We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[NOTICE] Removal of Griffindor13's Legislator Status

[Image: IpYmiUj.png]
Statement on the Removal of Griffindor13's Legislator Status
The forum administration had recently become aware that Griffindor13 has used multiple Legislator accounts. A regional investigation has determined he had used this to vote twice on multiple occasions, including during elections.

We have found that several IPs used by Lavoret were shared with those used by Griffindor. Lavoret's registration IP matches that of Griffindor. A number of Lavoret's later IPs were also found to match Griffindor's. On multiple occasions the two accounts voted under the same IP, in most cases with the same or similar votes. Indeed, Lavoret's later activity consisted almost solely of voting. No forum security lapses appear to have been involved. The security procedures now in place with the founding of the Legislator Committee will prevent or at least hasten the detection of such actions in the future.

Given the severity of these actions, the Legislator Committee has voted to remove Griffindor's Legislator Status for his behaviour under Article 3.1 of the Legislator Committee Act. Further administrative or legal action is still being reviewed at this time.

On behalf of the Council for Regional Security and Legislator Committee,
Farengeto

Fully support. Maybe a banjection for voter fraud as well?
Midwesterner. Political nerd. Chipotle enthusiast. 
Minister of Culture of the South Pacific // Former Prime Minister

Come on Griff, that ain't cool.

Thank you to the LegComm and the CRS for dealing with this very troubling matter.
[Image: Lj1SunN.png]
Formerly Banned For Still Unspecified "OOC Toxicity"

What Tim said

I would like to thank the Legislator Committee for taking preventative measures to protect regional security. However, the committee did not investigate this properly. An appeal will be delivered to the High Court shortly.
-Griffindor/Ebonhand
-Current Roles/Positions
-Legislator 2/24/20-
-High Court Justice 6/7/20-
-South Pacific Coral Guard 11/17/20-
-Minister of Engagement 6/17/22-

-Past Roles/Positions
-Legislator 7/3/16-4/10/18
-Secretary of State 4/3/20-2/24/21

-Chair of the APC 9/24/16-5/31/17
-Vice-Chair of the APC 6/1/17-4/10/18
-Local Council Member 7/1/17-11/17/17
-Citizen 5/2012-12/2014 and  2/26/16-7/3/2016

(02-01-2018, 10:07 PM)North Prarie Wrote: Fully support. Maybe a banjection for voter fraud as well?

That would require a criminal indictment and conviction first, and even then I doubt that the Court would issue that sentence.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

So I'm going to assume that this was carried out under the clause that requires good behavior in order to maintain status. Would I be correct in that assumption?
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

Regardless of what the Court rules (I think the LC had a legitimate reason to remove his status) I definitely believe that Lavoret is his girlfriend. I've been in Discord chats with both of them at the same time and unless Griff is a master actor they are without a doubt different people. Combine that with the evidence/explanation he has provided in his appeal I do think this was just a misunderstanding. I can understand why an investigation might come to the conclusion it has, but as Griff said, I don't think it's done a full investigation and is relying too much on just one source rather than a wide range evidence.

Don't know why I'm posting this as I'm no longer part of the region, but I just felt I had to do something to help defend Griff.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

I was fully aware of the relationship between Griffindor and Lavoret when I conducted the investigation. The allegations aren't that they're the same person.