We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[Debate] [IC] Resolution to call for the trial of Izaakia and Rhayna - Nov. 2021

My fellow esteemed delegates to the Assembly,

As advised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs today, I am introducing another proposal to this high house, this time on the topic of calling for a trial against the countries of Izaakia and Rhayna, as my fellow delegates find that suspending these two countries may not be the best decision in the long run. I have already stated my points in my resolution to suspend the membership of the United States of Izaakia and the United Provinces of Rhayna, Alla-gy and Nea-gy, however for those who have not been briefed on this topic, and since I am also recommended to state all my arguments in this resolution, I shall reiterate it.

On the 10th of October, the Speaker of the Assembly, Noor Aqaba put the Esfalsan proposition on the issue with Nicholas and Great Britain to a vote. The results were overwhelming for the proposition with only 2 nays and 1 abstention, with Izaakia, and Rhayna especially voting aye. However, within this voting period, the United States of Izaakia circumvented this proposition, which was meant to provide a way to enforce the condemnation of the Communist Empire of Nicholas and Great Britain without going to war as proposed by the Izaakian delegate, by declaring war on Nicholas and Great Britain on the 2nd of November. Soon after, the United Provinces of Rhayna, Alla-gy and Nea-gy also declared war against Nicholas and Great Britain on the 4th of November. Soon after, many assaults have been made on Nicholas and Great British territory, including one which endangered the head of state of a non-belligerent, the Honourable King of Sedunn, Vimmru II.

These gross imperialist tendencies are fabricated with the excuses of "human rights" and the "liberation of the Romodorian people", and even though I have no support for the Communist Empire of Nicholas and Great Britain whatsoever, even their genocide against the Romodorians, as shown in my appeal to this high house on the 8th of September. I'm also reiterating that I am angered when countries part of the World Forum who vote for a resolution for peace currently decide to circumvent it entirely and go to war, plunging the surrounding region into chaos and depression, which would be a clear sign that this Forum is useless and merely a convention and might as well be dissolved. However, since the International Court exists, and since Izaakia and Rhayna have not been suspended yet, which would make it more easier to bring a case against them, it is possible to bring justice on crooks who deceive and cheat the international community at everyone but them's expense.

I find the tenet in the World Forum charter to be violated by these two Governments;

The Charter Wrote:Charter, Art. 1, Sec. A, No. 1
The purpose of the World Forum shall be to maintain peace, order, and stability in the world. The member states of the World Forum shall take collective action to ensure that all threats to the peace, order, or stability among them are suppressed.

Therefore, I would like to request the ability to open a vote on a call to trial the Governments of the United States of Izaakia and the United Provinces of Rhayna, Alla-gy and Nea-gy under Res. 1b, Sec. B, No. 1a of the Constitution of the International Court.

Thank you for listening.

Celetol Ethelineda
Ambassador to the World Forum
Department of Besernian Missions - World Forum
Federal Republic of Besern
[Image: UFog2ZY.png]

The Federal Republic of GI-Land seconds this proposal.

Helene Meise
Ambassador of the Federal Republic of GI-Land
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

Embassador Celetol Ethelineda,

The United Provinces of Rhayna, Alla-gy and Néa-gy rejects this call for trial, as, with all due respect, the World Forum does not appear to have learned enough from this situation.

Keeping the peace is the job of all the nations of the World Forum, and my government and Izaakia voted Aye precisely for that reason, but, because of bureaucratic or other reasons, we were not seeing that any action was affecting N&GB.

Apart from that, with your pardon, we find it slanderous that they are labeling us UPRAN as having "imperialist tendencies", when we were trying to do the job that the WF could not do.

In the long run N&GB was going to produce problems with trade routes in southern Cordilia, it is never good to leave a tin-pot dictator at ease, and it is insulting that the Romordians and their crisis are reduced to a heap of paperwork.

The UPRAN government already officially declared that they were going to withdraw from N&GB when they achieved the independence of Romordia, and that their only actions after this were going to be the financial support of the Romordians.

The World Forum should have learned more from this situation, and it is that what they do not do, others will end up doing in a worse way.

Apart from all this, we are not going to talk about the purposes that Izaakia had because we do not know them one hundred percent, but we would like to remember that we only supported Izaakia in the disabling of anti-aircraft installations, and that after the use of the TÉR -2500, its large size and carrying capacity was used to perform civilian rescue missions.

