We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

MoRA than enough.

Anyone who's beeen paying attention recently will have noticed my activity in the Ministry dropping off. I appointed two deputies to ensure that some things were still rolling but with my return to work, including a long commute, and encroaching anxiety about where that job is going next, I no longer seem to have the time, energy or, perhaps most importantly, enthusiasm to do the overwhelming job of Minister of Regional Affairs anymore and, with various things going on, I'm simply not enjoying it anymore and Nakari's resignation has reminded me that that's an important consideration in a game.

I'm honestly disappointed in myself. I knew this was a possibility and I had convinced myself that I would be able to cope, but it turns out I wasn't. As a result, an attempt to demonstrate a different way of running the Ministry has failed, but better that it fails honestly than with me stressing about not achieving anything in the background.

As more than half of the term has now passed, I'm consulting with the cabinet about an interim minister, hopefully to ensure that stuff still happens, but as of this post, I formally resign my position as Minister of Regional Affairs of the South Pacific and go to be quiet somewhere for a time...
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8
[-] The following 11 users Like Seraph's post:
  • Amerion, Daytime to Night, Encaitar, Jay Coop, Nakari, phoenixofthesun14, Poppy, Purple Hyacinth, Ryccia, USoVietnam, Whole India

Your way of running the ministry has not failed, and neither have you. In fact, I’d say it’s proved to be a great success compared to what we’ve had for the past few terms, and the fact that you need a bit of a break doesn’t diminish that at all. Smile
[Image: AfI6yZX.png]
Aumeltopia ~

[Image: fKnK6O4.png]
Auphelia Wrote:Raccoons are bandits! First they steal your food . . .
and then your heart/identity!
[-] The following 5 users Like Somyrion's post:
  • Amerion, Daytime to Night, Jay Coop, Poppy, Seraph

All the best, Seraph Heart Heart Heart
You’ve been an awesome minister!!!!!
[-] The following 3 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Jay Coop, Poppy, Seraph

You've been great, especially when I was starting to flag as PM. I knew the Cabinet would be in safe hands with you around particularly Tounge Thank you for your service to the region, hope you enjoy freedom!
[-] The following 2 users Like Nakari's post:
  • Amerion, Poppy

<3 you’re amazing Seraph and you done did good mate :-)
This is Penguin!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay
Penguins shall one day rule the pie!
And by "pie", I mean "World"!!
Goddess Empress Queen Princess Lady of TSP 
Lilium Inter Spinas // Non timebo mala
I have done a lot of things in the Region in my History.
There's a list somewhere if you wanna go looking. 
[-] The following 2 users Like Penguin's post:
  • Amerion, Seraph

You were excellent Sharky!!!!
Local Councillor (3/15/20 - 6/23/20)
Deputy Minister of Educational Affairs (2/19/20 - 4/9/20)
Senior Fellow of Integration (12/20/20 - 2/19/20)
Fellow (1/12/19 - ~10/14/20) 
Ambassador to Osiris and TWP (4/3/20 - 7/8/20)
Legislator (1/19/19 - 11/1/21)
Chair of the Assembly (6/23/20 - 9/3/20)
Secretary of State (7/8/20 - 2/4/21 | 6/14/21 - 11/1/21) 
Deputy of Media (2/14/21 - 11/1/21)
Ambassador to TNP and Lazarus  (6/14/21 - 10/22/21)
MoE Leadership (10/14/20 - 11/1/21)
[-] The following 2 users Like Rabbitz's post:
  • Amerion, Seraph

[Image: SalutingEmoji.jpg]
Salute to your service and we were honored to have you as Minister, we hope legacy remains.
[-] The following 2 users Like Whole India's post:
  • Amerion, Seraph

Your latest service to the region has not been a failure.  There is nothing wrong with taking care of your self and knowing when you need a break.

Legislator | Local Councilor | Aspiring TSP Curmudgeon
Messages archived by the Ministry Of the Regal Executive - Bureaucratic Services

[-] The following 2 users Like Volaworand's post:
  • Amerion, Seraph

I'm glad you're taking care of yourself, Seraph. =)  That's what's most important.  We all love you and definitely don't want you burdening yourself with stressing about not doing things well enough.  You got more than enough on your plate at the moment.  So take care of yourself and know that we all are here for you.  Smile
Land Without Shrimp
[-] The following 1 user Likes Encaitar's post:
  • Seraph