The South Pacific
Join the Fellowship Programme - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Hall of Historical Records (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-141.html)
+---- Forum: South Pacific International Airport (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-99.html)
+----- Forum: Welcome Center (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-301.html)
+----- Thread: Join the Fellowship Programme (/thread-906.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Join the Fellowship Programme - Fluffy Sheep - 08-02-2015

Fluffy Sheep
Assembly Yes
Special Forces: Yes ( id like to learn this side of the gameplay)
Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Diplomatic Service) Yes
Ministry of Regional Affairs Yes

I just want to gain experience and also, get more involved in the game

RE: Join the Fellowship Programme - Zesathustria - 08-04-2015

Nation in the South Pacific: Zesathrium

Assembly: No
Special Forces: No
Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Diplomatic Service): No
Ministry of Regional Affairs: Yes
  • Southern Journal: Yes
  • Resident Spotlight: Yes
  • Historical Project: Yes
  • South Pacific Radio: YES
  • Trivia Shows and Quizzes: Yes
  • Seasonal Festivals: Yes
  • Games Development: Yes
Experience! - I'm (not kidding, honest, really, I promise) quite good at writing stuff for faux-news and journals and interviews and that sort of thing. Similarly, I'm generally unlikely to bias things and produce terrible articles since I've (no, really - why are you sniggering? Stop it, you, or else you'll be off to bed without supper) got some experience in writing stuff that some people actually read and didn't think it was awful. Even the evil examiners, looking - well, evil, gave my evil English Literature exam paper at A-Level an A* - and that's the hardest academic test in the Universe!*
History? Oh, deary me, yes, history is what I do for a living! Literally! I do nothing but read dusty old books and mull over the meaning of runes whilst smoking nothing illegal which never gets me good grades, incidentally. Radio? Why, music is one of my favourite things to listen to, above even that of the noises my grandmother made at night when she snored (quite the symphony of phlegmatic wrenching, I assure you, the stuff of nightmares, that) and the delicate shuffling noise that those bloody gnomes make in the garden when I'm trying to go spearfishing in the pond.
Where was I? Oh yes, trivia. Positively full of it. Absolutely to the brim. And that's just the stuff I'll make up. The real figures will be startlingly interesting. I guarantee it. That is, that you will be startled by the amount of stuff I'll make up. Stunned, gobsmacked, mouthpunched, tongue-tied in a dangly knot that looks like a little bow on a Christmas present. Except it's moist and it's a body part - I doubt the children'd be quite so excited by that. Maybe they'd laugh, perhaps? It does seem an odd notion, doesn't it! A-hah! Ha ha! A haha! Ha ha ha ha! A ha-cough! Cough! Cough! Cough! Cough! Hurgh! Hurgh! Hurgh! Hurgh! Hurgh! Huuurghh! Huurggghhh! A-woogh! Woogh! Wugh! Hurgh! A-k'huugh! Oooooh, dear, excuse me...
Ahem - cough - right, what? Oh yes, festivals. Right. Yes, I could host or perhaps adjudicate things or generally do whatever needs doing that I can do, you know, doing things that I could do that other's wouldn't do or be worse at doing or some such do-dad. I'd just do anything. Wouldn't want to go the way of the do-do.
Now what's that last thing? Oh, yes, let's see, games development! Ah, now, how about a game to do with our nation states, eh, wouldn't that be sly? Like a role-playing game where the dungeon-master adjudicates as the government of their nation, whilst the other players are playing as - ah! Yes! Ah hah! Genious! They - the other players - they're playing as tourists and score points for causing the most chaos and cultural disruption as they possibly can! See, I'm full of ideas. Positively full of it. True, you'll see.
Excuse me, I'm going to eat a banana. Good source of potassium, see, important that.

*I sourced some references on that to a Dr. Grordbort, who they didn't deny was a well known Communist literary academic from Bulgaria. He is. Promise. Nice man, large moustache. Tendency to fiddle with his forelock when talking to young girls, squinting over his half-moons with a nervous tick in the eye. Smells like soap and strong Belgian Trappist ale - goodness knows why, since I know for a fact he doesn't exist! Strange thing, the world, sometimes, you know. Very strange. Sometimes people even put lemon on pancakes instead of syrup, can you believe that? Strange!

Please share any past experiences you might have in the jobs you have selected, or tell us about your expectations about these new jobs!

RE: Join the Fellowship Programme - NewKravania - 08-11-2015

Nation in the South Pacific: New Kravania

Assembly: No
Special Forces: Yes
Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Diplomatic Service): No (would like to do this if not accepted into special forces)

When I first started Nation States I  participated in a campaign for my friend to become WA Deligate in their region, and we were successful. Since then I have taken a break, and am back and dedicated. In the real world, when I was at school, I was made a prefect and started a campaign to for the school council, in which I became the C Form Deputy Representative for two Years of Office. Also I have competed in a Mock Trial Team which has won law cases at national level (the first year I placed second as the Second Defence Lawyer at the Regional Bar Level). I have also been a member of our evening debate society. I was the Lead Editor for our school science magazine, and have run my own general newsletter to family, friends, and others for the last six years.
I get As in English, History, Physics, Art, and Geography at A Level.
I speak Native English, Working French, and Elementary Latin. 
I received 100% in my creative writing unit. 
I am a Patrol Leader in the Air Scouts ( the Air Force version of the Army Cadets that seems to spend the whole time flying aircraft, burning whole trees, and shooting at people who are tied to chairs; of course, we do normal cadet stuff too ). 

I definitely would like to work in the regional affairs department, but would like to gain rank somehow, as I have the greatest aspiration of becoming a delegate. I have said that I would like to join the special forces, but if you believe that the ministry of foreign affairs may suit my strengths further, I would rather join those. 
Thank you for reading my application, I hope to spend plenty of time working with you. 

RE: Join the Fellowship Programme - nirdheeshwar - 08-22-2015

Nation in the South Pacific: TCE

Assembly: Yes
Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Diplomatic Service): Yes

Please share any past experiences you might have in the jobs you have selected, or tell us about your expectations about these new jobs! :NIL

RE: Join the Fellowship Programme - Omega - 09-06-2015

Nation in the South Pacific: Federated States of Omega

Ministry of Regional Affairs: No

Sorry I'm new and I don't have any experience (yet).

RE: Join the Fellowship Programme - Kris Kringle - 09-06-2015

You must be a citizen in order to participate in the Assembly (I see you have already applied for citizenship). If you need guidance on what exactly the Assembly does, consulting Farengeto is the right call, since he is the Chairman.

Hileville is the Minister of Foreign Affairs, and will be more than happy to walk you through the different options on the diplomatic service and how you can rise through the ranks.

Hope this helps, and welcome!

RE: Join the Fellowship Programme - Scylla - 09-16-2015

Nation in the South Pacific: Scyllaland

Please share any past experiences you might have in the jobs you have selected, or tell us about your expectations about these new jobs!
No experience - looking forward to both the political and cultural aspects and generally being involved in the community

RE: Join the Fellowship Programme - Nuclear Death Land - 09-21-2015

Nation in the South Pacific: Nuclear Death Land

Assembly: No
Ministry of Regional Affairs:No

Want some fun, want to meet some new people and make friends.

RE: Join the Fellowship Programme - rhinotaz - 09-22-2015

Nation in the South Pacific: Noctenos

Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Diplomatic Service): No

Nothing beyond what I picked up from other players. Eager and ready to learn more.

RE: Join the Fellowship Programme - Kris Kringle - 09-23-2015

I am terribly sorry for the delay in processing. Everyone should be contacted now, with explanations on how to get involved in their chosen ministries, and from now on this will be better taken care of.