We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

No Longer In My Prime (Minister)

You know when there's something you have to do, but you don't really want to do it, so you don't, but then you can't do anything else without feeling bad about doing the other thing, so you just end up doing nothing?That's what being Prime Minister has felt like. Sorry. I feel like I need to excuse and explain myself, because I feel and felt obliged to be Prime Minister, but to be honest I'm just not enjoying it and I don't see the need to put myself through it out of obligation any more. Plus, no need to put you guys through it! You can have someone better! Yay!

Effective immediately, I'm resigning from my posts as Prime Minister and from the Legislator Committee.

As it's the first half of the term, this will trigger a special election (we considered holding out for over halfway for an appointment, but the Cabinet preferred to have an election. See! We support democracy!). Sorry, Election Committee. But hey there's now someone free who hopefully won't hold elected office for like, another year, and likes counting, so. Wink

Anyway, thanks for everything, I'll still be here, I am just SO DONE with being PM and LegComm and I'm not going to play the martyr. That's my message for anyone who feels obligated to do stuff on here they don't want to. It's a game, you don't have to do things that aren't fun unless you want to! You don't need an excuse for it! It's a game! We'll be fine! It's all good!

Heart you’re amazing Nakari! Thank you for being wonderful and amazing and awesome!!
This is Penguin!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay
Penguins shall one day rule the pie!
And by "pie", I mean "World"!!
Goddess Empress Queen Princess Lady of TSP 
Lilium Inter Spinas // Non timebo mala
I have done a lot of things in the Region in my History.
There's a list somewhere if you wanna go looking. 
[-] The following 3 users Like Penguin's post:
  • Nakari, Swifty, Whole India

[Image: SalutingEmoji.jpg]

Salute to your service for TSP and have a good time in RL

May TSP Live Long

Putting 'it's a joke' in square brackets after a statement does not make that statement in good taste. You might want to edit.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

(08-14-2020, 02:15 AM)Whole India Wrote: [offensive material removed]
Uhhhh....no.
Midwesterner. Political nerd. Chipotle enthusiast. 
Minister of Culture of the South Pacific // Former Prime Minister

Auphelia claims that she is the one orchestrating this whole resignation thing, how does one force another to be tired and make them decide they don't want to do something anymore?

Thanks for your service, Nakari

Legislator | Local Councilor | Aspiring TSP Curmudgeon
Messages archived by the Ministry Of the Regal Executive - Bureaucratic Services