We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

2016 in America

I'll be surprised if any candidate gets at least 50% of the vote. I'll also be surprised if either Clinton or Trump will even stand a chance of being reelected in 2020.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

Maybe Kanye 2020 won't be such a bad idea...
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

A friend of mine came up with this:

"Hillary and Donald are onboard a plane [don't ask why] when it crashes. Who survives?"

[Image: flag%20of%20esfalsa%20animated.svg] Esfalsa | NationStatesWiki | Roleplay | Discord

[Image: rank_officer.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_2.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_3.min.svg]

That is so untrue and unfunny it's incredible. Also I think it's pretty clear that Clinton will be a one term President as she would be 72 in 2020 plus Dems will have been in the WH for 12 years so they would need an 08 Obama on steroids to win in 2020.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

Actually it is true and funny
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.

I personally regard it as the "funny because it's stupid" type, though maybe that's only me – or maybe nobody else even has that type, which is possible.

In any case, my opinion is that Trump seems more likely to speak what he wants rather than jsut to please people, but I just can't support Trump because I disagree with what he wants and his personality so much. I also don't really like Hillary because my opinion is that she just says things that will please people – sticking to a party rather than her own beliefs.

Maybe I'm too quick to judge, and maybe my judgement is really bad. I still think third party candidates are better...

They always are, in every country, though no one seems to understand that.

OMG ONE DAY LEFT!!!!! *SCREAMING LOUDLY*
-Griffindor/Ebonhand
-Current Roles/Positions
-Legislator 2/24/20-
-High Court Justice 6/7/20-
-South Pacific Coral Guard 11/17/20-
-Minister of Engagement 6/17/22-

-Past Roles/Positions
-Legislator 7/3/16-4/10/18
-Secretary of State 4/3/20-2/24/21

-Chair of the APC 9/24/16-5/31/17
-Vice-Chair of the APC 6/1/17-4/10/18
-Local Council Member 7/1/17-11/17/17
-Citizen 5/2012-12/2014 and  2/26/16-7/3/2016

(11-07-2016, 07:10 AM)Zak6858 Wrote: They always are, in every country, though no one seems to understand that.

No they are not. A third party has to offer something the two main parties do not, and since most countries have one right wing party and one left wing party a third party will always be a more radical and extreme choice. Unless you are more left or right wing than most people one of the main two will be the best choice for you.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

(11-06-2016, 03:03 PM)Punchwood Wrote: That is so untrue and unfunny it's incredible. Also I think it's pretty clear that Clinton will be a one term President as she would be 72 in 2020 plus Dems will have been in the WH for 12 years so they would need an 08 Obama on steroids to win in 2020.

Tulsi Gabbard is the solution.

Edit: Plus, the Democrats have done it before, and it was a 20 year period of dominance (1933–1953). I mean, you could say that it was because of the Great Depression and WWII that kept them in power, but still.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History