We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Penguin for Delegate

So. Good time of day Folks. I hope everyone is having a wonderful time of day! 

This is the start of my campaign for Delegate. Now I will say that going against Seraph is a feat that I am looking forward to.  
My biggest goal is to help TSP be the best it can be. I know that Defending is what we do. I know that we have a responsibility to pay attention to the WA. (I will do better on that I promise!!) I endotart frequently! So hopefully the transition won't be to long! TSP is open and welcoming to all and I think it is the Delegate's job to make all new and old players feel like TSP can be and is their Home. 

The RMB plays a HUGE role in our region and They need to feel Just as important as the Forum side players. I try my hardest to stay abreast of the goings on there, but they are a breed of a different key stroke. :-) Most of whom are wonderful and I like them plenty. 

There will be more to this but in the mean time if y'all have any questions, feel free to ask them here. If you feel that I am leaving anything out, feel free to point that out too. You can reach me on the forums or on Discord. I'm always around somewhere :-) 

Here is my COI as well...

Current Member of Leg Comm
Current Member of CRS

~~I have been in TSP  since I was founded over 8 years ago. It has been sometime since I have actively participated in the Cabinet though. I have held the offices of MoFA and MoRA and most recently PM. I was a  General in SPSF under Drugged Monkeys like four names changes ago. I had an Interesting run as a GM for a bit. I was in the CSS back when that was a thing. I have been Dean of TSPU in 3 reboots (and currently too I guess when I get it back off the ground!)  I was Vice Delegate under Tsu for a term. (Please don’t ask for dates as I have no idea. Suffice to say they were mostly prior to 2016.) I am pretty sure that is everything. If you have something I missed please let me know!~~
This is Penguin!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay
Penguins shall one day rule the pie!
And by "pie", I mean "World"!!
Goddess Empress Queen Princess Lady of TSP 
Lilium Inter Spinas // Non timebo mala
I have done a lot of things in the Region in my History.
There's a list somewhere if you wanna go looking. 
[-] The following 8 users Like Penguin's post:
  • Amerion, Belschaft, Encaitar, HumanSanity, Jay Coop, Moon, Stan Melix, Witchcraft and Sorcery

If elected, can we count on you to cast your vote in the World Assembly in a timely manner?
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 3 users Like Jay Coop's post:
  • HumanSanity, Moon, Penguin

Is it true that if elected you plan to open 10 new pie factories?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
[-] The following 2 users Like Kris Kringle's post:
  • Jay Coop, Penguin

Most definitely. Voting in the way the region decides as soon as the majority is reached is necessary. We have a responsibility to the rest of nation states to make sure our voices are heard and that they are represented.
This is Penguin!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay
[-] The following 2 users Like Penguin's post:
  • Jay Coop, Moon

Kris Kringle
Chief Justice

1 minute ago

“Is it true that if elected you plan to open 10 new pie factories”

No comment. Please reach out to my campaign manager or my press secretary if there are more questions.
This is Penguin!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay

Can you describe how you hope to work with SWAN?

Can you elaborate on how you hope to work with OWL?

Do you have specific ideas for how to increase our endorsement counts beyond just generically being skilled at endotarting?
[Image: AfI6yZX.png]
Aumeltopia ~

[Image: fKnK6O4.png]
Auphelia Wrote:Raccoons are bandits! First they steal your food . . .
and then your heart/identity!

(07-02-2021, 01:17 AM)Somyrion Wrote: Can you describe how you hope to work with SWAN?

Can you elaborate on how you hope to work with OWL?

Do you have specific ideas for how to increase our endorsement counts beyond just generically being skilled at endotarting?

Sorry for the delay - Migraines are a bleeper.

I would like to do more of the endorsement days and work with MoE to see other ways we could get the community to follow through with that part of the process. I think that  the SWAN awards are swell but maybe we can offer a prize or something to entice WA members to endotart. Maybe cards if that's what they are into? Or a place in the WFE for a day or two if they are the highest Torter. Straight up no lie- Sometimes this stuff can be a wee bit boring and confusing for new people. We need new ways that are efficient, fun, and educational to make it worth the attention it needs to get what we want and need. A person can't be Delegate if the Region doesn't Back them. We need to make sure we have a reason for them to Want to. (Besides the necessary stuff.)  

OWL - This is another part of the game that is not as simple as it seems. In TSP we have a handful of people who regularly vote using OWL. 
(That I am aware of, if that is wrong Please correct me.) I willingly admit to confusion when it comes to matters of the WA, both SA and GA. GP is not a very friendly environment (again at least to me) and most of this has to do with the fact that I am strictly a TSPer and don't really know many things about things outside of here. I have people I trust to answer any questions I have about things. As I mentioned above, I do plan to vote in every vote needed. It is the Responsibility of not only a Delegate but also of TSP to make sure our voice is heard in things. 

I know that as Delegate, the TGs can be crazy. I firmly believe, as I post regularly, that my TGs and DMs will be open for everyone. I am an open screen to anyone who just needs someone to read. I AM NOT A DOCTOR! (Despite Dr. Pen - whom you can feel free to write to if you have a question you want answered!!) But I am a empathetic, sympathetic person who is here to do her best for TSP and anyone who needs it. 

I'm gonna be plain with y'all. I know that of the three of us, I am the one who has to prove to you that I can be Great for TSP. I know that both Seraph and Amerion will be fantastic choices but I REALLY hope you choose me. I can be Fantastic too. Let me show you that I'm not just here to bake some PIE. I can be here for TSP too.
This is Penguin!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay
[-] The following 3 users Like Penguin's post:
  • Encaitar, Moon, Seraph