23-2021, 05:42 PM