We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Assembly Resolution - 09/03/2015

Assembly Resolution
09/03/2015

Noting the extenuating circumstances regarding the timing of the special Local Council elections -- their proximity to the general elections and The South Pacific’s participation in the Tournament of Allies (which requires the use of regional polls),

Acknowledging the precedent set by “Assembly Resolution on the December 2014 High Court Elections” (2014-11-14) which cancelled judicial elections due to extenuating circumstances regarding the close proximity of a special election with a regularly scheduled justice election,

HEREBY:

1. Delays the special Local Council elections until April 09 2015 at which time said special elections shall commence notwithstanding usual procedure. 
2. Cancels the regular Local Council elections scheduled for June 2015.

Noting this election is meant to start today, do we have an Election Commissioner lined up?

Yes. We just need to confirm some last minute details before opening nominations.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Thanks, was fairly sure the administrators would be on top of it. Good to see it has started now.

I do still think this whole local council will be a bit of a failure due to the need for citizenship, however I hope I am wrong. Guess we will see soon enough.