We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Trump Presidency

Look, I'm centre right, and that probably won't ever change. Who knows? Trump is doing some things right, which is good. Trump is also doing some things wrong, which is bad. Hopefully, he doesn't start WW3.

Look, I thought he would be a disaster. He hasn't quite reached that level yet. Thank god.

The thing with politics is that the conservatives look over at the lefties and think that they are crazy weed smoking hippies who waste are a waste of money, but the left wingers look at the conservatives and think, oh they are crazy god loving christians who only care about money and hate anyone who isn't a white middle aged man.
John Hills- President of Ausstan

Republicans are now one step closer to issuing death warrants to millions of Americans. Trumpcare just passed the House of Representatives by a vote of 217–213. They jumped the gun by not waiting for a CBO report on costs and number of Americans losing their insurance, nor did they negotiate with the Democrats. Absolutely shameful.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

On the positive side, there is a chance it will get shredded in the Senate. The Republicans don't have enough numbers (taking intto account the possibillity of defections) to pass the bill by brute force, if I remember correctly.
RandomGuy199
Representative of the Federal Republic of Karnetvor
Resident Venezuelan/Lampshade Bar & Grill Manager- The South Pacific
Soldier, South Pacific Special Forces

"You're talkin' to the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', wheelin' n' dealin', limousine ridin', jet flyin', son of a gun, and I'm having a hard time keeping these alligators down!"

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair

Trump praises Australia's universal healthcare after Obamacare repeal.

The madness.

My History

Our healthcare is kinda failing
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

Eh, not that bad. Better than anything USA has had. Still worse than some of the countries in Europe, etc.

That may seem good, but in almost every other respect we are in the top 10 in the world. We have 5 of the 10 most livable cities and the 4th highest average age.

We are called the lucky country for a reason. Smile

STRAYA MATE!!!
John Hills- President of Ausstan

He seeks to destroy the closest thing this country has to universal healthcare, but praises universal healthcare. I can't stand this madness.

My History

Some good news: Trump will delay his decision on the Paris Agreement on climate change until after the G7 summit. Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner, and Rex Tillerson are the only reason why he hasn’t torn up the treaty yet. God save us all if he tears it up.

My History

Breaking: FBI Director James Comey has been fired by the Trump Administration on the recommendation of Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

This news just came out of nowhere.

My History

He demoted the acting Director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, fired an acting Attorney General, 47 U.S. Attorneys, and now the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. People are already saying it's Nixonian. The independence of the FBI and the Department of Justice has now been compromised. These same institutions are actively investigating connections between the Trump campaign and the Russian government. We need a special prosecutor or an independent commission. Also, CNN is reporting that a grand jury has issued subpoenas on records from the associates of former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn. This is a bad day for America. What Trump did today looks ever so similar to when Russian President Boris Yeltsin fired Prosecutor General Yury Skuratov, who was investigating Yeltsin. One by one, objective voices in the U.S. government are being purged.

People who were involved in Trump–Russia investigation now fired:
  • Acting Attorney General Sally Yates
  • United States Attorney Preet Bharara
  • FBI Director James Comey

My History