We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] [Cabinet] Nomination of anjo to Legislator Committee

PRESS RELEASE

[Image: v1Wgfs1.png]

Nomination of anjo to Legislator Committee

2 January 2022

Fellow South Pacificans,

Recently, there have been challenges with timely processing of Legislator applications by the Legislator Committee, which were highlighted in this Assembly discussion thread. Reasons cited by the Legislator Committee for the backlog included lack of available LegComm members. Subsequently, LegComm accepted open applications for new members of the Legislator Committee with intent to recommend a new member to the Cabinet for nomination.

The Cabinet is pleased to announce @anjo as our nominee to join the Legislator Committee. @anjo has government experience in the South Pacific, having served in the past as OWL Director and currently beginning his second term as Chair of the Assembly. In these positions, anjo has been consistently active on a daily basis and has demonstrated punctuality, discretion, and professionalism in handling procedural matters. Given the current issues in LegComm related to prompt handling of applications, anjo is an ideal candidate to fill the current vacancy.

One concern may be about anjo's lack of Gameplay/FA knowledge, and therefore that anjo may not be fully ready for some of the security tasks of LegComm. However, LegComm is currently well-staffed in terms of Gameplay/Security knowledge with Roavin, Nakari, and Witchcraft & Sorcery on its roster. Additionally, anjo does stay aware of the broader gameplay landscape as a TSP Ambassador and has expressed a willingness to learn more. Another concern, perhaps, is a conflict of interest with the role of Chair, however this question has been addressed previously when Nakari was elected Chair while also a member of the Legislator Committee and served the duration of her term as Chair while a member of the Legislator Committee. Additionally, there are few specific scenarios where the duty of admitting legislators would conflict with the duty of the Chair.

Chair, with the power vested in me as Prime Minister of the Coalition, I declare that the Cabinet has in good faith appointed anjo to serve as member of the Legislator Committee in accordance with per Article 1, Section 2 of the Legislator Committee Act, and request that the corresponding Assembly procedure is initiated.

Faithfully yours,
Prime Minister HumanSanity
on behalf of the Cabinet

[Image: AgbOHUt.png]

[-] The following 5 users Like HumanSanity's post:
  • Arvan Irawer, Moon, Purple Hyacinth, Quebecshire, Rebeltopia

I would like to clarify in advance that any Assembly procedure relating to this appointment will naturally be presided over by my Deputy Chair, due to the obvious Conflict of Interest that would exist were I to conduct the procedure myself.
[Image: koC8Gf6.png]
[Image: Sl6mZCD.png] [Image: iEwICrf.png] [Image: IL1nUV5.png] [Image: RLU6NBO.png] [Image: MbXQuqv.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like anjo's post:
  • HumanSanity, The Haughtherlands

Do you mean that you aren't going to add a few extra votes while tallying the results to shore up and assure your appointment???

how ethical Wink
-Griffindor/Ebonhand
-Current Roles/Positions
-Legislator 2/24/20-
-High Court Justice 6/7/20-
-South Pacific Coral Guard 11/17/20-
-Minister of Engagement 6/17/22-

-Past Roles/Positions
-Legislator 7/3/16-4/10/18
-Secretary of State 4/3/20-2/24/21

-Chair of the APC 9/24/16-5/31/17
-Vice-Chair of the APC 6/1/17-4/10/18
-Local Council Member 7/1/17-11/17/17
-Citizen 5/2012-12/2014 and  2/26/16-7/3/2016
[-] The following 2 users Like Griffindor's post:
  • Amerion, The Haughtherlands

(01-04-2022, 07:29 PM)Griffindor Wrote: Do you mean that you aren't going to add a few extra votes while tallying the results to shore up and assure your appointment???

how ethical Wink

I know right ~ what a rookie Devil
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amerion's post:
  • The Haughtherlands

Who said that I haven't threatened to fire Cryo (lol) if they don't do it for me? It's all part of a big scheme I can hide behind and feign righteousness!
[Image: koC8Gf6.png]
[Image: Sl6mZCD.png] [Image: iEwICrf.png] [Image: IL1nUV5.png] [Image: RLU6NBO.png] [Image: MbXQuqv.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes anjo's post:
  • The Haughtherlands

With more than seventy two hours passed, I motion to move the nomination to a vote.

I second the motion
MoC Senior Staff
Theme Thursday winner x2

This is now at vote.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Haughtherlands's post:
  • HumanSanity

This has passed.