We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Join The South Pacific Special Forces

Welcome to the South Pacific Special Forces!

What are the South Pacific Special Forces?

The South Pacific Special Forces (or SPSF) are the South Pacific’s defender military. All around the NationStates world, nations have the ability to determine their own destiny – they can choose their region, preferred activities, political and ideological beliefs, friends, and more. Raiders seek to disrupt this free choice – they enter regions that aren’t their own, vandalize them with messages supporting the raiders’ own organizations, and sometimes forcibly remove the native residents from the region. The SPSF works to counteract that and support the self-determination of native regions, all while having fun in a fast-paced and strategic game environment.

What’s military gameplay and why should I be interested?

Twice a day, NationStates updates. It goes through the regions in a set but random order, and within those regions, it goes through the nations in a set but random order. As the game goes through each nation, it counts how many endorsements they have. When it finishes going through the region, it makes the highest endorsed nation the delegate of the region. Delegates can have a lot of control over regions - they can even destroy them, if the founder isn’t around.

Raiders can take over regions by endorsing a raider nation, and making it delegate so that it has complete control over the region. We try to stop raider nations from becoming delegate in the first place, or take the region back by making a native nation delegate again.

Military gameplay is one of the cornerstones of inter-regional politics. It can introduce you to the wide, wild world of NS Gameplay, which has characters and stories and rich history on an epic scale. It can also introduce you to our good friends and allies in other regions. Unlike roleplay wars, military gameplay isn’t just imaginary - our actions have a real effect on the NS world. It's also fun: successful operations can fill you with adrenaline and a sweet feeling of hard-won victory. Perhaps most importantly, military gameplay builds a great sense of camaraderie and can serve as a basis for strong and lasting friendships.

Why join the SPSF?

The SPSF is one of the most active defender militaries in the game. (From time to time we raid fascist regions to prevent them being used as a platform to spread hateful ideology, but our primary focus is on defending.) We have some of the most knowledgeable military gameplayers in the whole game working with us and, as a result, can offer some of the highest-level training in the game. All you have to do is provide interest, willingness to learn, and passion, and you'll quickly be climbing the ranks to the top.

By joining the SPSF, you are also helping out the South Pacific. If the South Pacific is ever in danger, the SPSF will be the cornerstone of its defense. While our smaller ops might seem like they are just for fun, or just to fulfil foreign policy objective, we are also building up the skills that the SPSF needs for its core objective, which is to defend the Coalition. So by joining the SPSF, you may become a South Pacifican hero some day!

How can I join the SPSF?

The SPSF has two sections: the Tsunami Force and the Tidal Force.

Updates occur at 12 AM and 12 PM in Eastern Standard Time, or 5 AM and 5 PM in Universal Standard Time. These last about an hour, and this is when we conduct time-sensitive operations. You will need a Discord account and a forum account. If you can be online at update sometimes, even as little as once a week, you can sign up just below.

If you can’t make those times, or just don’t want to, then the Tidal Force is for you! The Tidal Force conducts less time-sensitive missions helping clean up raided regions and supporting our allies abroad. You don’t need a forum or Discord account for this, but of course you are always welcome to join. Check out this dispatch for more instructions: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1190718

Joining the Update Force

The steps:
Code:
1. TSP Nation: [nation]-->Fill the name of the nation that is in the South Pacific here<--[/nation]

2. Which other NationStates regions or organizations are and were you a member of? List all present\former memberships and alternate names you are known by:

3. Do you have any prior experience in R/D? If yes, provide a summary of your experience. If no, are you willing to learn?

4. What is your timezone?:

5. How often are you available at 12 PM and\or 12 AM EST?:

6. Discord Name:

7. Oath:
I, [nation]-->Fill the name of the nation that is in the South Pacific here<--[/nation], do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the South Pacific against all enemies; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the Generals and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the SPSF Military Code. LUX VERITAS VIRTUS.

*Time zone conversion can be done using this tool.

Have any questions? Our General Corps, Minister HumanSanity (HumanSanity#9270), Roavin (Roavin#5410) and Nakarisaune (Nakari#3538), will be happy to help!

color=#000000]1. TSP Nation: Offshade II

2. Which other NationStates regions or organizations are you a member of? List all present\former memberships and alternate names you are known by: FORGE

3. How often are you available at update times (12 PM and\or 12 AM EST). List days and times:
(Use this link to convert from your time zone to EST) Can do majors only during week.

4. Discord Name:  Violet

5. Oath: 
[/color]
I,  Offshade II  do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the South Pacific against all enemies; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the Generals and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the SPSF Military Code. LUX VERITAS VIRTUS.

6. OPTIONAL: Link to an image and\or GIF that represents you best:
 https://media.giphy.com/media/eFUs6bjxf6bcc/giphy.gif

1. TSP Nation: Parazzia

2. Which other NationStates regions or organizations are you a member of? List all present\former memberships and alternate names you are known by: The Grey Wardens, Nakari, Nakarisaune, Parazi, Sammuramat. Formerly part of The Invaders and 21st Century Rome.

3. How often are you available at update times (12 PM and\or 12 AM EST). List days and times:
(Use this link to convert from your time zone to EST) Mostly minors, though not that often any more with uni.

4. Discord Name: Nakari

5. Oath: 

I,  NATION NAME IN TSP HERE  do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the South Pacific against all enemies; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the Generals and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the SPSF Military Code. LUX VERITAS VIRTUS.

