We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Tin for MoC campaign.
Lightbulb 
[Image: Vdy31fx.png]

I kept a list of ideas in case of "Tin wanting to run for a office", it's time for me to break that emergency case. *Broken glass noises* Let's take a little look... (Although, sadly not all of my ideas were recorded)

TSP's list of precedence (Ceremonial) (for the wiki)
Woah, that's for the MoE. (We probably already have that somewhere, ex. line of succession of the delegate) Now with that out of the list...

Events 

Gartic Phone (Phones Phridays)
Since the popular coming of Theme Thursday (which would be continued) and Skribbl.io Saturday not existing any more, I thought it would be fun if we do Phone Phridays instead. By using https://garticphone.com/en a game based on chinese telephone where you write a prompt and the next person draw the prompt and the next person guessing what the last person have drawn and so on and so on. For more information on how to play, watch this video.

ArtsFest and ImprovFest (A working title)
Most of my ideas for mid-sized events are not refined (I only thought of one activity) but I'm sure with the brainstorming of the ministry we can plan a successful event. Here are some of my ideas for mid-sized events:
  1. ImprovFest: TSP Madlibs, sounds fun right?
    Here's an example:
    (A TSPer) was walking down a/an (Something you can walk on) then sees (a prominent figure in NS) screaming "(what would a sound of a cat dying be like)" and (verb).
    Here's what I put:
    Panda was walking down a treadmill then sees Max Barry screaming "Wraww Meao X_X" and laugh.
  2. ArtsFest: TSP Lampshade Fashion Show, we'll give you a mannequin head and you'll draw the best head wear and name it and submit it to us. At the end we'll do a catwalk and our panel of judges/residents will give points. Winner's headwear would be worn by our regional flag for a day. (Or somthing else if we can't do that) 

TSP's holidays
It's clear that we need to plan more events about our official holiday since Coalition is 3 days ago and I haven't heard anyone mentioning it. During the next term there will be 2 official holidays, which I plan to celebrate:
  1. Defender Day: Celebrating defending principles, working with the MoD we could have activities like Pin the tail on the raider Honoring accomplishments of the SPSF and giving out medals.
  2. Independence Day: Celebrating Independence from the UCRs, we would use last year's as an example to plan this year's event. I'm pretty sure the Celebration Pavilion is gathering dust.
And since those two are so close together maybe we could combine the holidays for a long celebration. (Maybe)

What about big events like PacifiCon?
I'm currently not prepared to host something that big due to IRL reasons. (More info in the caution section) but if was invited by the other Pacifics I would do my best to involve TSP in the event.

Roleplay 
the charter Wrote:Minister of Culture

(8) The Minister of Culture will be responsible for supporting the roleplay community and organizing regional cultural activities, events, and exchanges.

As a roleplayer, it's saddened for me to see that the RP community is not being supported as much as during the MoRa times. It's understandable that usually the ministry would help with TIR (Treasure Island Report) but since it's currently MoM job (Well, according to the wiki anyways) there's nothing to support of. Although, there is a event suggested by Qwert which I helped, NSCW (Nation Showcase Week), where we would showcase stuff from the community for a week with every day changing themes, which we planned to happend every term. While I would like to commend Swifty for trying to make the NSCW happen, due to communication problems some of the days never see the light (Never published) which led to lower interest to run the event. I do understand that a for a non-RP minister this is a hard task, which is why Prarie decided to have a deputy for this job but in the end none was appointed. (Or appointed without my knowledge)

NSCW
I would restart this event and expand from only dispatches to the forums too. I hope I could help Qwert to restart interest in the NSCW.

More discussion
I would start more discussions in the Maps section of our main canon forums as many parts of our planet Pacifica are still unanswered.

My process of work 

Channels
I feel like the current structure of the MoC isn't an environment for involvement, the only all-access channel is Roleplay. So me who is only masked for roleplay can't see any other channels except general and roleplay so if the ministry is planning something that I may want to get involved I wouldn't even know it. Hi this is future Tin here, futher looking into the roles there seems to be only two channels in the ministry which means either the last administration is not that active or they've been planning in the DMs. If it's the latter I would adopt something like the MoE, encouraging planning in the ministry chat. (I know Theme Thursday's theme shouldn't be known by the whole ministry if someone wanna participate so that may be the only exception but I'm sure we could just put a spoiler on it and trust the staff to not open on their own risks) Also I would be adding channels like #moc-weekly-events and #moc-special-events. (If those aren't a thing already) All channels will be all-access and anyone could comment on ideas to help the planning or present their own ideas.

Roles
Anyone who express in the respective chats intrest to help planning would be mask as such, which will be updated every week. (So the mods won't be grumpy) and we'll check activity every 2 months.

