We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[currently closed] Diplomatic Corps Applications

APPLICATIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED
Current applicants will have their applications reviewed based upon FA needs

[Image: jXTbjUN.png]

What is "foreign affairs"?

To make it really simple, foreign affairs in NationStates is how regions and communities interact with one another. Opening embassies or signing a treaty are common activities that fall under the banner of foreign affairs. The Ministry's job is to represent TSP to the game, and be the conduit through which other regions formally interact with us. On a more complex level, the Ministry, particularly through the Minister, is chiefly responsible for knowing the ins and outs of the politics of Gameplay, which a term that describes the relationships, rivalries, friendships, and everything else in between players that influence raiding & defending (R/D), the World Assembly, and the large Game-Created Regions. The government looks to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to let them know what's going on with a scandal in a major region, or what machinations are happening behind the scenes with shifting alliances.

Who leads the Ministry of Foreign Affairs?
The Ministry is run by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, their deputy ministers (if appointed), and a council of advisors. 

Minister: Sandaoguo
Deputies: None yet appointed
Advisory Council: Roavin, Heliseum

How do I get involved?

Read the below for information on what kinds of opportunities there are in the diplomatic corps. If you're interested, click the link at the bottom to apply!

Diplomatic Ranks
Permanent Representative
Members of the diplomatic corps with a rank of Permanent Representative officially represent the South Pacific in missions created by multi-regional treaties. This rank may not be used if we are not currently a member of any multi-regional organizations. These diplomats have special qualifications for the subject the organization is about. For instance, if the South Pacific were to join a multilateral military alliance, we would send a Permanent Representative to the organization that has knowledge about military affairs. Permanent Representatives may also be used to represent the South Pacific in official NationStates bodies like the General Assembly or Security Council.

Ambassador
Ambassadors in the diplomatic corps represent the South Pacific in our allied regions or other regions of significance. Ambassadors are responsible for maintaining our foreign forum embassies for their respective region(s), and serving as the primary communication point between us and our allies. As such, members with the rank of Ambassador have experience with NationStates inter-regional politics and are knowledgeable about the region(s) they're in.

Envoy
Envoys represents the South Pacific in our non-allied regions, maintaining our consulates (or equivalent) abroad. Envoys are an entry-level rank and are responsible for publishing foreign dispatches and engaging with many regions in the game. Envoys may report to an ambassador to assist them if needed. Within the ministry itself, envoys will help with writing foreign dispatches that are posted across the game. As envoys learn more about the game and gain experience, they can be promoted to ambassadors.

Advisor
Advisors are internal members of the Ministry, who aid the Minister and the diplomatic corps when needed. They don't represent the South Pacific in other regions. Advisors are members of the Advisory Council, if the Minister chooses to form it during their term.

Interested in applying?
Fill out this form!

[-] The following 5 users Like sandaoguo's post:
  • Aga, Amerion, North Prarie, Phanama, Roavin
Exclamation 
Nation: Islands of unity

Discord Username: Islands of unity

Interested In: Permanent Representative,Ambassador,Envoy

Banned? No

List of banned regions:
("Unknown" if there aren't any)
Unknown

Statement:
I think that I'm a good candidate for FA as I agree with you on alignment, I also think that this is a good chance for me to learn and grow as a player
Exclamation 
Nation: Agalaesia

Discord Username: Agalaesia#1749

Banned? No

List of banned regions:
Unknown

Statement:
I have always been interested in negotiations and interregional politics. I have always been willing to learn, and will hope to continue to do so!

Although I haven't been a part of TSP for long (I think I joined slightly less than a year ago), I believe that I will go on to become more involved in TSP, and I think this is the way to to do so. I think I can also be of a benefit to the diplomatic corps by my willingness to learn and contribute new ideas to the table, as well as my willingness to get stuck in!
Aga/Eunopiar

Mostly does boring things.
Exclamation 
Nation: Amerion

Discord Username: Amerion#9702

Interested In: Ambassador

Banned? Yes

List of banned regions:
Osiris — Cormac didn't like my bad-mouthing in 2016.

Statement:
I'm Amerion.
[-] The following 2 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Beepee, Rebeltopia

Nation: Beepee

Discord Username: Beepee

Interested In: Ambassador or Envoy

Banned? No

List of banned regions: 
Unknown

Statement:
I'm a former TSP ambassador to LCRUA and TNP.

I'm up for almost anything.

I can't believe that Amerion was banned.... although I get it I would ban him too *ban him from ever leaving TSP that is!*
[-] The following 1 user Likes Beepee's post:
  • Amerion
Exclamation 
Nation: Phanama

Discord Username: Phanama#8793

Interested In: Ambassador,Envoy

Banned? No

List of banned regions:
Unknown

Statement:
I am interested in getting involved because I want to see how the game works and explore different positions in TSP. I believe I am a quality candidate because I get along well with others and I think I'd represent TSP well naturally as my values line up with TSP's.
Phanama
Roleplayer
Exclamation 
Nation: North Prarie

Discord Username: Prarie #2402

Interested In: Permanent Representative,Ambassador

Banned? No

List of banned regions:
Unknown

Statement:
I’m really fond of foreign affairs, and have been the ambassador to TRR and Spiritus. I have experience in a variety of regions and am decently known around NS. I have experience writing about regions as a Staff Writer, Editir, and Governor for NationStates Today. I see this as another opportunity to learn and grow around NS.
Exclamation 
Nation: United Federated States of Omega

Discord Username: Omega#7092

Banned? No

List of banned regions:
Unknown

Statement:
I have been interested in FA since the Laz coup as I saw the power FA can play in protecting democratic traditions. I am a quality candidate simply due to my knowledge in the inner workings of FA in the game and my ability to reach out to any region, even those we don't always agree with. You also know of my long term vision for FA in TSP so helping to build that is something I see as instrumental to the long term, not just success of TSP in GP but also in elevating us to being a superpower when it comes to GP.
Exclamation 
Nation: Stoniamera

Discord Username: Stoniamera#4359

Interested In: Envoy

Banned? No

List of banned regions:
Unknown

Statement:
I have always been interested in getting involved in the foreign affairs of the south pacific and even though I have no previous experience in serving the TSP govt, I am willing to learn if I am given the chance to serve.
As for qualities, I am a quick learner and have an analytical temperment along with good capacity for listening to other's opinion which I think are some of the qualities a diplomat should have and lastly I am open to learn from the experience of the best of the people serving in the MOFA.
Exclamation 
Nation: Avocados island

Discord Username: Erios50#1544

Interested In: Envoy

Banned? No

List of banned regions:
Unknown

Statement:
I can be a good adivisor and i can be very diplomatic and fair on any circustance,but the main reason for me wanting to join is to be able to help my allies,keeping us united in peace is a giant priority to me,i will be very dedicated to this and make sure to do my best on any situation.