We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

What's going on in your life?
#2,851

What's happening in my life right now is that my cat is trying to drive me mental by bringing in one or two birds (sometimes alive, sometimes dead) every day! I went to bed at an admittedly stupid hour last night, only to be delayed further by a poor bird corpse deposited near the wardrobe and this evening, whilst I was writing, I could hear the sounds of some kind of struggle upstairs. I venture up, expecting to find scenes of death and destruction and, instead, the cat is chasing a tiny wee thing under our old baby changing unit!

Fortunately the poor creature showed signs of being a little cleverer than most and was hiding pretty well, so I managed to rescue it and put it outside where the cat might not get it again. But, seriously, this is getting out of hand!
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8
#2,852

And I just had to do it again!!!!!
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

#2,853

Teach your cat to fear birds and then the problem is solved! I think...
The Lord of Space and Protector of the TARDIS Keys of
The Solar System Scope

#2,854

She did it again after I went to bed! Fortunately (for me, not the bird), that time I was able to shoo her out the cat flap and she didn't bring it back in again.

#2,855

We had a stray cat that we fed and it did that sometimes. That must mean that it loves its owners or caretakers(in this case, you).

That's just my theory, and its still adorable that they bring their caught prey to you. Its like an offering or something.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

#2,856

I'm so sick right now and I have this cough that makes it sound like I'm dying. I also have an unmissable music exam tomorrow and an event I haven't found a group to be in yet (cos they either ignore me or don't give an eff).
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:
#2,857

(05-25-2016, 05:41 AM)Ryccia Wrote: We had a stray cat that we fed and it did that sometimes. That must mean that it loves its owners or caretakers(in this case, you).

That's just my theory, and its still adorable that they bring their caught prey to you. Its like an offering or something.
Yeah, I know. I do try to be flattered, but when it happens 3 times whilst you're trying to go to bed it gets a lot more difficult!

#2,858

Most felines teach their young how to eat their food by bringing home dead or injured prey. That's the problem with female cats. She is spayed, I take it? c:

<33
#2,859

Yes.

#2,860

It really just is a highly evolved survival instinct. There isn't really much you can do beyond some light negative feedback. Y'know, the classic don't give her attention or reprimand her when she does it.

<33