The South Pacific
[DISCUSSION] Universal Design Code - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Hall of Historical Records (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-141.html)
+---- Forum: Fudgetopia Hall of Government (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-12.html)
+----- Forum: Government House (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-140.html)
+------ Forum: Ministry of Regional Affairs 2 (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-45.html)
+------ Thread: [DISCUSSION] Universal Design Code (/thread-6905.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

[DISCUSSION] Universal Design Code - Amerion - 02-21-2019

In addition to the necessary discussion on forum reorganisation, I would like us to also discuss the possibility of a universal design code. At the moment, every single one of our government institutions has a separate logo with little if any semblance to those of its counterparts (and it's driving me coco). To resolve this lack of coherent design, I propose we host a regional design contest wherein:
  • participants from TSP and abroad will be invited to submit either a portfolio of design concepts or a single concept (which can later be expanded across the board);
  • the Assembly votes on these concepts with a resolution (or another informal mechanism);
  • the two finalists or a number of finalists depending on the number of entrants then advance to gameside where they are voted using a regional poll; and
  • the entrant with the most votes is ultimately selected as the template. After which, we can adopt the concepts and/or our own designers can use it as a template to standardise existing logos.
As a reward for the winning entrant, I further propose that we provide a forum-side cosmetic benefit of some sort, such as masking them in a special colour for a set period of time, say three months. Alternatively or in addition, we can offer a significant amount of forum currency, to be deposited into the entrant's account if and when we establish such a system.

RE: [DISCUSSION] Universal Design Code - Poppy - 02-22-2019

I was looking through the different logos and was thinking , this isn't that bad they're pretty similar, then I got to the high court one, which looks nothing like the rest :p

This sounds like a good idea though ^-^

One quick question, not that I object to running this by the gameside community in the latter part of voting, but does that make much sense? I mean, it's not like it's affecting gameside, it's just for the forums, assuming I interpreted your post right. Or is there some other reason or maybe law why we're doing that, or are we just doing it cause why not? :p

RE: [DISCUSSION] Universal Design Code - Roavin - 02-22-2019

Very much in agreement on this, and in fact you kinda preempted me Tounge I wanted to start a thread on a regionwide design guide. I know we have several really talented artists around and if they pitch together I'm sure we'll end up with something wonderful.

[DISCUSSION] Universal Design Code - Kris Kringle - 02-22-2019

(02-22-2019, 12:20 AM)Poppy Wrote: I was looking through the different logos and was thinking , this isn't that bad they're pretty similar, then I got to the high court one, which looks nothing like the rest :p

I honestly prefer the High Court logo to the others. They look too colourful and upbeat for my taste.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

RE: [DISCUSSION] Universal Design Code - Amerion - 02-22-2019

(02-22-2019, 12:20 AM)Poppy Wrote: ... One quick question, not that I object to running this by the gameside community in the latter part of voting, but does that make much sense? I mean, it's not like it's affecting gameside, it's just for the forums, assuming I interpreted your post right. Or is there some other reason or maybe law why we're doing that, or are we just doing it cause why not? :p

I suggested it because why not Tounge

I do not mind restricting the regional vote to the forum though.

(02-22-2019, 08:03 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote: I honestly prefer the High Court logo to the others. They look too colourful and upbeat for my taste.

I think you mentioned it before but who designed the High Court logo?

RE: [DISCUSSION] Universal Design Code - Poppy - 02-22-2019

(02-22-2019, 08:03 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote: I honestly prefer the High Court logo to the others. They look too colourful and upbeat for my taste.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk 

I wasn't saying it was bad, just not really like the others :p If we were to follow my taste, though, everything would be either pink, rainbow, or black >~> Maybe I shouldn't give any suggestions >~<
(02-22-2019, 09:00 AM)Amerion Wrote:
(02-22-2019, 12:20 AM)Poppy Wrote: ... One quick question, not that I object to running this by the gameside community in the latter part of voting, but does that make much sense? I mean, it's not like it's affecting gameside, it's just for the forums, assuming I interpreted your post right. Or is there some other reason or maybe law why we're doing that, or are we just doing it cause why not? :p

I suggested it because why not Tounge

I do not mind restricting the regional vote to the forum though.   

It doesn't have to be necessarily, I was just thinking that might make more sense since it seems more of a forum issue than anything that concerns people gameside. It doesn't really have to be restricted to just a forum vote, it would work fine the other way too if that's what you think would work better, I just thought it might make more sense the other way ^-^

RE: [DISCUSSION] Universal Design Code - Bzerneleg - 02-23-2019

We should create a logo for the Prime Minister, delegate and the government of the South Pacific too.

RE: [DISCUSSION] Universal Design Code - Amerion - 02-23-2019

(02-22-2019, 09:08 PM)Poppy Wrote: ... I wasn't saying it was bad, just not really like the others :p If we were to follow my taste, though, everything would be either pink, rainbow, or black >~> Maybe I shouldn't give any suggestions >~<

*Forces Poppy to fill out a twelve-page suggestion form* Tounge

(02-22-2019, 09:08 PM)Poppy Wrote: ... It doesn't have to be necessarily, I was just thinking that might make more sense since it seems more of a forum issue than anything that concerns people gameside. It doesn't really have to be restricted to just a forum vote, it would work fine the other way too if that's what you think would work better, I just thought it might make more sense the other way ^-^

Honestly, I am indifferent to it. Although, I am rather curious to know what others think of a gameside round of voting.

(02-23-2019, 05:43 AM)Bzerneleg Wrote: We should create a logo for the Prime Minister, delegate and the government of the South Pacific too.

We will create a logo for every foreseeable position. It will be magnificently consistent Devil

RE: [DISCUSSION] Universal Design Code - Nakari - 02-23-2019

Counter-argument: Chaos isn't necessarily bad, having inconsistencies reflects the history and inconsistent cultures of the region, and means that people are free to update logos without feeling stuck to the pattern. :>

RE: [DISCUSSION] Universal Design Code - Amerion - 02-23-2019

(02-23-2019, 09:52 AM)Nakari Wrote: Counter-argument: Chaos isn't necessarily bad, having inconsistencies reflects the history and inconsistent cultures of the region, and means that people are free to update logos without feeling stuck to the pattern. :>

I agree to a certain degree. It is why I have held off on mounting a region-wide highly coordinated PR campaign; 'It's The South Pacific, not the South Pacific!!!'.

However, I do believe there must be consistency in logos. It need not be an uncreative reiteration of the same idea across every institution/position, but, at the very least, there should be some base template from which such logos are created using — much like a formatting guideline in government dispatches. I am thinking more broadly along the lines of a common design language rather than minute specifications.