We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

What's going on in your life?
#2,381

Last Wednesday there was an event at my university where they gave a honorary doctorate to the President of Turkey:

Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
#2,382

You actually saw a dictator a president?! Of Turkey?!

You're so cool now. More cool in fact. You were already cool.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

#2,383

(02-06-2016, 10:49 PM)rhinotaz Wrote: :c

And yeah Ryccia. While most of the party happens in Rio, there are many Carnaval blocks all around the country. They will all probably be a bit smaller this time around due to the economy though. I would've gone to Rio anyway, but there's work stuff. ;;-;

Happy Carnaval anyways!

VIVA BRASIL!
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

#2,384

We also have Carnaval here in Venezuela Smile Every city usually organizes its own parades. It's not as famous, and the floats sometimes are cheaply made, but we enjoy it anyways. The best part: No school! Happywide

@Ryccia: I wouldn't call the guy a dictator... yet.

@Kris: The most I've seen was former President Chávez as he was making a speech. The thing is... I was too young at the time, so I don't remember it. My mom, on the other hand, was (and still is) a journalist, and she actually interviewed the guy during his successful presidential campaign in 1998. She also met the now President of the National Assembly, Henry Ramos Allup, when he was a mere Congressman in the early 2000's (the legislature was called Congress back then), and some other former presidents. She now works at public administration, so she doesn't make interviews anymore.
RandomGuy199
Representative of the Federal Republic of Karnetvor
Resident Venezuelan/Lampshade Bar & Grill Manager- The South Pacific
Soldier, South Pacific Special Forces

"You're talkin' to the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', wheelin' n' dealin', limousine ridin', jet flyin', son of a gun, and I'm having a hard time keeping these alligators down!"

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair
#2,385

That's really cool! I think Chávez was awful, but it would have been really interesting to meet him back when he was a candidate.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
#2,386

I finally got to see Goosebumps and The Martian. Both really good movies.
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:
#2,387

The Martian was nice. Another Matt Damon rescue movie for the pile. Tounge

<33
#2,388

Did you know Richard Rawlings has been in my city?
The Lord of Space and Protector of the TARDIS Keys of
The Solar System Scope

#2,389

Ryccia have no carnaval...just catholic patron parade... Og jeg ikke catholic! Sad

#2,390

Did you meet him, Scopie? :0

<33