We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Penguin 22

Good Time Of Day to you Folks! 
 If you don’t know me, I am Penguin(Pies). My CoI is attached but I have been around here for a bit.
 I know some of you are wondering how I can live up to the Greatness that is Amerion, and I can’t. I won’t even pretend. He is amazing and he knows it. He had a lot of great ideas I would love to continue if elected. Endo Days being one of them.  
I do have plans to work with the MoE to continue those and with other Ministers to do more cross -over activities. Those will be Minister dependent though as I can’t and won’t do everything. 
   But I think that I am pretty cool too. 
 The biggest question though that I feel is going to come through will be about OWL and WA.
Now I admit that I am not the greatest or uptodatest with the goings on of the World Assembly. I have faith in OWL and am confident that they know what they are doing.   

I have always been one to keep things simple and while I won’t be taking a les e fair attitude, I will also not be a totalitarian. We have a pretty rockin’ system in place and I will not be rocking the boat. I simply want to make TSP the best version of itself that It can be. 

This is kept simple to allow for questions. I am willing to work with most and take suggestions from All. That is the role of Delegate to me. Act in the best interest of TSP while working with those who call her home.

- Also there will be PIE EVERY MONTH. - Do not ask questions. Do Not disagree. Accept that PIE is Life.

COI for TSP
Current Member of Leg Comm
Current Member of CRS
Current Member of Moderation
Mentor in the AMP
Interim RA  
One Term LC Member 

I have been in TSP alone since I was founded almost 10 years ago. (National day is coming up in March -St. Patrick’s Day I think) . I have held the offices of MoFA, MoRA, as a  General in SPSF under Drugged Monkeys like 4 name changes ago. I had an Interesting run as a GM for a bit. Was in the CSS back when that was a thing. I have been Dean of TSPU in 3 reboots (and currently too I guess when I get it back off the ground!)  I was Vice Delegate under Tsu for a term. (Please don’t ask for dates as I have no idea. Suffice to say they were mostly prior to 2016.) I am pretty sure that is everything. If you have something I missed please let me know!
This is Penguin!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay
Penguins shall one day rule the pie!
And by "pie", I mean "World"!!
Goddess Empress Queen Princess Lady of TSP 
Lilium Inter Spinas // Non timebo mala
I have done a lot of things in the Region in my History.
There's a list somewhere if you wanna go looking. 
[-] The following 4 users Like Penguin's post:
  • Encaitar, Murelia, USoVietnam, Witchcraft and Sorcery

pen4del

Consider that an endorsement.

It’s about damn time.

Witchcraft and Sorcery

Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense. Formerly many things in other regions. Defender. Ideologue. he/they.

In the past, you've been one of the least endorsed members of the Council on Regional Security. How will you change your endorsement trading practices to secure the in-game Delegacy and maintain high endorsement counts throughout your term? Your endorsement count relative to other CRS members seems to have jumped recently, was that due to you already having changed your practices and, if so, how?

How do you conceive of the role of the Delegate as a head of state of the region? Beyond holding the in-game Delegate seat and responsibilities under the Charter and relevant laws, what responsibilities does this impose in terms of how you engage with the region?

As Delegate, how would you work with the Local Council to promote activity on the gameside and coordinate gameside activities and promotion with the Cabinet?

What is your availability often like to vote at major and minor update on important WA resolutions? How familiar are you with OWL's voting and recommendation process?
Minister of Foreign Affairs
General of the South Pacific Special Forces
Ambassador to Balder
Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense

[Image: rank_general.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_3.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg]

[Image: ykXEqbU.png]

(01-03-2022, 08:19 PM)HumanSanity Wrote: In the past, you've been one of the least endorsed members of the Council on Regional Security. How will you change your endorsement trading practices to secure the in-game Delegacy and maintain high endorsement counts throughout your term? Your endorsement count relative to other CRS members seems to have jumped recently, was that due to you already having changed your practices and, if so, how?

How do you conceive of the role of the Delegate as a head of state of the region? Beyond holding the in-game Delegate seat and responsibilities under the Charter and relevant laws, what responsibilities does this impose in terms of how you engage with the region?

