We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

What's going on in your life?
#2,941

(06-26-2016, 08:04 PM)Muncipio de Neiva Wrote: Hi everyone! So this is whats going on in my life lol. I am dating once again, this is like the 5th time(i am only 15 btw). Last week i got a job at a coffee shop here. And this week, while my church youth group is away at camp, I am working at my church with World Changers, which is basically from the South and they build houses and preach, etc. We are giving them food and shelter if i recall. So yea thats all about me lol.

Hope you all are doing well and I pray the blessings of God upon you.

5th time? I'm gonna turn 16 and I have never done anything like that. And I don't plan to. What's the point of dating anyway?
The Lord of Space and Protector of the TARDIS Keys of
The Solar System Scope

#2,942

(06-28-2016, 03:29 PM)The Solar System Scope Wrote: 5th time? I'm gonna turn 16 and I have never done anything like that.

Same here Tounge

17 years old and I'm the only one in my group of friends who is single Happywide
RandomGuy199
Representative of the Federal Republic of Karnetvor
Resident Venezuelan/Lampshade Bar & Grill Manager- The South Pacific
Soldier, South Pacific Special Forces

"You're talkin' to the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', wheelin' n' dealin', limousine ridin', jet flyin', son of a gun, and I'm having a hard time keeping these alligators down!"

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair
#2,943

So, my auntie died today. Her name was Denise. She must've been in her sixties, I would think. She had Downs Syndrome and had spent the last week and a half in hospital with pneumonia. We knew this was coming.

I don't know how I feel. Sort of hollow, I guess, just partly scooped out. I haven't seen her for I don't know how many years, barely thought about her until the start of this month, when I met another lady with Downs who had the same name. I feel distant.

She used to be looked after by my Granny, until Granny was into her eighties and no longer able to cope, and then she moved to a special care home. Granny died just two days before my daughter was born, so I couldn't attend the funeral and I have no idea how Denise took it, whether she even understood.

When I was a child and Granny came to visit for Sunday lunch or some such, Denise would come too and of course she was always there when we were the ones doing the visiting.

I didn't like being around her. She made me feel this terrible sadness when I realised she didn't understand a lot of what was going on and I would feel guilty too. I don't even know why.

I remember this one time, just the once, when a cousin and I were jumping on a bed in Granny's old house and Denise saw us and joined in. She was too big, too clumsy. It was ridiculous and unsafe and I can't actually remember what happened next except that we were told off and I looked at Denise in a different way and couldn't bear the selfish sorrow of it all.

I'm sad for my Dad, of course. I think today is the first day it has truly occurred to me what it might have been like to grow up with a younger sister with Downs. They were a big family and perhaps that helped, but... It must have been difficult sometimes.

Dad always treated her like a child, in a good way, I mean, laughing and calling her silly names (he loves silly nicknames). He loved her very much, I think and I don't know how much it must be hurting him today.

But I'm hundreds of miles away and cold and unsure and...

Writing this is a kind of catharsis, although one bitterly incomplete. I probably won't tell anyone else any of this. I fear it makes me an awful human being.

I'm sorry, Denise. I should have loved you more and pitied you less. I hope you find true rest.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8
#2,944

(06-29-2016, 01:39 PM)Seraph Wrote: So, my auntie died today. Her name was Denise. She must've been in her sixties, I would think. She had Downs Syndrome and had spent the last week and a half in hospital with pneumonia. We knew this was coming.

I don't know how I feel. Sort of hollow, I guess, just partly scooped out. I haven't seen her for I don't know how many years, barely thought about her until the start of this month, when I met another lady with Downs who had the same name. I feel distant.

She used to be looked after by my Granny, until Granny was into her eighties and no longer able to cope, and then she moved to a special care home. Granny died just two days before my daughter was born, so I couldn't attend the funeral and I have no idea how Denise took it, whether she even understood.

When I was a child and Granny came to visit for Sunday lunch or some such, Denise would come too and of course she was always there when we were the ones doing the visiting.

I didn't like being around her. She made me feel this terrible sadness when I realised she didn't understand a lot of what was going on and I would feel guilty too. I don't even know why.

I remember this one time, just the once, when a cousin and I were jumping on a bed in Granny's old house and Denise saw us and joined in. She was too big, too clumsy. It was ridiculous and unsafe and I can't actually remember what happened next except that we were told off and I looked at Denise in a different way and couldn't bear the selfish sorrow of it all.

I'm sad for my Dad, of course. I think today is the first day it has truly occurred to me what it might have been like to grow up with a younger sister with Downs. They were a big family and perhaps that helped, but... It must have been difficult sometimes.

Dad always treated her like a child, in a good way, I mean, laughing and calling her silly names (he loves silly nicknames). He loved her very much, I think and I don't know how much it must be hurting him today.

But I'm hundreds of miles away and cold and unsure and...

Writing this is a kind of catharsis, although one bitterly incomplete. I probably won't tell anyone else any of this. I fear it makes me an awful human being.

I'm sorry, Denise. I should have loved you more and pitied you less. I hope you find true rest.

I am so sorry for your loss Seraph. I offer my condolences and prayers to you and your family.
#2,945

My condolences too.
The Solar System Scope

#2,946

My condolences man, my condolences.

A lot of people that I know died this year...
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains
#2,947

So, as had been indicated elsewhere, I'm off to Hungary tomorrow to do a week of camp, teaching English to Hungarian teenagers and also doing Bible studies, leading worship etc.

I can't wait. I love Hungary and I'll have a little time in Budapest, my favourite city, and at either end.

Szeretem a Budapestet!
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8
#2,948

So, I ended up being convinced to buy a thing while sliiiightly tipsy earlier today.

[Image: e9v7PPY.jpg]

<33
#2,949

(07-08-2016, 01:08 AM)rhinotaz Wrote: So, I ended up being convinced to buy a thing while sliiiightly tipsy earlier today.

[Image: e9v7PPY.jpg]

it actually looks more stoned to me
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."

#2,950

I've started reading 2061: Odyssey Three. Isaac Asimov and Carl Sagan have said it's good, so I guess it's going to be fun.
The Solar System Scope