We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Valkyrian Knight for Delegate

[Image: QxoAwHob.png]

It's election time again
Right now, in this election,
We have a chance to protect
Peace, Freedom, and Democracy
Right here in the South Pacific
That can be accomplished
By voting for Qvait

We, the Valkyrian Republic, pledge our undying allegiance to the South Pacific and to the Valkyries who fight to protect the realms. As Delegate, I will fight tirelessly to protect and defend peace, freedom, and democracy in the South Pacific and will promote these principles abroad. A resident of this region since 2014, I have seen many faces come and go, but I have remained a constant figure within the South Pacific. This region is a place of refuge from instability and strife, a place of integrity and virtue, a place of fun and happiness, a place of friendship and family, and most importantly, home for many nations of NationStates. Also, as Delegate, I will fight for the rights of marsupials and will be uncompromising in that regard. Any region or nation that speaks hatefully toward marsupials will not be welcome to the South Pacific and if blood must be spilt in the pursuit of peace, freedom, and democracy, so be it. We will fight for what is right and will continue to do so until the marsupial kind are free from oppression and discrimination. That is my promise to the South Pacific and the world.

My agenda is simple: I will fight for equal rights for marsupials here in the South Pacific and elsewhere. I will look to build a multiregional coalition in this effort. When it comes to resolutions in the World Assembly, I will back greater rights and freedoms with a social democratic philosophy, commend the actions of other defender realms interested in protecting and defending universal rights and freedoms, and reject the tyrannical practices of raiders who seek to undermine the very principles that we hold dearly. I will promote participation on the regional forum and Discord. We have a forum, but only a small circle of politicians, roleplayers, and spammers even contribute to it. I want to change that. I want to make our regional forum more popular and active than any of the other forums that regions have. We have a chance to become the greatest region in all of NationStates. Let's seize the day and realise our potential.

#Freedom4Marsupials #Freedom4Koalas #PFD #TSP

A notice on my most active times: My timezone is Pacific Time (San Diego). My downtime is usually 3 am to 10 am PT, which corresponds to these timezones:
  • 6 am to 1 pm ET (New York)
  • 12 pm to 7 pm CET (Berlin)
  • 3:30 pm to 10:30 pm IST (New Delhi)
  • 8 pm to 3 am AEST (Sydney)
My conflict of interest statement, which lists my main account on NationStates and all the puppets I have used over the years and the regions that I have been a member of, can be found here. My Discord handle is TheJayCoop#5045.

All current and former positions I have held: TSP citizen, TSP legislator.

4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 4 users Like Jay Coop's post:
  • Divine Owl, Poppy, Rebeltopia, Volaworand

What do you plan to do to contribute to TSP if you are not elected?
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021
[-] The following 2 users Like Omega's post:
  • Jay Coop, Poppy

(07-07-2019, 11:26 PM)Omega Wrote: What do you plan to do to contribute to TSP if you are not elected?

As a legislator, I'll likely begin contributing to discussions at the Assembly and finally break away from may abstentionist policy.

My History
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jay Coop's post:
  • Poppy

If you are elected, what do you plan on changing or implementing during your term?
Phanama
Roleplayer
[-] The following 2 users Like Phanama's post:
  • Jay Coop, Poppy

(07-08-2019, 08:20 AM)Phanama Wrote: If you are elected, what do you plan on changing or implementing during your term?

For starters, I would look toward promoting forumside participation. I want to increase activity on politicking and roleplay on the forum. TSP has come a long way in the last few years, but I remember that there were times when parts of the forum were dead. South Pacific University is an example of this. Two years ago, it was a popular part of the forum, but now rarely does anyone post there. I want that to change and so I want to promote the forum on the gameside.

My History
[-] The following 3 users Like Jay Coop's post:
  • Poppy, Rebeltopia, Volaworand

How can we trust you not to "push the big red button"?
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium
[-] The following 2 users Like Rebeltopia's post:
  • Jay Coop, Poppy

(07-08-2019, 02:29 PM)Rebeltopia Wrote: How can we trust you not to "push the big red button"?

I'm a koala. How could I possibly push that button?

My History
  • Poppy

Policy idea: I want to build upon the successes of SWAN and expand it to acknowledge all of the nations of TSP who have an account on the regional forum and actively participate.

My History
  • Poppy

Time to get serious. I have a new and bold statement in my first post.

My History
  • Poppy

Per your new statement, does this mean you'd work to undermine the legitimate government of TEP?
Land Without Shrimp
[-] The following 3 users Like Encaitar's post:
  • Beepee, Jay Coop, Poppy