As Delegate, how would you work with the Local Council to promote activity on the gameside and coordinate gameside activities and promotion with the Cabinet?

What is your availability often like to vote at major and minor update on important WA resolutions? How familiar are you with OWL's voting and recommendation process?

I make it a point to do my best to endo every M-F some times I'll miss a day or two but I do make sure it is once a week at minimum. This past week? I sent out 430 individual TGs to people who have not yet endorsed me. It seems to be working this time.  I have said this before but I have gotten a number of responses for people not endo'ing me due to my nation stats (which tend to be severely harsh) , or my nation name (which peeps think is "immature"). I can't change their opinions and I won't be changing how I play My nation,  I can try to get them to take the Endo'ing system serious. The TGs were really the only thing I have done differently in a while. 

I already interact on the RMB but I think working with the LC is just as important as working with the Cabinet. We are all TSP no matter where we spend the most time. I would look at the Delegate role as like The Queen but that is Blasphemy so I will say it should be with Style and Grace and Flair. So a combination of so many wonderful Ladies.  

I can make both as they are noon and midnight for me. 

I think that is everything?
This is Penguin!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay

What happened to Penguin 1-21?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kris Kringle's post:
  • anjo

(01-03-2022, 02:59 PM)Penguin Wrote: Now I admit that I am not the greatest or uptodatest with the goings on of the World Assembly. I have faith in OWL and am confident that they know what they are doing.   

How will you, as Delegate, interact with OWL?
[Image: AfI6yZX.png]
Aumeltopia ~

[Image: fKnK6O4.png]
Auphelia Wrote:Raccoons are bandits! First they steal your food . . .
and then your heart/identity!

If elected, will you commit to couping the region serving with grace and dignity?
-Griffindor/Ebonhand
-Current Roles/Positions
-Legislator 2/24/20-
-High Court Justice 6/7/20-
-South Pacific Coral Guard 11/17/20-
-Minister of Engagement 6/17/22-

-Past Roles/Positions
-Legislator 7/3/16-4/10/18
-Secretary of State 4/3/20-2/24/21

-Chair of the APC 9/24/16-5/31/17
-Vice-Chair of the APC 6/1/17-4/10/18
-Local Council Member 7/1/17-11/17/17
-Citizen 5/2012-12/2014 and  2/26/16-7/3/2016

(01-04-2022, 03:26 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: What happened to Penguin 1-21?

We don't talk about that...... Have a slice of Pie dear....

(01-04-2022, 06:14 PM)Somyrion Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 02:59 PM)Penguin Wrote: Now I admit that I am not the greatest or uptodatest with the goings on of the World Assembly. I have faith in OWL and am confident that they know what they are doing.   

How will you, as Delegate, interact with OWL?

Daily check ins really. I trust that the team who run the joint know what they are doing and can advise on matters. It is not my place to tell them how to run their department, just to listen and learn. 

(01-04-2022, 07:40 PM)Griffindor Wrote: If elected, will you commit to couping the region serving with grace and dignity?

I do everything with Grace and Dignity. I will not commit to couping the region at this time as if you put it into writing that is premeditation.  therefore my reign will be like Barbie meets Xena meets Hermione = Basically Miss Universe.
This is Penguin!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay

Can you commit to making yourself available at 12am/12pm EST to stomp or stack important WA resolutions in order to maximize the impact of TSP's vote? What does your schedule around those times typically look like?
[Image: AfI6yZX.png]
Aumeltopia ~

[Image: fKnK6O4.png]
Auphelia Wrote:Raccoons are bandits! First they steal your food . . .
and then your heart/identity!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Somyrion's post:
  • USoVietnam

(01-06-2022, 09:59 PM)Somyrion Wrote: Can you commit to making yourself available at 12am/12pm EST to stomp or stack important WA resolutions in order to maximize the impact of TSP's vote? What does your schedule around those times typically look like?
Yup - I’m at the point in my life currently where I make my own schedule so I can do what I want as long as I know that I needed
This is Penguin!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay