We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[CONFIRMED] Recommendation of Amerion to the Council on Regional Security

Recommendation of Amerion to the Council on Regional Security

It is with great pleasure that the Council on Regional Security submits to the Assembly its recommendation that Amerion be approved for membership in our institution.

Amerion has a distinguished history within the region, having served as Chair of the Assembly and Advisor to the Cabinet. Through his service, he has shown steadfast dedication and loyalty to the Coalition and to democratic order in the South Pacific. He also has extensive experience outside the region, previously serving as a Security Councillor, Vice Delegate and Delegate of Lazarus. We believe he has the knowledge, experience and, most importantly, sound judgement, necessary to have a seat on this Council.

Amerion currently holds 364 World Assembly endorsements, has more than 59,000 influence points and holds the rank of Squire. He has also been a legislator for well over the required minimum of six months. In that sense, he meets all the technical and legal requirements for membership.

We believe that Amerion would be an asset to this Council, and express our hope that the Assembly will, after a thorough confirmation process, approve this nomination and allow him to further contribute to regional security.

The Council on Regional Security
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Due to the clear conflict of interest for the CoA, I will be serving as chair for the confirmation process debate and vote. The chair will entertain a motion for a vote starting at 9:21 AM central time on August 23rd.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021
[-] The following 2 users Like Omega's post:
  • Amerion, Seraph

I ... don't think this will be a particularly controversial vote.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]
[-] The following 4 users Like Roavin's post:
  • Amerion, Belschaft, Seraph, Witchcraft and Sorcery

Now where would the CRS get the INSANE notion that Amerion is a good candidate to join them? This is preposterous! We all know that Amerion was a part of that one thing where... uhh... I mean it was trying to... hmm... you know... that thing. 

(This is a no-brainer if I ever saw it. Obvious full support from me.)

Witchcraft and Sorcery

Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense. Formerly many things in other regions. Defender. Ideologue. he/they.
[-] The following 4 users Like Witchcraft and Sorcery's post:
  • Amerion, phoenixofthesun14, Rebeltopia, Seraph

... can I motion this to a vote?
-tsunamy
[forum admin]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tsunamy's post:
  • Seraph

(08-24-2019, 09:09 AM)Tsunamy Wrote: ... can I motion this to a vote?

I'll second that motion. I don't see anyone disagreeing with this Smile
The Baggy-Eyed Exonians of
Heliseum

Legislator, Former SPSF Overlord, MoFA's #1 Ex-Intern
[-] The following 1 user Likes Heliseum's post:
  • Seraph

a unanimous vote time?

[Image: TZwtVaB.png]

DATE MONTH YEAR

(A1908.01)

Legislators,

Please be advised that the vote to induct @Amerion into the Council on Regional Security has been opened. The vote has been designated in the Assembly's official record as A1908.01 and referred to in full as Nomination of Amerion to the Council on Regional Security.

Legislators may cast their vote here.

The vote will end on the 28th of August, 2019, at 2:10 a.m. (UTC).

Has Been
What's Next?

Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

On a vote of 30-2, Amerion was confirmed to the CRS. The results may be found here.
Has Been
What's Next?