1. TSP Nation: Impelmalds

2. Which other NationStates regions or organizations are you a member of? List all present\former memberships and alternate names you are known by:
Just TSP and Impelmalds
(Use this link to convert from your time zone to EST)
weekdays at 12PM. Weekends at 12 PM and usually 12AM. Occasionally away for holidays/cultural events

4. Discord Name:Impelmalds

5. Oath: 

I,  Impelmalds  do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the South Pacific against all enemies; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the Generals and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the SPSF Military Code. LUX VERITAS VIRTUS.

(10-31-2017, 08:26 PM)impelmalds Wrote: 1. TSP Nation: Impelmalds

2. Which other NationStates regions or organizations are you a member of? List all present\former memberships and alternate names you are known by:
Just TSP and Impelmalds
weekdays at 12PM. Weekends at 12 PM and usually 12AM. Occasionally away for holidays/cultural events

4. Discord Name:Impelmalds

5. Oath: 

I,  Impelmalds  do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the South Pacific against all enemies; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the Generals and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the SPSF Military Code. LUX VERITAS VIRTUS.

Accepted. Welcome to the SPSF.
Chief Supervising Armchair

(10-30-2017, 09:16 PM)Violet Wrote: color=#000000]1. TSP Nation: Offshade II

2. Which other NationStates regions or organizations are you a member of? List all present\former memberships and alternate names you are known by: FORGE

(Use this link to convert from your time zone to EST) Can do majors only during week.

4. Discord Name:  Violet

5. Oath: 
[/color]
I,  Offshade II  do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the South Pacific against all enemies; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the Generals and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the SPSF Military Code. LUX VERITAS VIRTUS.

https://media.giphy.com/media/eFUs6bjxf6bcc/giphy.gif

(10-31-2017, 05:28 PM)nakari Wrote: 1. TSP Nation: Parazzia

2. Which other NationStates regions or organizations are you a member of? List all present\former memberships and alternate names you are known by: The Grey Wardens, Nakari, Nakarisaune, Parazi, Sammuramat. Formerly part of The Invaders and 21st Century Rome.

(Use this link to convert from your time zone to EST) Mostly minors, though not that often any more with uni.

4. Discord Name: Nakari

5. Oath: 

I,  NATION NAME IN TSP HERE  do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the South Pacific against all enemies; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the Generals and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the SPSF Military Code. LUX VERITAS VIRTUS.

Thanks for applying on the forums and welcome back Smile <3

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

1. TSP Nation: The Aav Bezz

(Former)
HYDRA
Masterz
DoT
TRE
Firehelm
Alternate names: Aav, Aav Vasentius, (Maybe)Aav Bezz
3. How often are you available at update times (12 PM and\or 12 AM EST). List days and times: It really depends on the amount of schoolwork I'm doing. But I try to be online for minor 2 times a week.

4. Discord Name:
Aav Whitehall
5. Oath: 

I,  The Aav Bezz  do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the South Pacific against all enemies; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the Generals and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the SPSF Military Code. LUX VERITAS VIRTUS.

Aav Verinhall
They/Them

1. TSP Nation: United States of Vietnam Mirror

Present:
United States of Vietnam in The Democratic Commonwealth as a member
Past:
United States of Vietnam mirror in The West Pacific as a member of the TWPAF.

Majors on weekends and all minors in the week. 

4. Discord Name: USoVietnam#2258

5. Oath: 

I,  United States of Vietnam mirror do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the South Pacific against all enemies; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the Generals and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the SPSF Military Code. LUX VERITAS VIRTUS.

Chief Supervising Armchair

1. TSP Nation: Aumeltopia

2. Which other NationStates regions or organizations are you a member of? List all present\former memberships and alternate names you are known by: http://b3.ifrm.com/40051/183/0/p3018969/..._wcss.html

3. How often are you available at update times (12 PM and\or 12 AM EST). List days and times: Minors every Saturday, sporadic majors

4. Discord Name: Somyrion#8047

5. Oath: 

I,  Aumeltopia  do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the South Pacific against all enemies; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the Generals and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the SPSF Military Code. LUX VERITAS VIRTUS.

[Image: Pl2OdOv.gif]
[Image: AfI6yZX.png]
Aumeltopia ~

[Image: fKnK6O4.png]
Auphelia Wrote:Raccoons are bandits! First they steal your food . . .
and then your heart/identity!

1. TSP Nation: Roavin

2. Which other NationStates regions or organizations are and were you a member of? List all present\former memberships and alternate names you are known by:
Current associations:
Past associations:
  • I had a cosmopolitan phase last year, in which I used a variety of Roavin-themed nations in The North Pacific, Spiritus, Lazarus, NationStates, and possibly others that I have since forgotten.

Aliases:
A full list of nations can be provided to the CRS upon request.

3. What is your timezone?: GMT+1 (GMT+2 in the summer); basically 6 hours ahead of NS server time.

4. How often are you available at 12 PM and\or 12 AM EST?: Plenty, look at my stats Tounge

5. Discord Name: Roavin#5410

6. Oath:
I, Roavin, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the South Pacific against all enemies; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the Generals and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the SPSF Military Code. LUX VERITAS VIRTUS.

7. Link to an image and\or GIF that represents you best:
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8487998]
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]