We would like this event to mean something for the World Forum, and for them to start taking real action, because at the moment, what we are seeing is that they are putting us as criminals and Nicholas as a victim, instead of Nicholas as the criminal and the victims to all of Cordilia.

We may stop our interventions in N&GB if the WF promises to do anything in their hands to stop Nicholas, keep him in his place and recognizes Romordians independence, and after that we may accept the required punishment for the UPRAN.

Thank you for hearing.

Andreus Savvidis
Embassador of the United Provinces of Rhayna, Alla-gy and Néa-gy
[-] The following 1 user Likes UPRAN's post:
  • Ryccia

Esteemed colleagues, 

we welcome the request by the Besernian Ambassador Ethelineda to the Assembly. The causes of the actions made by the United States of Izaakia and UPRAN are understandable and Eflad recognises their concerns but wants clarify that it is the esssence of teh World Forum to organise multilaterall action. We understand that it might seem slow and inefficient to wait until a resolution is passed but with this we ensure that there is control and no unthought trough action. Saying that because it takes time for the WF to show consequences to justify unilateral action is absurd. We shouldn't forget that due to actions taken by the WF the genocide of the Romordian people was prevented. To then justify the actions of the USI and UPRAN on the alleged unaction of the World Forum is, again bluntly said, absurd.

Eflad thirds the motion to present this case to the International Court as this would set a precedent in which the World Forum itself would show that non-compliance with the charter will not be tolerated.
If UPRAN had wanted to act for the better of the Romordian people they would have submitted a resolution to this very chamber and would have given all their effort to pass it and enforce it instead of circumventing the World Forum and doing it without the support of the global community. Furthermore, the actions that shall be taken by this very institution would show that justifying one's actions based on the claim that the World Forum isn't fast enough, without even giving the slightest of chance for the enactment of the resolution passed by the World Forum, doesn't hold up.

Eflad will support this resolution.

Thank you.

Dr. Lina Frere,
Ambassador of the Technocratic Republic of Eflad

My fellow delegates, 

This proposition is an outrage, the consequences for us acting to protect this region and the people of N&GB from their tyrannical government appear to be worse than the consequences of the rampant human rights abuses and the flagrant threats to the international community. We should not forget that whilst a genocide of the Romordians has temporarily been abated, their abuse of human rights not just in Romordia but in all of N&GB has been long established and horrifically brutal. They have massacred foreigners and performed brutal genetic experiments on minorities. 
If you have chosen not to act to bring self determination and liberty to the Romordian people and the people of wider N&GB, then you should not attempt to tie the hands of those who are willing to put their lives on the line to protect those who need help. This attempt to bring us before a court is nothing more than an attempt to besmirch our reputation in the international community by a small minority of nations in the north Cordillian region so they can bring themselves back into the forefront of international politics. 
They slander us with terms like imperialism and dishonesty. But we are not dishonest, we are standing for what we believe whilst nations of lesser resolve talk a good game but refuse to act. We stand on the side of democracy and freedom and yet we are slandered with the label of imperialist, despite our actions against a nuclear armed nation with open aims to conquer the world. Or do we not now believe the account of the king of Sedunn? 
If you choose to take us to court, you have proven that this is an organisation only to further the power of a few nations in north Cordillia and their new military alliance which threatens to destabilise the balance of power. If the focus of this organisation is no longer to bring Justice and liberty for people who are oppressed, but to further the corrupt slanderous agenda of the northern nations. Then this organisation has lost its soul, and if this organisation has lost its soul and its heart then there is no value in this organisation. We Izaakians have not lost our soul, and we have not lost our heart and no matter the outcome of this witch-hunt, we will not lose our resolve. It is not we who must change, it is the weak bureaucratic functions of international diplomacy and the action adverse nations of the north that must change. The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing, I beg you to remember this when you deliberate on this matter.

Gustave Graves,
Ambassador of the USI
Gianni: “Izaakia, I hate you so much. You’re such a good bad guy. Must be because of your genes“.
Gianni, 21:42 14 Dec 2020, # Pacifica Discussion
[-] The following 1 user Likes Izaakia's post:
  • Besern

Embassador Dr. Lina Frere,

We would like to remind that thanks to the interventions in N&GB the October, 21 of 2021 the battalions sent to eradicate the Romordians were relocated to the border to fight the intervention while the World Forum was occupied with propositions. This notice was said by Nicholas himself. If it wasn't of the intervention 6 million people would have been killed.

The World Forum is awarding itself merits that it never got. We understand that it was a mistake to circumvent the WF in such a way, and we are willing to receive sanctions if necessary, but it is an insult that the World Forum let 6 million civilians die and that it takes credit for "saving" them.

As we said, we are willing to receive sanctions, but this organization has to accept that they are inefficient and did not help the Romordians.

If not, we may be leaving the World Forum, because it is obviously not doing its job and is blaming others for its ineffectiveness.

Do something to stop it, we will rescue the victims in the meantime.

Thanks for hearing.

Andreus Savvidis

Ambassador Savvidis,

with all due respect, what you're saying here is nonsense. I don't know, if you read the news lately, but the protocol of the meeting between Vimmru of Sedunn and Nicholas was officially published and one can clearly read, that the leader of NAGB was and is afraid of WF intervention.
I can fully understand, that you wanted to have swifter action, that you want to help people on the other side of your own border out of their misery. This is a noble cause and yes, the WF might be slow in emergency situations. Speaker Aqaba already mentioned, we might need a security council or mechanisms for such special situations to act quicker. This criticism is accepted and we will work on it hopefully sooner than later.
Still blaming the WF for a potential killing of six million people, a plan at the very least postponed, if not fully abandoned, once it was clear, the WF planned to intervene in some shape of form in NAGB, that's not honest.
We were agreeing on sanctions, which could've been either an instrument sufficient for Nicholas to step back from his plans or at least would've given us the time needed to find a compromise on the topic, if, how and when we will send peacekeeping troops to NAGB. You circumvented it and tied the hands of the WF, not the other way around. 
Stop twisting the facts.

And now to you, Mr. Graves.
I don't know, what pills you are taking, but maybe you should go see your doctor and get new ones, because those you currently take clearly seem to give you hallucinations.
The World Forum shall fight for arbitration of disputes and for peace on Pacifica. We have a scope and certain instruments, with which we can reach that goal. It is clear, that we are not allowed to act outside of our scope and that we should use our instruments one after the other and not get out the military immediately, because believe it or not - I know you don't anyway: Military solutions are not always, some would say almost never, the best solution to resolve a conflict. Whether this was the case here or not, we will never know, because you simply made facts without the approval of pretty much anyone here. You always focus on your goals, on your sphere of influence, on how you can use grey zones or areas, the WF is slow in to your advantage. Never since Izaakia joined this organisation, did you really show any honest will to work together with us, except maybe during the "inauguration speech" of Aqaba.
That you think, that countries like GI-Land, Frost, Besern and other nations with warm relations to those, just want to gain more power, is a slap in the face of the entire international community and this organisation. No, we simply want things to be done in a correct and thought out manner. We want problems to be solved and not be replaced by new problems, that you will cause with the war. If you want to call that a slanderous agenda, then yes, we seem to follow such one.

At the end, I want to ask a sincere question to both of you, but especially to the Izaakian delegate. Maybe he can enlighten me:
Seeing how you like circumventing and badmouthing our organisation and its members and how you will do what you want anyway in any case: What's the sense of this organisation, if we all should just do it our own way in the end? What's the sense of this organisation, if we come together here, want to find a compromise and the members be like: "Well, but I don't like that compromise, so I don't give a damn". We don't make tea time here, we really want to solve the problems. And I don't only talk about the situation in Crabry, I talk about the continuous sentiment you bring into this Assembly. It would really interest me, what you think is the sense of this forum, because I have the feeling, we are not on the same page in that regard and maybe this needs arbitration.

Helene Meise
Ambassador of the Federal Republic of GI-Land
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)
[-] The following 1 user Likes GI-Land's post:
  • Besern

Embassador Meise,

Let me remind this again.

Andreus Savvidis

To the Honourable Speaker,

The resolution has already been seconded by the delegates of GI-Land and Eflad.

Celetol Ethelineda
Ambassador to the World Forum
Department of Besernian Missions - World Forum
Federal Republic of Besern
[Image: UFog2ZY.png]

Thank you for all the debate before we called the vote. I believe we have heard enough to proceed to a vote. 

Dear Assembly members please vote on the following question. 

“Should the Assembly of the World Forum call a trial against United States of Izaakia and the United Provinces of Rhayna, Alla-gy and Nea-gy on the N&GB situation under Res. 1b, Sec. B, No. 1a of the Constitution of the International Court?”

Speaker Noor Aqaba
Gianni: “Izaakia, I hate you so much. You’re such a good bad guy. Must be because of your genes“.
Gianni, 21:42 14 Dec 2020, # Pacifica Discussion