We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

IIN Interview Broadcasts

Ladon System
Pax Dracon
Silver City, 1900 Local Time
Two days after the arrival of the Treecuu ambassador

Across the vast swathes of territory of the Imperium, countless billions of Drakari, Sosa, Yapatha, and other races sat in front of vidscreens, datapads, and personal computer consoles, eager to watch what came next as the much-anticipated interview drew closer.  Within minutes, the uplifting and triumphant music associated with the channel began playing.

"This is Imperial Interstellar News, bringing the stars to your homes.  The following program is being broadcasted live for public interaction."

The screens transitioned to a sleek studio, where a green-scaled Drakari in an immaculately pressed uniform sat behind a desk and smiled at the camera drones as she held a datapad in her claws.

"Good evening, my fellow Imperial citizens, I am Loreia Numonis.  Tonight we have been granted the opportunity and privilege to have Emissary Teemas of the Treecuu Star Empire on our program."  She turned to her left, the camera drones moving with her to show the reporter's guest.  "Thank you for coming tonight, Emissary.  It is good to have you here."
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pax Dracon's post:
  • Qwert

A direct channel to almost the entire population? Live? It was almost too good to be true. The people responsible for the propaganda against the subject species would likely have considered this an opportunity truly worth dying for.

Teemas' posture was strict, but she had a friendly smile.

"Thank you for having me. It is a great honour" she responded.
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

"The honor is all mine, madame.  It's not every day we have foreign dignitaries at our studios.  Many of the Imperial population are eager to ask a few questions of their own tonight as well.  I trust that won't be an issue for you?"

Numonis gave an equally friendly grin, though the piercing look in her emerald colored eyes and slightly bared teeth seemed to indicate she would not be easily tricked or ensorcelled.

"On the contrary, my purpose in this great Imperium is to establish a dialogue between our peoples. I look forward to it."
Roleplayer
Roleplay moderator

"Excellent!  Interstellar dialogues are not only the best hope for peace in our time, they also open a path to boundless opportunities for friendship and trade."

The journalist smiled and pressed a button on her datapad before setting it off to the side.

"According to our correspondents in the Senate chambers and the Imperial Palace, you were personally greeted by His Imperial Majesty himself at Ajakis Memorial Starport.  Are you willing to tell us of your first impressions of him during those moments?"

"His Imperial Majesty is a great host, it was a humble and friendly first meeting. He is proud of the Drakari society and your many achievements over the ages. He also has a genuine interest in the culture of others and is eager to learn. I hope this set the standard for future relations."
Roleplayer
Roleplay moderator

"Our Emperor is indeed quite an eager and humble young man.  His idealism has been called infectious by many in his court, and from what I have heard, he does seem excited to visit your worlds in the near future.  Hopefully our method of interstellar travel won't unnerve you."

She chuckled softly.  "I am sure he's told you of the risks involved with Warp Space travel already."

"Ah, yes! His Imperial Majesty mentioned that radiation from the process, or just by looking at the associated visual phenomena, can affect your mind in strange ways. Apparently people can experience revelations too. How my species is affected is unknown, but it would be quite interesting to learn more about it." Teemas nodded.

"Our technologies, and cultures, are in many cases very different, all with their own unique benefits."
Roleplayer
Roleplay moderator

"That certainly explains the many understandable superstitions some ship crews take part in during an interstellar voyage, doesn't it?  It is quite fascinating how diverse the galaxy can be in terms of technology and cultures, isn't it?  Speaking of diversity, many of our viewers, civilian, military, and government officials alike, are quite interested as to learning how and why you got into politics.  Care to explain for the folks at home on how you began your career?"  Numonis leaned forward slightly, angling her head downward somewhat to look Teemas in the eye a bit better.

"I grew up close to one of the largest space ports on our capital planet, Ecteen. After school I often went straight there to watch the exciting ships and all the exotic people. What did they do? Where were they headed? And what was it like there? It was all very exiting."

"Studying diplomacy and foreign culture at the university later was the only choice for me. After that I joined the Diplomatic Corps and I could finally travel to those distant stars. Since then I have served as the link between the peoples on various planets within the Star Empire and the Treecuu state. And that is also why I am here."
Roleplayer
Roleplay moderator