We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] Nomination of Roavin to the Legislator Committee

[Image: 7ykR3za.png?1]

Recently, Seraph resigned from the Legislator Committee, and we began the search for a new member, including open applications. Thank you to everyone who applied!

In the end, with another Legislator Committee member possibly needing to step back temporarily, we decided to take the option that had already proved themselves as a Legislator Committee member and could jump into business immediately. We have decided to appoint Roavin as a returning member to the Legislator Committee, and hope to train the other promising applicants in some security related areas so that they will be ready in the case of another vacancy.

Roavin has previously served on the Legislator Committee multiple times, and served in many of the region’s positions. He has extensive security experience both in the South Pacific and elsewhere. Roavin also has some ideas for renovation of our application process, so having him on the Legislator Committee should be a good way to explore the practicality of these suggestions. We welcome any questions.

Chair, with the power vested in me as Prime Minister of the Coalition, I declare that the Cabinet has in good faith appointed Roavin to serve as member of the Legislator Committee in accordance with per Article 1 Section 2 of the Legislator Committee Act, and request that the corresponding assembly procedure is initiated.

Signed,
The Cabinet of the South Pacific
[-] The following 12 users Like Nakari's post:
  • Amerion, Belschaft, Divine Owl, Nat, phoenixofthesun14, Rebeltopia, Ryccia, sandaoguo, Sasha, Somyrion, TheBig0tt0, Volaworand

I'd be happy to answer any and all questions.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

(09-12-2019, 05:22 PM)Roavin Wrote: I'd be happy to answer any and all questions.

Why did you do it?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
[-] The following 2 users Like Kris Kringle's post:
  • Aga, Volaworand

(09-12-2019, 07:25 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote:
(09-12-2019, 05:22 PM)Roavin Wrote: I'd be happy to answer any and all questions.

Why did you do it?

I HAD TO, MAN! THEY HAD MY LITTLE GIRL!
[-] The following 5 users Like Roavin's post:
  • Aga, Rebeltopia, Sasha, TheBig0tt0, Volaworand

How does the LegComm intend on training the other candidates?

(09-13-2019, 09:21 AM)Amerion Wrote: How does the LegComm intend on training the other candidates?

That's really more of a question for Viet and Nakari, but I can add the following: I was the very first LegComm member in a transitional capacity as we (Cabinet, with me as PM at the time) were finding our initial roster of three members. During my brief tenure on LegComm, I wrote a guide book describing most of what I knew; as far as I know that guide book (presumably in modified fashion) is still in use to this day. So, I'd think first step would be to have people read that, have them ask questions, then do a few apps together with them.
[-] The following 3 users Like Roavin's post:
  • Amerion, Rebeltopia, Volaworand

Do you intend to abuse your power?
If not, why? Isn't a life without power being abused boring? Do you promise to try to keep TSP interesting?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sasha's post:
  • Volaworand

(09-13-2019, 02:49 PM)Sasha Wrote: Do you intend to abuse your power?
If not, why? Isn't a life without power being abused boring? Do you promise to try to keep TSP interesting?

Historically, I've only ever abused any powers I had when it served the region (or at least if I legitimately thought it did). I intend to keep that pattern of behavior of selective abuse of power.

As for TSP being interesting ... well, that's not really up to LegComm. Tounge
[-] The following 2 users Like Roavin's post:
  • Rebeltopia, Volaworand

(09-13-2019, 12:22 PM)Roavin Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 09:21 AM)Amerion Wrote: How does the LegComm intend on training the other candidates?

That's really more of a question for Viet and Nakari, but I can add the following: I was the very first LegComm member in a transitional capacity as we (Cabinet, with me as PM at the time) were finding our initial roster of three members. During my brief tenure on LegComm, I wrote a guide book describing most of what I knew; as far as I know that guide book (presumably in modified fashion) is still in use to this day. So, I'd think first step would be to have people read that, have them ask questions, then do a few apps together with them.

Thanks for the answer Smile

(09-13-2019, 04:06 PM)Roavin Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 02:49 PM)Sasha Wrote: Do you intend to abuse your power?

Historically, I've only ever abused any powers I had when it served the region (or at least if I legitimately thought it did). I intend to keep that pattern of behavior of selective abuse of power.

As for TSP being interesting ... well, that's not really up to LegComm. Tounge 
This is answer is terribly boring... but I guess you're right about LegComm not being the ones responsible for fun. So I guess you're a perfect fit! (at least as long as you give us such boring answers)
[-] The following 2 users Like Sasha's post:
  • TheBig0tt0, Volaworand