We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Resignation as Chair

Fellow legislators,

As seems to be in fashion at the moment, RL just took an unexpected turn for me. Basically, I now have to assist in a large and time-consuming move, which will most likely have me occupied for at least a month ‒ after which my term as Chair would be almost or completely over ‒ and thus I'm not sure I'll be able to properly fulfil the duties for which I have been elected, including finishing my planned projects. Last year, I tried to remain OWL Director in a similar no-time-for-the-office situation and more or less ran OWL into the ground with it, and I definitely don't want to repeat that mistake.

As such, and I'm very sorry to our poor EC @Kris Kringle for this, I am resigning as Chair of the Assembly with immediate effect. I'll remain on LegComm and the Coral Guard for now, as those are multi-member bodies which don't solely rely on me for functioning, but should I recognize that my time shortage hurts them too much as well, I'll resign those roles too. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in office and thank the Assembly for having entrusted me with the job twice ‒ I also do have a project from this term I'll try to finish and present to the Assembly in an unofficial capacity once I'm free again.

~ anjo
[Image: koC8Gf6.png]
[Image: Sl6mZCD.png] [Image: iEwICrf.png] [Image: IL1nUV5.png] [Image: RLU6NBO.png] [Image: MbXQuqv.png]
[-] The following 7 users Like anjo's post:
  • BlockBuster2K43, HumanSanity, im_a_waffle1, philipmacaroni, Purple Hyacinth, Quebecshire, Wizard Ferret

Thank you for your efficient, consistent, and punctual stewardship of the office of Chair. I appreciate all your hard work.
Minister of Foreign Affairs
General of the South Pacific Special Forces
Ambassador to Balder
Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense

[Image: rank_general.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_3.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg]

[Image: ykXEqbU.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like HumanSanity's post:
  • anjo, Quebecshire, The Haughtherlands

Thank you for your service!
[-] The following 1 user Likes philipmacaroni's post:
  • anjo