The South Pacific
2017 APC Party Summit- Structure of the Party - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Hall of Historical Records (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-141.html)
+---- Forum: Downtown South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-57.html)
+----- Forum: Civic and Political Organization Center (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-23.html)
+------ Forum: Alliance for Preservation of the Coalition (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-286.html)
+------ Thread: 2017 APC Party Summit- Structure of the Party (/thread-4886.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: 2017 APC Party Summit- Structure of the Party - Griffindor - 02-25-2017

(02-24-2017, 08:42 PM)Escade Wrote: I like the idea of a secretary, Spenty.

As do I!

(02-24-2017, 09:57 PM)Omega Wrote: I think the Secretary could be established by the APCRC without structure amendment.

I actually disagree, it would be a formal position within the party. Would we elect them or appoint them? Would they be a member of the APCRC? Depending on what the answers to those questions are would be where the amendment goes in the charter.

Do we have any person in the party (or out of the party looking for a party) that would want the secretary job?

I also think we should formalize the Recruitment position to the Chair, but allow them to delegate that power should they so choose.

RE: 2017 APC Party Summit- Structure of the Party - Tim - 02-25-2017

Quote:Hey everyone, is there anything y'all would want to change about the structure of our party?
How does the APC plan to make itself appear less thirsty and clingy for new members in the future, whether through new leadership or a recruitment strategy that actually makes sense?

When I first joined the Assembly recently, I got a Private Message from Griffindor about joining the APC. I ignored it, because I wasn't particularly interested. Three months later, when I once again got active on the forums, I again received a Private Message from Griffindor about joining the APC. It wasn't even personalized, the entire copy/paste was talking about "receiving guidance about the forum side of Nationstates" and such, completely turning me off the APC, especially given the fact that it would take less than a minute to check and realize that I'd been around long enough to know how a goddamn forum works. It didn't stop there though, because after I applied to join The Island League a few weeks later, I received yet another PM from Griffindor about joining the APC. This time, the PM was basically passive aggressively attacking TIL and asking me to join the APC instead. After I declined, there was a multi-PM chain asking me why I chose TIL over APC, and continually stressing that APC was still an open option.

By this point, Griffindor had annoyed me enough that there was no way in hell I would, at any point, consider joining the APC. The recruitment tactics were frankly unprofessional, initially impersonal, and eventually seemed centered more around attacking TIL than actually promoting any non-fluff aspects of the APC.

So, again, my question. How does the APC intend to, in the future, have a recruitment strategy based around something a bit more than persistence to the point of being just plain annoying, as well as unprofessional attacks on the other parties.

RE: 2017 APC Party Summit- Structure of the Party - Omega - 02-25-2017

(02-25-2017, 06:08 PM)Tim Wrote:
Quote:-Snip-

So we never had a recruitment strategy and griffin was just kind of put in charge of recruitment. But over the last few weeks, I have been working with him on it. I don't yet know what the plan will be but it will be a lot less copy and paste. I believe since about early February we halted the just copy/paste recruitment strategy. Currently, I have been leaning toward looking at what people are doing and if they appear to agree with our principles, and then discussing with them the APC. I either forgot or did not know about the attacking TIL part though however, that will definitely be struck from any recruitment strategy.

RE: 2017 APC Party Summit- Structure of the Party - Griffindor - 02-25-2017

(02-25-2017, 06:58 PM)Omega Wrote:
(02-25-2017, 06:08 PM)Tim Wrote:
Quote:-Snip-

So we never had a recruitment strategy and griffin was just kind of put in charge of recruitment. But over the last few weeks, I have been working with him on it. I don't yet know what the plan will be but it will be a lot less copy and paste. I believe since about early February we halted the just copy/paste recruitment strategy. Currently, I have been leaning toward looking at what people are doing and if they appear to agree with our principles, and then discussing with them the APC. I either forgot or did not know about the attacking TIL part though however, that will definitely be struck from any recruitment strategy.

I completely agree that we need to update our membership recruitment process, which is why I addressed the position a few hours ago. As Omega said, we have been working on a new baseline draft/guideline for a few weeks now, and hope to have some sort of product soon.

Tim, I am sorry if you thought I was attacking you or TIL, that was not at all my intention. Sometimes, the true tone of a verbal conversation is lost over text conversation.

RE: 2017 APC Party Summit- Structure of the Party - Spenty - 02-26-2017

(02-25-2017, 12:55 PM)Griffindor13 Wrote:
(02-24-2017, 08:42 PM)Escade Wrote: I like the idea of a secretary, Spenty.

As do I!

(02-24-2017, 09:57 PM)Omega Wrote: I think the Secretary could be established by the APCRC without structure amendment.

I actually disagree, it would be a formal position within the party. Would we elect them or appoint them? Would they be a member of the APCRC? Depending on what the answers to those questions are would be where the amendment goes in the charter.

Do we have any person in the party (or out of the party looking for a party) that would want the secretary job?
We could elect them as an APCRC member.

So if we have 3 APCRC members, one will be the chair, one will be the vice chair and one will be the secretary.

Or would you want the vice-chair to be the party secretary instead?

RE: 2017 APC Party Summit- Structure of the Party - Griffindor - 02-26-2017

I actually like the idea of making them the secretary.. it gives them an official job, after aiding the chair..

@Escade you voiced support for a secretary position, would it be better if it was the vice chairs duty or a special position?

RE: 2017 APC Party Summit- Structure of the Party - Tim - 02-28-2017

Quote:Tim, I am sorry if you thought I was attacking you or TIL, that was not at all my intention. Sometimes, the true tone of a verbal conversation is lost over text conversation.
You're really trying to claim you weren't? You're either really poor with your words, or that's just some really blatant bullshit. Also, clearly didn't even read my post because I didn't mention being attacked by you at all. I simply mentioned that you couldn't even be arsed to research someone before sending them repeated copy-pasta PMs, and that was pretty sad.

RE: 2017 APC Party Summit- Structure of the Party - Griffindor - 03-01-2017

Well, so far, we have the following proposed amendments:

Article 3.1.d added: Allowing the APCRC to create party rules.

Article 3.3.c revised: Expanding the membership of the APCRC.

We now have the secretary position and recruitment position (under the chair control, with the power to delegate) needing to be worked out still.

Anything else you want to see added/fixed? Anyone have any further comments/drafts with the recruitment position and secretary position?

RE: 2017 APC Party Summit- Structure of the Party - Escade - 03-01-2017

On the aspect of recruitment, I suggest that we form a positive message and also update and inform the RMB of the party and its goals.

I would like to look at the party platform more closely but won't get time till the weekend!

RE: 2017 APC Party Summit- Structure of the Party - Griffindor - 03-01-2017

Great suggestions! So you think we should stick our party on gameside as well? Sounds doable, would the admins allow it?