We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Recall of Prefessor Henn

Good evening citizens of The South Pacific. I would like to bring to your attention something which bugged me ever since I discovered it. Earlier today (June 23rd), ProfessorHenn approached me in a query over IRC. We started conversing, mainly talking about the upcoming elections. Earlier Henn had been told that I was going to be running on a joint ticket for Del/Vice del with a partner (whom I'm not planning on revealing at this point in time). Henn spoke of how he needed that partner to run for the position of MoFA, so that he would be able to keep Glen-Rhodes out of office. Henn was very adamant about this, and resorted to trying to make a deal with myself to achieve this. He offered me the chance to run as his Vice Delegate in the upcoming July elections, and then later offered me a position on the Commitee for State Security if he won.

It is my firm belief that a member of the Cabinet should not resort to using such backdoor politics to achieve his ends. It has been shown in the past that this fine region of ours does not approve of using backdoor politics either; as both Belschaft and God-Emperor were recalled from their positions for partaking in Operation Brave Little Toaster, a backdoor attempt to oust specific members of The South Pacific.

As such, I would like to initiate a Recall of ProfessorHenn from his position as Minister of the Army. The logs can be found below.

To avoid confusion, Deputy Delegate is an old joke name referring to the Vice Delegate.

This next part is to Henn specifically:

Henn, I'm sorry things had to turn out this way between us. I know that you'll hold a grudge about this for a long time, and that things will probably never improve between us. For that, I apologize. You aren't a bad person, it's just that your corrupt backdoor politics have no place in TSP. As such, I do not regret posting this recall.

The name is ProfessorHenn.

And a simply one on one private conversation before an election on strategy leading up to an election does not a conspiracy make. It makes a disagreement between two people. This is a region that allows campaigning during elections AFTER you voted to get you to change it for crying out loud. TSP Delegates have gone nuts from the politics. Welcome to the big leagues. I don't see how this effects his job as MoA, Henn has got the SPSF moving and that coversation has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with that. I don't see this as necessary.

Well now, this was all just a misunderstanding! I thought Deputy Delegate was a ceremonial position, with it mainly acting as a consultant! While you're a good Vice Delegate, I have already picked my own and I do intend to keep them with me. Plus, you were a CSS member before, with lots of experience behind you! I just wanted you to get back up there and do the job you were granted before. One notable case is that of Southern Bellz, who left the CSS for personal reasons, but came back and was re-granted CSS membership! I'm sorry I made this mistake of mixing up names. It won't happen again, and I hope that this clears things up.

Regardless of how this ends, I do think it's distasteful to promise anybody a position in the CSS as the result of a successful election. Who is in the CSS should be based on merit, not patronage. Really, patronage is the kind of stuff that has ruined so many other regions.

(06-24-2015, 02:19 PM)Sandaoguo Wrote: Regardless of how this ends, I do think it's distasteful to promise anybody a position in the CSS as the result of a successful election. Who is in the CSS should be based on merit, not patronage. Really, patronage is the kind of stuff that has ruined so many other regions.

Indeed, but he's already proved his merit by being accepted once before. Like mentioned before, this case is a little similar to Southern Bellz, who was accepted to the CSS, left it for personal reasons, then re-applied and was accepted. The main difference with Arbiter is that he wasn't active from the start due to a tractorial incident.

An argument can be made that Arbiter has the merits for being in the CSS. That's not the consideration being made in that conversation. The CSS position was offered as a quid pro quo for Arbiter getting Mystery Person to run for and win MoFA.

I would have nominated him regardless. The situational context makes it seem like I wouldn't have done it otherwise, but I was never given that opportunity to explain otherwise.

~Professor Henn, Hardcore Leftist, Totally not a Dinosaur

You still did offer me the position of Deputy Delegate if I got redacted as your MoFA (And apparently lied about that, as you stated at the very end of our conversation). Either way you still were trying to bribe me with positions.

Hoo boy, here comes the big controversy of the summer we've all been waiting for...
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."