We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

What's going on in your life?
#3,001

TL;DR - I broke my arm. Ow.

So I've been meaning to post an update here, for those not regularly on the RMB or Discord, but writing chunks of text has not been very fun, of late.

Anyway, here goes. A week ago on Saturday, I was at a wedding when I slipped on the concrete dance floor and fell, hard, on my elbow. A doctor there present said it would continue to hurt a lot and swell a lot, but that she was confident it wasn't broken. "If you turned up at my A&E, I'd just give you some codeine and send you home", is a direct quote.

So, I got up the next morning and took a bus and two trains to the Lake District, to join my wife and daughter and in-laws and some family friends for a holiday. I arrived late afternoon and basically just had a nap before dinner, a quiet evening and bed. We didn't do much the next day, with a little walk down to the nearby village and back and then I opted for another nap in the afternoon 'cos I was still tired. My arm had continued to swell.

Next day, Tuesday, I had to get up at six AM to catch a train and journey several hundred miles south to the town of Wells in Somerset for a job interview. I noticed on the train that my hand was starting to swell too.

The journey went okay, my interview went... eh, I guess (still haven't heard from them) and then I headed back. My train from Bristol was late. I missed my connection back to the Lakes and ended up taking two unscheduled train journeys through the bleak industrial heartland of England, as well as a taxi journey, to arrive back at my starting station two hours and forty-three minutes later than planned. I didn't get back to the cottage and into bed before one AM.

The next day we saw that my hand was still very swollen, as was my arm, so finally decided to go to a hospital in nearby(ish) Kendal. A few x-rays later and I'm being told that I have a severely broken arm and need an operation as soon as possible and that they had better and me to Lancaster. I saw my holiday, the one I had waited for for most of the year, which was supposed to make up for a crappy and stressful couple of months, vanish before my eyes. I hadn't even had a chance to enjoy the days I'd already had.

I then spent two nights in Lancaster, waiting for a date for an operation, before being sent "home" with one booked in for tomorrow morning in... Kendal.

We've had to book a B&B as near to the hospital as we could get, as we had to leave the holiday cottage yesterday morning. The unexpected extension has allowed for some holiday things to be done, which has been nice and my time in Lancaster proved to be very restful and calming, oddly enough, so I'm not as grouchy about the loss of holiday (and the possibly wasted trip to Wells) as I could be. Now I'm just waiting for the operation and feeling a little nervous.

It'll be a while before I can write very much, I suspect, so my RP and even journalistic involvement may be down a little, but I can still delegate and organise and pull things together and I might be able to type in a cast once I get back to my laptop, who knows?

My arm is getting sore now. Goodnight!
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8
#3,002

Sorry to hear Seraph. Only thing in my life is that I was diagnosed with Pre-Diabetes 2 weeks ago.
#3,003

Not good for both of you. Hope things are all good.
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:
#3,004

I'm really sorry to hear that, Seraph. I'm sure you'll be more than alright in no time, though. :)
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
#3,005

I've had my op now. I believe it went well.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

#3,006

Oh my

I hope you're doing all right
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."

#3,007

Seem to be. I'm struggling to sleep, but the nerve block injection I got is finally wearing off and I'm not experiencing much pain.

#3,008

My band won a major contest on Saturday!
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021
#3,009

Well, it seems like more crapstorms keep coming towards my family. Me and my mom had to take my brother to a doctor this morning who discovered something in his thyroid that shouldn't be there. He then had an ultrasound and they found out that it is solid. Since the ultrasound can't show what it is, he has to have a CT, but they think it is a tumor. (If you are a Christian, I ask you keep him in prayer please).
#3,010

Things are going well. I've got a new graphics-card for my system (a GTX 1060), a new power unit for it and have been enjoying losing myself into gaming without needing to worry about taxing my system. For the first time in a year I've found that I no longer feel the need to keep up with every major event in NS, and I'm hoping this is the start of a peaceful twilight age for me.