Recruitment
I personally don't see any change needed for this although it would be great if the google form is posted somewhere easy to find. Hopefully after the launch of the dispatch project of the MoE would help clear this up.

Google Sheets and Docs
I would like to borrow Seraph's Sheets here. Since I think it would be great to have a list of projects and how rush are we on it. Also every event should have a planning google doc. (But it will be decided as a group if we really need that)

Deputies
Of course, I will have deputies which would help me oversee the planning of events and maybe help me make decisions and other stuff. (I'm not sure yet)

Cautions and Notes 

Caution
I may averaged lower time given to the ministry compared to other candidates as said in the big events section, but I won't repeat mistakes of old administrations. As I'm changing schools I don't know how much time I'll be able to give to the ministry or how much things will change. (But since this may be the only chance for me to run for an office for a long time, I'm doing this) I may need to relegate my work to the deputies when I'm busy. (Finals) If I were to really unable to give my time to the ministry I would resign immediately. If this is a red flag for you, please vote for other candidates as I'm sure they are good for the job.

And in the end not all of the ideas here will happen, all candidates overpromise. It's up to whether there's interest or enough resources to make it happen.

Notes
Wow, almost every office is contested maybe I should renounce my candidacy for MoC then go for MoE since I do participate in it. (So that every office would be contested) At this point contesting uncontested candidates is probably my hobby. (Like that time with PH but this time I'm serious)

I'm fine with other candidates taking my ideas to use if they win as I would love to see any of these events happen.

Also, I hope there aren't any typos here.

Conflict of Interest 

Nations
My main nation is Holy Free. My puppets are Ikoania and Tin the Free. My CTE'd nations are Very Significant, Total Serenity Perpetually, Gremonia, For Dector.

My TSP positions
The only CoI related position I have is Deputy Chair of Assembly. I'm a member of the MoC and MoE. (My application for MoM is still pending) Also Craziest.

Involvement in other Regions
I'm a resident in Inferno Stellaria.

Thanks for reading. 
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO PUT HERE
[-] The following 7 users Like Tin the Free's post:
  • anjo, Free Las Pinas, HumanSanity, im_a_waffle1, Proctethia, Somyrion, Stan Melix

Generally, I have a positive view of this campaign. It's nice to see someone active in RP run for MoC. Anyway, I still have some questions, as always :)

How will you make sure that activities such as Gartic Phone are run? Will there be a monthly Culture Calendar system for such events, or something else?

How will you make sure that larger events/festivals are successful?

What do you mean when you say you want to "check activity every two months"?

Will you be using cultural events to pursue an interregional agenda (for example, events with allies)?

Why are you interested in culture?
[-] The following 2 users Like Purple Hyacinth's post:
  • Stan Melix, Tin the Free

How do you approach collaborative work or tasks? In my experience, a lot of NS event planning (especially larger, interregional events, although you've said these may take a backseat in your term) is both rewarding and stressful because it involves collaborative work with others who you may not know well or who may flake. How do you manage both the task itself and yourself in a situation like that?
Minister of Foreign Affairs
General of the South Pacific Special Forces
Ambassador to Balder
Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense

[Image: rank_general.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_3.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg]

[Image: ykXEqbU.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like HumanSanity's post:

You mentioned that you would be unable to host Pacific-Con due to RL matters, which I believe is absolutely okay. If there was an appetite for a second event, what steps would you take to help along with the process of organizing and hosting one?
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 2 users Like Jay Coop's post:

(06-05-2021, 12:58 PM)Purple Hyacinth Wrote: Generally, I have a positive view of this campaign. It's nice to see someone active in RP run for MoC. Anyway, I still have some questions, as always Smile

How will you make sure that activities such as Gartic Phone are run? Will there be a monthly Culture Calendar system for such events, or something else?

How will you make sure that larger events/festivals are successful?

What do you mean when you say you want to "check activity every two months"?

Will you be using cultural events to pursue an interregional agenda (for example, events with allies)?

Why are you interested in culture?

Thanks, Hya.

Any volunteer who's available when most of the South Pacificians are awake would be able to run the event. As we would need to experiment on when do South Pacificians who expressed interest in joining the event are awake. (We may even have many rounds during the day for the first month) After that I hope we would have a set time to run the event because if interests are low the planners interest will fade too. (I could also host the event too, if no one volunteered)

We would probably continue the Culture Calendar since I think not only such events should be on the calendar, I mean if we put (for example) Coalition Day Celebration in there we could increase the chance gameside would know about big events too.

As I never planned an event, (successful one anyways) But I will use the advice and structure from former MoRas like Agalaesia in this NS Today article or Escade in this thread and reading the old MoRa discord proved to be a help. I'm sure I can learn even if I'm not great at it or never done it before.

