We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Map of Sector A1-0

Map of Sector A1-0

This is the map for the sci-fi canon of the South Pacific set in Sector A1-0, for your nationbuilding and roleplaying needs.

[Image: L0wINQR.png]
Sector A1-0 (click to enlarge). Updated 2022-09-06.

Sector A1-0 and the sci-fi canon world
The map shows a portion of the Lampshade Galaxy where all official sci-fi canon roleplays take place. Canon roleplay is limited to this specific area (meaning we don't normally interact with the rest of the galaxy). Scroll further down for more information about the galaxy.

Legend
[Image: Repec2W.png]
Legend.

Sector Map A1-0 is 2,000 light-years (ly) wide, 1,800 ly high and we assume a 100 ly-depth*. This means** that within this sector, there is a of maximum
  • 32,000 stars/plot (and 1,080,000 in total)
  • 32,000 planets/plot (and 1,080,000 in total)
  • 6,300 planets/plot that might support life
  • 50 planets/plot with intelligent communicative life that have developed independently

Map features
  • The borders are moveable (according to agreements between players).
  • Plots may be merged (according to agreements between players) or split.
  • The map can be expanded to include additional plots or sectors in the future.
  • You may customise your plot by, see the sample claim belwo.
  • Other "phenomena", like the black holes or the badlands, may also be added.

New Player...?
...and you want to start roleplaying? First of all: Welcome! A good way of getting involved is to claim a plot and found your own nation. How? Find below the claiming rules, the claiming template and a sample claim. It is also recommended that you read the Getting Started Guide for some useful roleplaying tips and community rules.

Map rules
  • One plot per player
  • Keep customisation limited and relevant (so that the most important stuff fits in your plot)
  • Nations that belong to players that haven't been active for over one month will be removed (exceptions are made for nations that have made a lasting impact on the A1-0 canon and for players that specifically ask to keep their plots)

How to make a claim
Copy the form found inside the code box below and fill it out, and then post it in this thread. If your post receives a like from the map manager (currently @Qwert) within a few days it means everything is OK. Remember to check the thread after you've posted your claim to see if there's information concerning your claim and to fulfil the activity requirement.

Code:
[b]Number of desired plot:[/b][b]Name of plot:[/b][b]Capital:[/b] [a planet/moon/station/etc, capital Latin letters please]
[b]Location of capital:[/b][b]Customization:[/b] [planets/stations/etc]

Note: this thread was formerly used as a general discussion thread about establishing the A1-0 sci-fi canon.

Number of desired plot: 07
Name of plot: Ryccian Empire
Capital: Daonlathas (Planet in the star of Daonlathas, wherever you wish)
Location of capital: Wherever you wish
Customization: None at the moment
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Number of desired plot: 18
Name of plot: Atlantic-Nuclearian Federation (ANF)
Capital: Nuklea (Planet)
Location of capital: see map
Customization: see map (some of the space stations/outposts will get varying names later, depending on which civilizations will border the ANF)

Map:
[Image: 1qH4RN5.png]

Apart from that: A proposal to discuss!

To make it easier for us to connect the canon modern-tech rp of Pacifica and this non-canon future-tech rp (for those that want to do that, e.g. me), I'd propose, that one of the badlands contains the planet Pacifica is located on. Maybe there was some catastrophe, that made it inevitable for the nations that were able to build spaceships to leave Pacifica and build themselves a new kind of civilization somewhere in space. We could maybe talk about the details later, if necessary.
Anyway I just wanted to propose something, that makes it possible to somehow connect the canon and non-canon rp for those people, who want to do this.

EDIT (since Res claimed Plot 11):
Because Tular borders the ANF, "Outpost Dåg" is called "Tular Outpost". 
The "Treecu Outpost of the ANF" can also get named only "Treecu Outpost" :3
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

Number of desired plot: 28
Name of plot: Kojipa
Capital: Koji (moon)
Location of capital: At the extreme southeast
Customization:
-Reina, Space station in the farthest north of the plot.
-Haduona, Space station in the farthest western area of the plot.
-Garei, planet roughly in the center of the plot.
-Qulai, planet to the north of the Garei, in the center of the northern expanse.
Unity, Order, and Freedom
-Motto of the Republic of Ubesii
The Ever Silent and Anxious Kiwi(Bird) of The South Pacific

Number of desired plot: 26
Name of plot: The Eternal Universal Federation of Elena, Solana, Clea, Luna and Nova
Capital: Luna
Location of capital: Center
Customization: I'll make a map later on
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

Number of desired plot: 11
Name of plot: Tular Republic
Capital: [Desert World] Ulma'Kasak
Location of capital: Ulma'Rak, Bright Blue star next to 11 marker
Customization: [planets/stations/etc]
Alum'Fasak, Planet, Southern Border, Western star of the Trio Star Cluster
Ulim'Masak, Planet, Middle of Northern Sector
Belu'Ma Nebula Observatory Station, Top of Northern Sector next to "Badlands" Nebula
Bela'Fisik Central Operations Command Station, bump in middle of sector, near 12 & 13 Borders
Belu'Malan Nebula Observatory Station, Near Southern "Badlands" area

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
An eye for an eye just makes the whole world go blind.
~Mahatma Gandhi

Map updated!

Thoughts about tech level and rules, anyone?
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

I copy and paste my proposal I did in my claim post here: 
Quote:To make it easier for us to connect the canon modern-tech rp of Pacifica and this non-canon future-tech rp (for those that want to do that, e.g. me), I'd propose, that one of the badlands contains the planet Pacifica is located on. Maybe there was some catastrophe, that made it inevitable for the nations that were able to build spaceships to leave Pacifica and build themselves a new kind of civilization somewhere in space. We could maybe talk about the details later, if necessary.
Anyway I just wanted to propose something, that makes it possible to somehow connect the canon and non-canon rp for those people, who want to do this.

On tech level and rules:
We shouldn't be gods, but I think that's clear. Now I don't know, which crazy ideas could come from you all, that should be forbidden. Maybe: You can't create a star, just to let an habitable planet of your enemy die out. And maybe weapons, that can destroy planets or star systems in an instant should be forbidden too, even if our tech level might make them possible to build.
Everyone can travel at least at light speed and.....yeah. I haven't read many FT-rps yet, so like I said, I can't think of anything else crazy yet, that shouldn't be allowed ^^

Travelling faster than light
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

I'm all about not making us gods, but I do feel that Superweapons do have the wonderful act of making great plot centers and narritive items There should be limits on *what* we can actually do with them, but, I don't think we should end them outright. Only major thing I disagree on.

As for FTL, we have quite a few options, like Wormholes, Hyperspace(aka generic unexplained FTL usually), Warp, etc. Personally, I'd like something like the Mass Effect from Mass Effect. I forget how well explained it is, but, it is used singularly to justify most/all of the sci-fi tech in the universe, from FTL to Artificial Gravity.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
An eye for an eye just makes the whole world go blind.
~Mahatma Gandhi

I'm taking 25
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains