The South Pacific
Admin/Mod Requests - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Waterfront District (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Operations Center (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Admin/Mod Requests (/thread-2507.html)

RE: Admin/Mod Requests - Omega - 05-18-2016

I still haven't heard anything from y'all on my request. If someone could tell me what's going on that would be great. Thanks!

RE: Admin/Mod Requests - Kris Kringle - 05-19-2016

The Admin Team thinks you would be fine using the Civil and Political Organisation Centre as it currently is, for the time being. While you do seem to be generating some content as of late, we also took into account the overall aim of keeping a reduced amount of subforums, for ease of browsing, and the fact that the Centre does not have much activity that APC threads might hinder. We are of course open to revisiting this issue should conditions change, but for now we think it would be best if the APC kept using the main Centre.

I would also like the apologise for the time we took to answer. This should have been quicker, and ideally it will be so in the future.

RE: Admin/Mod Requests - Omega - 05-19-2016

Thanks for considering and we look forward to continuing a positive relationship with the admin team.

RE: Admin/Mod Requests - Roavin - 05-30-2016

Dear Admin Team,

the MoRA is preparing a festival starting Thursday. For that, we will need a sub-forum (I think it's historically been called "Celebration Pavillion"). Moderators should be Punchwood, Kris Kringle, Cathalea, and myself (but please leave me out if the admin team feels even fleetingly uncomfortable bestowing mod powers on a "newbie").

Deployment to the public should be on June 2 at 00:00 GMT.

Thanks!

RE: Admin/Mod Requests - Punchwood - 05-30-2016

(05-19-2016, 12:15 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote:
The Admin Team thinks you would be fine using the Civil and Political Organisation Centre as it currently is, for the time being. While you do seem to be generating some content as of late, we also took into account the overall aim of keeping a reduced amount of subforums, for ease of browsing, and the fact that the Centre does not have much activity that APC threads might hinder. We are of course open to revisiting this issue should conditions change, but for now we think it would be best if the APC kept using the main Centre.

I would also like the apologise for the time we took to answer. This should have been quicker, and ideally it will be so in the future.

While I may not disagree with the fact that the APC does not currently need it's own sub-forum (may is the important word there) I do want to ask why the SPINN still requires one. It has not been active since November of last year whereas the APC has been active this whole month (including today). Is it not unfair to grant a newspaper company that has not been active for more than 6 months (almost 7)  it's own sub-fourm yet not grant an active political party one?

RE: Admin/Mod Requests - Roavin - 05-31-2016

(05-30-2016, 04:10 PM)Roavin Wrote: Dear Admin Team,

the MoRA is preparing a festival starting Thursday. For that, we will need a sub-forum (I think it's historically been called "Celebration Pavillion"). Moderators should be Punchwood, Kris Kringle, Cathalea, and myself (but please leave me out if the admin team feels even fleetingly uncomfortable bestowing mod powers on a "newbie").

Deployment to the public should be on June 2 at 00:00 GMT.

Thanks!

Bump - sorry to be a nuisance, but there are only 26.5 hours left.

RE: Admin/Mod Requests - Belschaft - 05-31-2016

(05-30-2016, 05:39 PM)Punchwood Wrote:
(05-19-2016, 12:15 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote:

While I may not disagree with the fact that the APC does not currently need it's own sub-forum (may is the important word there) I do want to ask why the SPINN still requires one. It has not been active since November of last year whereas the APC has been active this whole month (including today). Is it not unfair to grant a newspaper company that has not been active for more than 6 months (almost 7)  it's own sub-fourm yet not grant an active political party one?

SPIN/SPINN is a TSP institution and has been around for the best part of a decade; time and time again it's been taken up by a new TSPer, who has reinvigorated it for their time as EiC; APC is a partisan, political organisation, which is likely to be transient - as have all previous attempts to start a political party in TSP.

There's no comparison between the two.

RE: Admin/Mod Requests - Punchwood - 05-31-2016

I never said there was. I'm just say the fact is SPINN has been inactive for 6 months, the APC is currently active. You can't allow an inactive group have it's own sub-forum but deny an active group it's own sub-forum. We aren't talking about the past of SPINN or the future of the APC we are talking about the present. Anyway I'm not saying the APC needs it's own sub-forum however anyone could see the unfairness of the situation.

RE: Admin/Mod Requests - Belschaft - 05-31-2016

Present activity isn't the sole barometer of something's value; the Court hasn't been used for quite some time, should we shut down it's subforum?

The vast majority of the APC threads have, to be quite frank, little in the way of actual content and could be quite easily combined into one thread. Further, it is a partisan organisation rather than something common to TSP. It is obvious that this is not something that is going to be treated the same as a TSP institution, and I don't understand how you can simultaneously acknowledge this distinction yet demand equal treatment; it's nonsensical.

Admin/Mod Requests - sandaoguo - 05-31-2016

For what it's worth, when we get around to forum reorganization/upkeep, SPINN will almost certainly be archived if nobody takes the helm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk