We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

CS For Del!

Hello, various sentient beings of The South Pacific! I’m Concrete Slab, and I’m running for the coveted position of the delegacy for the first this month! How exciting! So, of course, I’m writing this to seek your vote for the upcoming delegate election. I’ll just be going over a couple of things, like why I am the best candidate out there and what I will do if I win. Ready? Let’s go!

Well-Roundedness
I like to think that as a NationStates player, I am very well-rounded. First, I want to talk about my service to TSP. I have been in the region for (as of writing this) 644 days, and have done a lot of stuff during that time. I have ran for Local Councillor three times and been successful every time. Through this, I have been able to connect with TSP gameside and pick up the basics of what it takes to be a public figure and moderator. I have been a legislator for TSP pretty much all of those 644 days and have loved to discuss new ideas and policies with my fellow region-mates. I loooooooove to endotart and (again, as of writing this) have endorsed every single nation in TSP. I also serve as a moderator of the roleplay region, Psomewhere, and serve as a Fellow in the Ministry of Regional Affairs, even serving as Interim Senior Fellow of Integration. Through these experiences, I have gained recognition and experience, making me a good choice to lead TSP as its figurehead. I am a prominent figure in all three zones of TSP; gameside, forumside, and discord. I believe this gives me the credentials to positively serve as the delegate.

Now, here’s where I differ from my competition. I am also a prominent figure outside of TSP. I am currently a citizen of The Rejected Realms, South Pacific, and the North Pacific (as well as an executive staffer of TNP), as well as a resident of The East Pacific. Furthermore, I have made many friends throughout the NS community, and believe I am in a unique position to help strengthen relations with our allied GCRs and UCRs. 

Putting the WA back in WA Delegate
Now, the main reason I think I’m qualified for the delegacy is my experience in the World Assembly. To date, I have written three resolutions, one being in the Security Council and two in the General Assembly. All of my resolutions have passed with at least a 70% For vote, showing they are of good quality. These endeavors have been enormously rewarding and have helped me to connect with many prominent figures throughout the NS community. Now, taking the role of TSP delegate would grant an enormous responsibility. I would have the third largest vote in the whole world and would have to represent the interest of my regions. Thats why, as delegate, I hope to stimulate WA activity, get tons of feedback from TSP nations, and educate the members of TSP on every WA proposal that goes to vote. 

Conclusion
I really hope you will consider voting me for delegate. I also want to clarify that, while I may have done a lot in my time playing NS, I am still very young compared to many nations in TSP. I am always open to discussion and help from all members of TSP, and hope we can make a better TSP together. Thank you for your time. I'll take any questions you have!

Yours,
Concrete Slab

P.S.
Here is my conflict of interest: 
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1302110
Concrete Slab
Coral Guard Member
5x Local Councillor 
TSP Legislator and Citizen
Ambassador to the League 
Author of GAR #471, #479, and SCR #271
Co-author of SCR #300
Founded 1/25/18
[-] The following 5 users Like Concrete Slab's post:
  • Divine Owl, Jay Coop, phoenixofthesun14, Seraph, Somyrion

And now, you shall receive questions of your own!

- If you are elected delegate, what will you do about your current LC position?
- How do you plan on promoting activity, both gameside and forumside?
- Specifically, how will you promote WA activity?
- And, while your fellow candidate, Beepee, has proven to be a treasonous preferer of cake to pie, what is your preference?
AIDENFIEELD
Legislator in TSP | Active User of the RMB | Former Local Councillor | Member of The Ministry Of Regional Affairs

(01-03-2020, 10:39 PM)Divine Owl Wrote: And now, you shall receive questions of your own!

- If you are elected delegate, what will you do about your current LC position?
- How do you plan on promoting activity, both gameside and forumside?
- Specifically, how will you promote WA activity?
- And, while your fellow candidate, Beepee, has proven to be a treasonous preferer of cake to pie, what is your preference?

1.) I'll have to resign cause I'm pretty sure. Shouldn't be too much trouble.
2.) I'm probably one of the most active gameside members on the forums. I'd love to organize things such as debates or friendly competitions that gets forum siders on gameside and gamesiders on the forum. 
3.) I already create a thread for each new WA proposal that comes to vote. As delegate, I feel I'd be in a unique position to help create facilities to help aspiring authors, promote discussion, and collaborate with nations in other regions.
4.) I don't discriminate Tounge
Concrete Slab
Coral Guard Member
5x Local Councillor 
Ambassador to the League 
Co-author of SCR #300
Founded 1/25/18
[-] The following 2 users Like Concrete Slab's post:
  • Divine Owl, phoenixofthesun14

Hey CS, glad you have decided to run, I think you'd make an excellent delegate for our region.

However, would you be so kind to make a dispatch version of this too - thanks!

(01-04-2020, 06:57 AM)Daytime to Night Wrote: Hey CS, glad you have decided to run, I think you'd make an excellent delegate for our region.

However, would you be so kind to make a dispatch version of this too - thanks!

That would be a good idea, thank you!
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1302381
Concrete Slab
Coral Guard Member
5x Local Councillor 
Ambassador to the League 
Co-author of SCR #300
Founded 1/25/18
[-] The following 1 user Likes Concrete Slab's post:
  • Divine Owl

NatSov or IntFed?
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

I've never really participated IC in the World Assembly, but if I had to pick, I'd go for a blend of the two. It's important for a nation to retain their sovereign rights, but there'd also be no WA if there was no IntFed.
Concrete Slab
Coral Guard Member
5x Local Councillor 
Ambassador to the League 
Co-author of SCR #300
Founded 1/25/18
[-] The following 1 user Likes Concrete Slab's post:
  • Divine Owl

Oh, I have thought of another question. I’m aware that this may be a sore topic, but it’s important nonetheless.

What did you learn from your previous removal from government and following eight-month ban from it, and what do you plan to do differently as delegate, so as to avoid such negative relations with TSP citizens?
AIDENFIEELD
Legislator in TSP | Active User of the RMB | Former Local Councillor | Member of The Ministry Of Regional Affairs

I'm glad you brought it up, it's an important issue to talk about. Obviously, I lost my cool and suppressed a few more posts than I should have. However, the whole ordeal provided me an opportunity to really do something about myself. I am proud to say that an incident like what happened eight to nine months ago will never happen again. In the avoidance of negative relations, it is mostly be the job of the Local Council to moderate the board. I would just try to be a good figurehead and leader that people can look up to and feel safe with.
Concrete Slab
Coral Guard Member
5x Local Councillor 
Ambassador to the League 
Co-author of SCR #300
Founded 1/25/18
[-] The following 2 users Like Concrete Slab's post:
  • Divine Owl, Seraph

OOH I HAVE A QUESTION FOR THE CANDIDATE! (a serious one, actually!)

Cake or Pie?

If you had to make a general "mission statement" for your Delegacy, what would it be and why?  What ideologies would you stand for?
[-] The following 1 user Likes phoenixofthesun14's post:
  • Divine Owl