Just checking if you still want to be in the MoC. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ *pinging intensify*

I would probably say yes, but as I said I may not reach out to other regions but I would still try to collaborate if they reached out. (Note: I may not have understand this question fully)

Well I've been looking into running in an election for a while but don't feel that confident, but after the NSCW stuff I thought I would give this a try. Also there are some stuff that I would like to see someday made by the ministry like (examples which I'm unable to do right now) a drama llama banknote design, or a regional anthem like in Tisha's campaign. (To Melix: Royal anthems exist, I considered 'Hail Delegate' as a "Delegate anthem" since if you change the last line, it could be used for any region really like 'God save the Queen') Maybe if I could lay some ground maybe those ideas would happen. Also, then I could use the Cabinet twitter!

(06-05-2021, 04:30 PM)HumanSanity Wrote: How do you approach collaborative work or tasks? In my experience, a lot of NS event planning (especially larger, interregional events, although you've said these may take a backseat in your term) is both rewarding and stressful because it involves collaborative work with others who you may not know well or who may flake. How do you manage both the task itself and yourself in a situation like that?

I think all cabinets positions in TSP all involved collaborative work or tasks, since a Ministry isn't just one person. So it's unavoidable, patience and communication is key in these kinds of situation, as in my experiences one wrong sentence can definitely delay stuff. If they flake, I'm fine if they had a reasonable explanation why they, as sometimes we need to remember that NS is second to RL. If that happen I would encourage for them to tell this as fast as possible or this will turn to a big delay. So I could find a replacement (This is probably the best course of action) and if I can't I'll try to fill in if I have time but as I said in the campaign I may not be able to. And we would have to drop it or delay for later. (Let's hope it won't come to that) As for how I would manage myself, that part of the question is a little personal for me so I'm going to ask to not answer that.

(06-05-2021, 09:47 PM)Jay Coop Wrote: You mentioned that you would be unable to host Pacific-Con due to RL matters, which I believe is absolutely okay. If there was an appetite for a second event, what steps would you take to help along with the process of organizing and hosting one?

I may have misunderstood the word 'host' a bit, as I do take part in the RP in the banquet hall and the counting game. I do want to see a second event but yeah that RL thing, we'll see if I'll have time for it. If I were to help with the organizing and hosting? I've read back at your article for this. As the planning would probably take place in the server, and I hope to follow your footsteps: 
  • ​​​​​​Discussing with the other Pacifics about the date and what to include. (This list will be the same as last year's)
  • Finding panelists from our region.
  • Get the RP to be better this year.
  • More games like counting or think about.
  • Help the MoD on Warzone? (I don't know much about R/D)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tin the Free's post:
  • Stan Melix

As a candidate in the MoC election, will you commit to abstaining in the MoC election?

My History

So, from reading your campaign, from what I can gather, you have, more or less, thrust RP into the hands of the MoM and concluded that there is no work for the MoC to do. In my view, this is a very lazy approach. Given that RP is set out as a MoC responsibility, should you not be elbowing your way in and taking back control?
[-] The following 2 users Like Qaweritoyu's post:

Will there be Theme Thursdays for anime characters and superheroes?

My History

(06-06-2021, 04:20 PM)Jay Coop Wrote: As a candidate in the MoC election, will you commit to abstaining in the MoC election?

I will, I'll even vote for the other candidate I like most and abstain from voting myself.

(06-06-2021, 08:45 PM)Qaweritoyu Wrote: So, from reading your campaign, from what I can gather, you have, more or less, thrust RP into the hands of the MoM and concluded that there is no work for the MoC to do. In my view, this is a very lazy approach. Given that RP is set out as a MoC responsibility, should you not be elbowing your way in and taking back control?

No I don't think so, from my perspective the TIR is independent. (The MoM thing is from the wiki) As part of the TIR crew, I don't think I've join the MoM. (As stated by my CoI) The application form of the MoM don't even mention TIR. The responsibility of the MoC to the RP community is to support them where they need help, I think the current TIR is doing great in the time when motivation of the community is low. I'm not sure 'taking back control' will be any help. And that's why I said I will start more discussions since sometimes I can't RP something bc a lot of the discussions are dying out. (Like the Tropics or Where do humans first evolve? discussions) Also, NSCW is qwert's idea and we need help from the MoC to get the word out but you know what happened.

(06-07-2021, 02:40 AM)Jay Coop Wrote: Will there be Theme Thursdays for anime characters and superheroes?

If there's someone suggesting it then, yeah. Heck, we could even have the last Theme Thursday's winner to suggest some themes so then we can pick one. (So that they'll at least have to guess from the one they listed)
[-] The following 2 users Like Tin the Free's post:
  • Qaweritoyu, Stan Melix