We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Griffindor as your MoE? I'll take it!

Howdy, my fellow South Pacifians,

Whether you are friends, rivals, fish, ladies, gentlemen, Apache attack helicopters, or Belschaft, I invite you all to read this short campaign.

As you can see, I am running for Minister of Engagement. I was/still am abysmally awful at making my posts colorful and fun to look at, so I just won't!

Despite being in NS/TSP for roughly 10 years total, and 6 years concurrently thus far, I have never actually been elected to a position within TSP. Well, unless you count me being elected Chair (and Vice-Chair) of the APC that is. Tounge

Never being elected makes me inexperienced in the ways of executive governance, just like many other newer arrivals to the region wishing to seek election. However, what sets me apart is that I have always been watching from the background and am aware of the mistakes and triumphs that have been made in the past.

Now on to the campaign part of this campaign.

Article VI, Section 9 of the Charter gives the Minister of Engagement the following mandate:

(9) The Minister of Engagement will be responsible for recruiting and integrating new players into the Coalition's government and community, maintaining public infrastructure such as dispatches and other guides, setting unified presentation standards, and providing graphics to the government and citizens of the Coalition.

The objectives of the mandate are:
  • Recruiting and integrating new players
  • Maintaining public infrastructure
  • Setting unified presentation standards
  • Providing graphics
I believe that should I be elected Minister of Engagement, I will be able to lead the Ministry of Engagement into the completion and continued progress of these mandates.

As the Coalition enters a rather uncertain time with a potential Great Council having the opportunity to make great changes to the framework of the government. My function, as Minister, would be to ensure that new players are aware of the changes being made and the opportunity they have to impact change. I will also work hand-in-hand with the Ministry/Minister of Media (and private media) to keep the region informed on the progress made during the potential Great Council.

Lastly, I will assist the next Prime Minister and the other Cabinet Ministers in collectively running the executive government. Governance doesn't stop when a Great Council could be in session. We do have to maintain our image, don't we?

This more or less sums up my aims in the upcoming term, I will now take any questions that anyone might have.

Oh! I almost forgot my Conflict of Interest disclosure.

My signature has all the relevant South Pacific details, but will provide them below:

-Griffindor/Ebonhand

-Current Roles/Positions
-Legislator 2/24/20-
-High Court Justice 6/7/20-
-South Pacific Coral Guard 11/17/20-

-Past Roles/Positions
-Legislator 7/3/16-4/10/18
-Secretary of State 4/3/20-2/24/21
-Chair of the APC 9/24/16-5/31/17
-Vice-Chair of the APC 6/1/17-4/10/18
-Local Council Member 7/1/17-11/17/17
-Citizen 5/2012-12/2014 and  2/26/16-7/3/2016

As far as being abroad, from 2018-2020 I spent time in Balder, was Minister of World Assembly Affairs there for over a year, and also spent my latter months there as Lawspeaker/Talman (Chair) of the Balder Storting/Odelsting (Assembly) before being banned for "attempting to overthrow the King" (really it was democratizing the region, but they didn't like that either). Since then, some slow progress has been made there, so that is a good step, I guess.

In any case, now I conclude my campaign!
-Griffindor/Ebonhand
-Current Roles/Positions
-Legislator 2/24/20-
-Minister of Engagement 6/17/22-

-Past Roles/Positions

-Citizen 5/2012-12/2014 and  2/26/16-7/3/2016
[-] The following 3 users Like Griffindor's post:
  • A bee, Quebecshire, The Haughtherlands

There are a lot of projects in the MoE that are unfinished or have stagnated as a result of lack of ministry activity. As someone who would love to help work on these projects, I would like to know how you would handle these additional projects, or if you would just scrap them all-together.
"After he realizes this newfound power of his to override the hopes and dreams of republicans, he puts all of the united provinces under his control."
one time minister of culture

[Image: rank_trainee.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_1.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_2.min.svg]

(06-06-2022, 09:54 AM)im_a_waffle1 Wrote: There are a lot of projects in the MoE that are unfinished or have stagnated as a result of lack of ministry activity. As someone who would love to help work on these projects, I would like to know how you would handle these additional projects, or if you would just scrap them all-together.

The card program is the only one that has a plan and hasn't been finished yet. I would recommend any future MoE to just spin this off into its own thing. The rest of the projects are pretty much on maintenance mode and automated to the point there is no need for personnel to operate them except for discord outreach and graphics.

Question for the candidate: The ministry does not yet has a recruitment strategy/marketing plan for present and future leaders to refer to. Do you have any plan for something like this? We have been focused too much on infrastructure and with most of them done we need to steer the way into actual recruitment and engagement work.
Chief Supervising Armchair

(06-06-2022, 09:54 AM)im_a_waffle1 Wrote: There are a lot of projects in the MoE that are unfinished or have stagnated as a result of lack of ministry activity. As someone who would love to help work on these projects, I would like to know how you would handle these additional projects, or if you would just scrap them all-together.

Thank you for the question, following up a bit more on what Viet said, on day one, I plan on taking roll calls on all active members (per usual) and evaluating the ongoing projects in the ministry. From what I have been briefed on in the Assembly over the last several months, most of the ministry runs itself and requires only a little bit of intervention or assistance. I plan to keep it that way. That being said, if a project has not had enough internal support to continue operating, I won't hesitate to cancel it (perhaps after asking if anyone wants to join the ministry to help run the project). I do intend (as part of the roll call) to find out what I as the minister can do to assist the members of the ministry in achieving desirable outcomes.
(06-06-2022, 02:10 PM)USoVietnam Wrote: Question for the candidate: The ministry does not yet has a recruitment strategy/marketing plan for present and future leaders to refer to. Do you have any plan for something like this? We have been focused too much on infrastructure and with most of them done we need to steer the way into actual recruitment and engagement work.

I definitely would like to make sure that before I leave, a program for recruiting members into the ministry is fleshed out. This could be part of my general engagement and recruitment of new region members too. Building infrastructure is half the battle, and having people run the infrastructure is the next logical step.
-Griffindor/Ebonhand
-Current Roles/Positions
-Legislator 2/24/20-
-Minister of Engagement 6/17/22-

-Past Roles/Positions