We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] An amendment to Article XII of the Charter (Forum Administration Team)

A recent discussion in the Operations Center has led to the question of amending the Forum Administration Team's responsibilities. One idea is renaming the body as the Communications Administration Team and officially giving them responsibilities on the region's Discord server, which most (if not all) of them currently have in an unofficial capacity. It might be worth it to amend the Charter to take into account the evolving nature of regional offsite communications.

Amendment to Article XII Wrote:
THE CHARTER OF THE SOUTH PACIFIC

XII. THE ADMINISTRATION TEAM

Creating an independent, apolitical body to manage the forumsoff-site communications.

(1) The ForumOff-Site Administration Team will be responsible for the technical maintenance of the region's Discord servers, forums, and the integrity of the database. Administrators will not be given responsibilities of a political nature.

(2) The ForumOff-Site Administration Team will be responsible for the appointment and removal of its own members, except when an administrator is removed from the position following a guilty verdict in a fair trial for abuse of administrative powers. Additionally, new administrators must be approved by a majority of the Assembly before being granted administrator permissions.

(3) The ForumOff-Site Administration Team must create standard administration and moderation policies. These policies will be submitted to the Assembly for a one-week review and comment period before going into effect.

(4) While the ForumOff-Site Administration Team may appoint global moderators if needed, individual Ministers and, the Chair of the Assembly, and roleplay moderators primarily will be responsible for the moderation of their dedicated Discord servers and forums.

Addendum 1 — Amendment to the Political Parties Act

Amendment to Articles 3 & 4' Wrote:
Political Parties Act

3. Benefits to Active Political Parties

(2) Political parties may petition the Chair of the Assembly for approval for a subforum. The Chair of the Assembly will verify the qualifications of the party, and if the party meets those qualifications, notify the ForumOff-Site Administration Team to create the party's dedicated subforums.

4. Archival of Inactive Subforums

(1) The ForumOff-Site Administration Team will non-destructively archive political party subforums if the requirements listed in Article 3 are no longer met.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

I agree with this idea. We have evolved in communications and the Administration Team needs to evolve with it. As they are already trusted with responsibility on the forum, I don't see why not they can't have responsibilities on the server.
Al0neForever, joined 9th January 2020
Regional Fellow
SWAN Knight
Legislator

I have drafted an amendment:

Quote:XII. THE ADMINISTRATION TEAM

Creating an independent, apolitical body to manage the forumsregional communications.

(1) The ForumCommunications Administration Team will be responsible for the technical maintenance of the region's Discord servers, forums, and the integrity of the database. Administrators will not be given responsibilities of a political nature.

(2) The ForumCommunications Administration Team will be responsible for the appointment and removal of its own members, except when an administrator is removed from the position following a guilty verdict in a fair trial for abuse of administrative powers. Additionally, new administrators must be approved by a majority of the Assembly before being granted administrator permissions.

(3) The ForumCommunications Administration Team must create standard administration and moderation policies. These policies will be submitted to the Assembly for a one-week review and comment period before going into effect.

(4) While the ForumCommunications Administration Team may appoint global moderators if needed, individual Ministers and, the Chair of the Assembly, and roleplay moderators primarily will be responsible for the moderation of their dedicated Discord servers and forums.

My History
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jay Coop's post:
  • phoenixofthesun14

This looks perfectly reasonable. I'd support the change.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amerion's post:
  • Jay Coop

I have also included an amendment to the Political Parties Act since the Forum Administration Team is mentioned there:

Quote:3. Benefits to Active Political Parties

(...)

(2) Political parties may petition the Chair of the Assembly for approval for a subforum. The Chair of the Assembly will verify the qualifications of the party, and if the party meets those qualifications, notify the ForumCommunications Administration Team to create the party's dedicated subforums.

(...)

(1) The ForumCommunications Administration Team will non-destructively archive political party subforums if the requirements listed in Article 3 are no longer met.

My History

Apologies for these admittedly pedantic alterations to the text.

So as to bring these amendments in alignment with the format outlined in the Law Standards Act, I have added the title of the Act into the texts of the amendments as well as removed the brackets surrounding the ellipses.

Amendment to Article XII Wrote:
THE CHARTER OF THE SOUTH PACIFIC

XII. THE ADMINISTRATION TEAM

Creating an independent, apolitical body to manage the forumsregional communications.

(1) The ForumCommunications Administration Team will be responsible for the technical maintenance of the region's Discord servers, forums, and the integrity of the database. Administrators will not be given responsibilities of a political nature.

(2) The ForumCommunications Administration Team will be responsible for the appointment and removal of its own members, except when an administrator is removed from the position following a guilty verdict in a fair trial for abuse of administrative powers. Additionally, new administrators must be approved by a majority of the Assembly before being granted administrator permissions.

(3) The ForumCommunications Administration Team must create standard administration and moderation policies. These policies will be submitted to the Assembly for a one-week review and comment period before going into effect.

(4) While the ForumCommunications Administration Team may appoint global moderators if needed, individual Ministers and, the Chair of the Assembly, and roleplay moderators primarily will be responsible for the moderation of their dedicated Discord servers and forums.

Addendum 1 — Amendment to the Political Parties Act

Amendment to Articles 3 & 4' Wrote:
Political Parties Act

3. Benefits to Active Political Parties

(2) Political parties may petition the Chair of the Assembly for approval for a subforum. The Chair of the Assembly will verify the qualifications of the party, and if the party meets those qualifications, notify the ForumCommunications Administration Team to create the party's dedicated subforums.

(1) The ForumCommunications Administration Team will non-destructively archive political party subforums if the requirements listed in Article 3 are no longer met.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amerion's post:
  • Jay Coop

I would prefer something like "Off-Site Administration Team" so as to prevent confusion with regional communications powers.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roavin's post:
  • Jay Coop

(01-25-2020, 06:01 AM)Amerion Wrote: Apologies for these admittedly pedantic alterations to the text.

So as to bring these amendments in alignment with the format outlined in the Law Standards Act, I have added the title of the Act into the texts of the amendments as well as removed the brackets surrounding the ellipses.

(01-25-2020, 11:37 AM)Roavin Wrote: I would prefer something like "Off-Site Administration Team" so as to prevent confusion with regional communications powers.

Done.

My History
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jay Coop's post:
  • Amerion

I motion to waive minimum debate time to bring this to a vote.

My History

Second
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8